Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

...! posted:

quote:

Unless a completely new nation is created: where all men are created equal and independent, that from that equal creation they derive rights inherent and inalienable, among which are the preservation of life and liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
america, but with bitcoin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
sedge and bee more liek neo and bee amirite

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Weatherman posted:

yes you are indeed :correct:

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

sedge and bee in the streets, heb sed and bee in the sheets

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

EorayMel posted:

Who the gently caress approved a budget cut on the new Scarface remake?

Say hallo to my little fren'

*Calls the cops, the FBI, and the NCMEC*

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
My friend's back from Berlin. Apart from the job interview, there was a hackathon organised by that crypto microloan startup. Because he was basically the only person who came there not because of his interest in crypto, he was also the only one who could code, so his team have won 3,000 DAI. If I understand correctly, it's tether 2.0 for etherium. The 'money' is tied up in some sort of ETH group wallet, where people can withdraw only when everyone else agrees or something like that. My friend has no intention of cashing them out, because he barely understands what is involved in this, and also doesn't want to talk to the crypto people from his hackathon team again. A huge victory for Bitcoin.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Weatherman posted:

Boxturret posted:

yes you are indeed :correct:

Djeser posted:

sedge and bee in the streets, heb sed and bee in the sheets

:wrong:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

:right:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

quote:

“If the US Government put a bounty on the US national debt, how would you solve it?”

Personally, I believe that the cryptocurrency community is one of the most innovative crowds on the planet, and I think one way it’s highly efficient is through utilizing bounties, hackathons, etc. These leave the creativity and method of success up to the client — true freedom of thought, if you will.

With that in mind, let’s suppose that the government announced the following:

“The US federal government will pay X amount of money to the person who can most efficiently, quickly, legally and inexpensively pay off the US national debt. Open to any and all plans.”

I’d like to know 1) how much would you charge, 2) what currency would you like your bounty payable in, and 3) how you would accomplish this bounty. If you’d like some inspiration, check out the responses in the Cent thread. A few simple thoughts for you to consider:

What if the USG incentivized miners to set up Federal Mining Rigs. Suppose those in charge of maintenance and set up got to keep a percentage of what they earn?

What if the USG hired crypto traders specifically to chip away at the national debt, perhaps with a similar fee structure?

What if the USG gave tax breaks on cryptocurrency to anyone who contributed to solving the national debt crisis?

Just think about how much has been done in the crypto community with little to no resources. Decred bootstrapped an incredible product. YT has made herself famous for cryptographic puzzles and is pioneering in the gaming space. Bitcoin itself was built on little more than an idea, and now it’s a force that cannot be ignored.

I firmly believe the crypto community can solve nearly any problem to which it puts its collective mind. In the face of China, Japan, and even more recently Iran exploring the ways crypto could make their nations stronger, wouldn’t it make sense for the US government to turn inwards to its own citizens for help? Especially those who are so concerned about individual freedom that they’d start their own currency network?

America was founded on the idea of freedom and liberty that the crypto community espouses. It’s time our politicians wake up and broaden their horizons. Solutions are out there — but they’re not going to volunteer themselves.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

that was all so dumb so to save my brain im focusing on them thinking that bitcoin invented bounties and hackathons and that anything useful has ever come out of them

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

1) declare all debt null and void
2) watcha gonna do, world, attack us?

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

if only there were some way governments could get their citizens to help pay off the national debt by contributing money to it. It'd have to be fair though so maybe you could somehow take money based on how much a person earned? and in return the government could provide services at a discounted rate or something

can someone in the crypto world please take this forward? I'll reward you with 100 flooz or beanz and a picture of ayn rand (stained)

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
the idea of public debt is something put forward by austerity fetishists that want to punish anyone not born wealthy

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
the bulk of the US national debt is owed to americans, american companies, and state/local governments
much of the debt owed to foreign investors is offset by foreign debts to US investors
the debt is systematically misrepresented by small govt conservatives to justify slashing government programs

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

EorayMel posted:

What about bitcoin unlimited?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS-0Az7dgRY&t=91s

Horrormelon
Jan 28, 2009

Only Gallagher can save us now.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

the bulk of the US national debt is owed to americans, american companies, and state/local governments
much of the debt owed to foreign investors is offset by foreign debts to US investors
the debt is systematically misrepresented by small govt conservatives to justify slashing government programs

gschmidl posted:

1) declare all debt null and void
2) watcha gonna do, world, attack us?

