Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I am regrettably stuck at the “use an item to evolve a Pokémon” stage of the research. What a dumb place to get stuck, but of course it was mostly self-inflicted because I’ve had seven days to figure it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I caught a shiny Swablu! :toot:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Bogart posted:

I caught a shiny Swablu! :toot:

FOUR HUNDRED FUCKIN CANDIES?

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Bogart posted:

LOL

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Bogart posted:

New thread title IMO.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Bogart posted:

Congrats on your new shiny buddy.

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."
Shoutout to Just Making Chili for being a chill goon hooking an Aussie up with some Angry American Bulls

Not to step on Bowmore's toes, but I'm also setting up a Kanga trading account for any goons that want Kangas

Call UberKosh on 3644 0605 8909 to throw another Kanga on the Barbie

X13Fen fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Sep 10, 2018

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

X13Fen posted:

Shoutout to Just Making Chili for being a chill goon hooking an Aussie up with some Angry American Bulls

Not to step on Bowmore's toes, but I'm also setting up a Kanga trading account for any goons that want Kangas

not stepping on my toes at all

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."

bowmore posted:

not stepping on my toes at all

:hfive:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:hf:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
how many raids have you generally found you need to pull off at a gym to grab an EX invite?

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
That's a difficult question to answer. In the beginning I got nothing for months, but then they increased the odds and I started getting EX-passes every week. Later it became less again and I missed a few passes even though I raided a gym that was picked that week.
Of course there is also a chance that you don't get one because the next EX-gym in the same park happened to get more traffic that week so that got picked over the one you raided, or because it happened to have a raid at the time that passes were given out (they never get picked then), or there happened to be too few people playing that week for it to be picked, or it was picked but too many people/spoofers raided that particular gym and got all the passes, or it had another EX-raid too recently, or a variety of other possible reasons.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

I just spun the last stop in the 7-day stop quest for Celebi and the loving counter reset to 1 instead of finishing it.

How do you even gently caress that up?

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Birdstrike posted:

how many raids have you generally found you need to pull off at a gym to grab an EX invite?

I have raided once at an ex gym, and got a pass a bit later.
Attended that raid, and caught Mewtwo with the 2nd ball.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Vegastar posted:

I just spun the last stop in the 7-day stop quest for Celebi and the loving counter reset to 1 instead of finishing it.

Yeah this has been happening to random people on random days

Also I just hit 6/7 and now I am scared

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Birdstrike posted:

For me?

One each.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

seiferguy posted:

:lol:

In all honesty, I'm used to people screwing up gym themes, but it's always with rhydon.

I'm actually a big fan of the evolved forms and one giant Pokemon, because usually they will surround the giant one like it's a posse or something.

I don't know what causes it, but I really enjoy the bug where Wailmer is shoved 100 feet to the right of everyone else.

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004

Vegastar posted:

Yeah... if you submit a help request I think they can just complete it for you.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I kinda want a level up lift. Give me the ability to hit 50 already, crap!

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

TheEye posted:

Yeah... if you submit a help request I think they can just complete it for you.

I sent in a help request already, we'll see what happens.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Cowslips Warren posted:

I kinda want a level up lift. Give me the ability to hit 50 already, crap!
I think most of the people who want a level lift will already be at the XP needed for 50, by the time Niantic opens those particular floodgates.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Only if they don’t continue the same xp curve. Exponential I think? If they don’t fix that only Dr Tran will be 50 :v:

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Psion posted:

Only if they don’t continue the same xp curve. Exponential I think? If they don’t fix that only Dr Tran will be 50 :v:

If they're going to increase level cap, I'd put safe money on it being tied not only to exp, but also to specific badges. This is how ingress levels work beyond a certain point, and it seems fairly logical for pogo as well.

Ideally they'd release platinum or platinum/onyx badges at the same time, or it ends up not having much effect. God knows I've been gold on almost every badge for a while now.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

X13Fen posted:

How do I get in on this? I'm in Winnipeg, Canada. Same regionals as most of the US. I can contribute whatever people want that's available over here. I'd love a Kanga!!

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Psychobabble! posted:

You're in luck! Here's a post from our local FB page:

and the map:

I won't personally be there but I know the "host" from raiding and he's a pretty cool guy. Counterbalance park is at 700 Queen Anne Ave N. Be on time, be prepared to walk and raid/catch at the same time, and be willing to run if it has bad IVs and they're already at the next raid. Bonus: it takes you through all of downtown. Have fun!
We did this for an hour and a half. Thanks for the recommendation. Started a bit slow (the first gym was locked due to an ex raid, the second had so many people there that everyone seemed to get kicked out), but eventually we sped forward with a smaller group of people and a bunch of fun. Thanks again!

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Yeah, I'd be down for Platinum badges being added eventually, along with a level cap boost. I just hope they wouldn't make the Platinum requirements too crazy.

Bogart posted:

If we didn't already have a good thread name theme going on, this would be a frontrunner.

DizzyBum fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Sep 10, 2018

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam
I just warped from Australia to the United States in an hour and a half without a softban. Gonna see how close I can shave that timer, because what else is there to do in this game right now.

(by warped I mean a friendly goon in Australia was using my account)

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
I just caught my first Lunatone. Seeing poke silhouettes still gets my pulse up.

X13Fen posted:

Thanks for the Kangas!

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
Birds are coming back, the 13th through the 20th, and can be shiny. Mewtwo will be in regular raids Sept 20th to October 23rd.

And more Kanto mons from 13th til the 30th.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Looks like Kanto regionals will be in 7k eggs too

https://pokemongolive.com/post/globalchallenge-ultrabonus

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
They should have announced a Mewtwo day instead.

25% hyped.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

JUST MAKING CHILI posted:

I just caught my first Lunatone. Seeing poke silhouettes still gets my pulse up.

I'm awaiting the day that my Go-tcha gives the "new Pokemon" notification while I'm driving because that means I just stumbled upon an Unown or Lunatone and holy poo poo I need to pull over right now

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

Birds are coming back, the 13th through the 20th, and can be shiny. Mewtwo will be in regular raids Sept 20th to October 23rd.

And more Kanto mons from 13th til the 30th.

Oh shiiiit the theorycrafters were right :aaaaa:

https://twitter.com/PokemonGoApp/status/1039166824158511104

e: HOLY poo poo

quote:

Finally, there is one more special surprise: Farfetch’d, Kangaskhan, Mr. Mime, and Tauros will be joining the Alolan Pokémon in 7 km Eggs through the end of September!

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam
The timing on this is hilarious.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

A few days late but I just got my relicanth, and I am all done on regionals! Now to find someone who'll trade me a Ho-Oh for a rare Unown or a shadow claw Gengar...

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Oyster posted:

The timing on this is hilarious.
right? haha

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

bowmore posted:

right? haha

I went to the south end of the country where Heracross and Corsola spawn a couple months ago, logged into a friend's account, caught him one of each. Trading rolled out a week later.

This is just much worse than that.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
drat. Time for me to start walking.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Yeah I’m going to go run 9x incubators as long as my stash holds out (not long) because that’s two regionals I want easy

Not looking forward to hatching 9 Tauros in a row but that’s the price of progress

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Consummate Professional posted:

drat. Time for me to start walking.

:same:

I'm tempted to buy some extra coins so I can get the Ultra Box and clear out my egg backlog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
I really wish there was a way to just throw our all my current eggs.

Edit: when does the regionals hatching in eggs start? And is it any 7km egg, or do they have to be from gifts xx km away?

• Locked thread