Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Anybody play the mm11 demo yet?
It has a stage, 2 boss powers, and rush coil unlocked.

Music doesnt rate against the classics, idk ymmv.
Stage is pretty drat hard. Lots of places where you are encouraged to use bullet time to make it through tho they added super easy difficulty modes where you might not have to.
Boss is ok. Seems more about the spectacle of his giant form than anything else tho.
Art is kinda bland.

Not sure if I'll get it for 30 dollars. Having to manage a cooldown for you slowmo meter is a really weird gimmick for megaman but im interested to see what they do with it beyond the demo level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

gently caress!This!Would!Be!So!Annoying!Trying!To!Talk!Like!This!All!The!Time!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Infinitum posted:

gently caress!This!Would!Be!So!Annoying!Trying!To!Talk!Like!This!All!The!Time!

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Real hurthling! posted:

Men getting mad they cant go to a panel about a topic they hate is peak 2018 goodness

Honestly, social media was a mistake. As soon as people are offered a modicum of perceived anonymity they start up some poo poo (storm) because they like to feel part of a group. The topic is not really all that relevant. It's the internet equivalent of joining up to make fun of that one kid in class. Most of the time kids do it to do what the others do.

Like how often will one of these dudes go to the parking garage personnel and complain about the parking spots reserved for women? Never, because they know full well how embarrassingly stupid that is. But as soon as someone starts a Twitter about it, all kinds of morons will join in, just because they can and feel safety in numbers.

tl;dr: ignore social media unless you use it to stay in touch with friends who are far away.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

Men getting mad they cant go to a panel about a topic they hate is peak 2018 goodness

The Guild Wars 2 debacle, the transphobic Cyberpunk 2077 twitter joke, the possibly transphobic and anti-immigration jokes in the Doom Eternal demo 4channers are jerking off to, everything that's going on at Riot, the shooting at the Madden tournament, EA recently cowering to the "a woman with a prosthetic arm in my Hollywood war videogame" crowd. Video games are on a roll this year.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
lets all just calm down and play billy hatcher and the giant egg

it's hosed up that this game has a pc port and sega hasn't put it on steam

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

The Colonel posted:

lets all just calm down and play billy hatcher and the giant egg

it's hosed up that this game has a pc port and sega hasn't put it on steam

It doesn't sound appropriate to stay calm in this situation at all actually

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I hope Billy Hatchet gets that egg. Please post more about that game I never played it but was always curious

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

GUI posted:

The Guild Wars 2 debacle, the transphobic Cyberpunk 2077 twitter joke, the possibly transphobic and anti-immigration jokes in the Doom Eternal demo 4channers are jerking off to, everything that's going on at Riot, the shooting at the Madden tournament, EA recently cowering to the "a woman with a prosthetic arm in my Hollywood war videogame" crowd. Video games are on a roll this year.

What happened with the EA thing?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

goferchan posted:

I hope Billy Hatchet gets that egg. Please post more about that game I never played it but was always curious

billy hatcher gets many giant eggs, not through obtaining them, but by growing them into giants. he then wastefully abandons them for different eggs

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
billy hatcher also has some really good music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIVJhNm2T3g

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Rarity posted:

I’m guessing this?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2018/09/08/battlefield-v-censors-words-like-nazi-and-white-man-for-some-bizarre-reason/#3533f83d67ec

I’m not 100% why either because the idea that they were censoring the word “Nazi” to not hurt Nazi feelings just sounds too stupid to be conceivable

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Sep 10, 2018

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

what is william hatcher up to in 2018, in his mid 20s

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

homeless snail posted:

what is william hatcher up to in 2018, in his mid 20s

after billy hatched sonic the hedgehog from an egg he was never the same, mostly because sonic was more popular than him

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Rarity posted:

They very recently said they were toning down the "wacky" cosmetic options for Battlefield V obviously referring to the complaints about that soldier with the prosthetic arm in the announcement trailer not realising that most of the people complaining about it are angry that people with disabilities are being represented in some way (no different than the complaints about women and poc) and are using the excuse of ~~their immersion~~ as cover.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
I thought it was the manbabies complaining that Battlefield 5 cover is featuring a woman with prosthetic arm. It spawned a lot of good articles covering (:haw:) women who fought in WW2 so that's a net positive for me :shrug:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
It’s hard to keep track these days I guess

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
When is Lara Croft finally going to make it to the fireworks factory

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

It's almost like corporations don't actually care about social issues and use them as marketing tactics instead :ssh:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

*looks at nike sales surge being invested into Republican campaigns*

whatever do you mean

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Motto posted:

*looks at nike sales surge being invested into Republican campaigns*

whatever do you mean

Wait what

I know their stock went down after they including Kaepernick in an ad but what's this about nike's sales going towards republicans now?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I oversimplified but guys like Nike's founder, etc, make campaign contributions all over the place, since they're rich guys with interests entirely separate from what their brands present. no ethical consumption blah blah

e: idk just pretentious 3am posts

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Looking forward to tomb raiding this week. I hear there are lots of tombs in this one.

Only two more weeks until Life is Strange 2 also very hype!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Hopper posted:

tl;dr: ignore social media unless you use it to stay in touch with friends who are far away.

what did sms services disappear in the last six hours since i've used them or something

smash the panopticon, vaporize social media

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

GUI posted:

Really? lol

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.gamerevolution.com/features/418045-doom-eternal-mortally-challenged-joke-offensively-boring

People are just hypersensitive arseholes these days basically.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Eh, the mortally challenged joke is definitely playing to the alt-right by validating their lovely opinion. The other stuff is reaching though.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rarity posted:

Eh, the mortally challenged joke is definitely playing to the alt-right by validating their lovely opinion.

This is reaching too

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Rarity posted:

Eh, the mortally challenged joke is definitely playing to the alt-right by validating their lovely opinion. The other stuff is reaching though.

It's just a joke mate.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Hopper posted:

I consider all goons friends who are hopefully far away :)

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Rarity posted:

The joke is that the big evil corporation is using passive-aggressive workplace jargon to invite literal Hell on Earth, not that demons = immigrants or w/e. This is clear to anyone who is familiar with Doom 16's brand of satire.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I do not know why I read YouTube comments, not a single one has ever improved my life in any way

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

I do not know why I read YouTube comments, not a single one has ever improved my life in any way

If it makes you feel any better about half of them are probably bots anyway.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The White Dragon posted:

what did sms services disappear in the last six hours since i've used them or something

smash the panopticon, vaporize social media

It costs money to text people in other countries

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-crystal-chronicles-is-coming-to-the-ps4-1828931682

Need I say more?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

kotaku is blocked at work so yeah please

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Goa Tse-tung posted:

kotaku is blocked at work so yeah please

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoa97CdeG_w

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I missed out on Crystal Chronicles during the GCN days so that’s cool. On the other hand I have a habit of buying remasters and abandoning them after the first couple hours, so that’s not so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Yakuza guys new IP, Judge Eyes has a gameplay trailer now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEIlMFq40dQ

• Locked thread