Why my bonds went to 0

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

...!
Oct 5, 2003

number go up: i'm gonna be rich! suck it, nocoiners!
number go down: the number is unimportant and irrelevant

...!
Oct 5, 2003

https://mobile.twitter.com/ctoLarsson/status/1038709864061534209

...!
Oct 5, 2003

https://mobile.twitter.com/RealRossU/status/1039197457614131200

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Prison seems to have positive effect on bitcoiners. Mark got thin, so I expect Ross to become super jacked.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

ok mom so when you get to this part of the tweet i want you to use an emoji that really shows how tired and worn out i am, and make sure to properly @ all the people i mentioned

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
As bad as the US justice system is, I'm pretty sure ordering hits on people is going to land you in prison pretty much anywhere.

Lambert fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Sep 10, 2018

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

honestly though i like to think that ross hasn't had any contact with anyone for months and all these tweets are entirely made up

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

that one dumbass posted:

Almost all great leaders went through great hardships. It’s what gave them the courage they needed, where lesser men and women would have worried about small things.

I originally parsed this as saying that both "lesser men" and "women" worry about small things and was going to make fun of him. but maybe he meant "lesser men and women" focus on small things

:shrug:

also, something something lesser men do focus on their small things something something women

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

computer janitor reform so his torrent can't get hacked again to deposit mycrimes.txt and aliaces.txt on his laptop

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

"when I get out" :allears:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

i don't ask for much, just a nice little beachfront property, a happy family life like what i robbed from my victims, and for all my many crimes to be forgiven with a full apology and compensation

...!
Oct 5, 2003

those elon musk scammer bots need to be turned toward ross's profile

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Midjack posted:

computer janitor reform so his torrent can't get hacked again to deposit mycrimes.txt and aliaces.txt on his laptop

look this is COMPLETELY wrong and is MORE BUTTCOIN LIES

the file was called log.txt

...!
Oct 5, 2003

BMan posted:

"when I get out" :allears:

his cult members have convinced him that it's inevitable. soon, even :allears:

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
As we all know Trump, the guy that doesn't even drink alcohol and the guy that praises Duterte, really loves drug peddlers. That's why he'll pardon ol' Ross.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

no guys he is exactly like nelson mandela

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
jesus, imagine thinking that tips from tim motherfucking ferris are going to help you in prison

blow it all up

all of it

Horrormelon
Jan 28, 2009

Two life sentences from a federal judge, plus forty years, without the possibility of parole. Is he really banking on a presidential pardon? Because as far as I understand, short of his supporters pulling off a wacky heist to break him out, a presidential pardon is the only way he'd get out.

Oh wait, I get it now. After fiat currency collapses (surely in the next month or two), so too does the government and the prison system. The new Bitcoin cryptocracy will recognize everyone as sovereign citizens, release them from captivity, and turn all prisons into glorious community mining centers.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Lambert posted:

As we all know Trump, the guy that doesn't even drink alcohol and the guy that praises Duterte, really loves drug peddlers. That's why he'll pardon ol' Ross.
trump actually did commute the sentence of a big-time cocaine dealer (2000-3000 kilos of cocaine over a 3 year period) at the encouragement of kim kardashian. so it's quite possible that some famous person might convince trump to commute ross' sentence.

edit:
https://twitter.com/wheatpond/status/1038849123779313665

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Completely missed that. lol.

Join me at the Ross Foundation for Criminal Justice Reform.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

...! posted:

Personally, I believe that the cryptocurrency community is one of the most innovative crowds on the planet

yeah they're pretty fuckin good at imagining scenarios where their turbo nerd pogs let them take over the world and show that bully chad who's boss, also that bitch katie will finally suck their dicks

...! posted:

In the face of China, Japan, and even more recently Iran exploring the ways crypto could make their nations stronger

...! posted:

Solutions are out there — but they’re not going to volunteer themselves.

"im not doing a muthafukkin thing until you cross my palm with silver" -- saviours of the human race
then again, that is basically america.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horrormelon
Jan 28, 2009

Yeah, there's no way that the entity in control of your country's government could take your Bitcoins and use them however they'd like.

Oh wait, you're saying they can?

• Locked thread