Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Zenithe posted:

He kind of has a point. Average punters see the poo poo that goes on in live transport and rightly think it's horrible. The fact is that the same thing happens all the time in the Australian animal agriculture industry all the time and nobody cares.

The only reason live export gets in the news is because they are forced to report whenever more than a certain percent die. So if 2% of sheep die that's not acceptable, but 1.9% is fine.

http://www.agriculture.gov.au/expor...ons-mortalities

See also people like Hanson who talk about how bad halal slaughter is, despite supporting all kinds of other horrible poo poo.

Cathat is still an idiot though.

No. His point is;

quote:

"Calls to ban live exports are wrong from every perspective. They are racist, imperialist, arrogant and anti-animal welfare," Senator Leyonhjelm told parliament.
Senator Leyonhjelm, who used to work as a vet and agribusiness consultant, said the debate had nothing to do with animal welfare.
"The people who buy our sheep are brown and those who don't want to sell them our sheep look down on them," he said.
"Just imagine if these brown people tried to stop us eating ham at Christmas by refusing to sell us pigs."
Unless he said more that wasn't reported, he never said anything like what you did. He calls people racist's and hypocrites because that's what they call him and he

(A) doesn't understand what they mean
(B) knows it'll get a big guffaw from the Internet rationalists that make up his fanbase

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Sep 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Lid posted:

Nope apart from those halal are evil One Nation types

My thing was more a reference to this rahter influential paper: https://www.jstor.org/stable/10.1086/233846?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents

but Lion Helm has no idea wtf hes talking about because his philosophy came from a wet dog eared copy of Atlas Shrugged.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Various right-wing groups complain about them, either using veiled criticisms like animal welfare concerns or outright anti-Muslim language.

Thanks, I hadn't heard of it from the left, but wasn't sure if that was because I'd missed it or because it didn't exist.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

He kind of has a point because, environmentally, livestock production has a massively oversized impact for its benefit and international shipping often involves the dumping of bilge water that contains foreign algaes and-

Me, gently but firmly pinching your lips closed: No.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
in the office thinking about how the Phillips curve is busted and getting Pissed Off

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

JBP posted:

Saying you barrack for the dogs without living in the west of Melbourne is the most obvious attempt to dust yourself in the salt of the earth.

Which teams are approved for the working class?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Dude McAwesome posted:

Dogs, Port Adelaide, Richmond, Collingwood and Fremantle in descending order of working class approval.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Dude McAwesome posted:

Team Jacob.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Dude McAwesome posted:

The Gold Coast Titans

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

froglet posted:

https://twitter.com/ALeighMP/status/1038983788536127488?s=19

Despite being a Labor MP, I do recommend people read Andrew Leigh's book Battlers and Billionaires: The Story of Inequality in Australia.

It's a few years old now but I found it interesting.

Leigh is one of Labor's best MPs.

He's also in ludicrously good shape and has a marathon time of well under 3 hours.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Birdstrike posted:

in the office thinking about how the Phillips curve is busted and getting Pissed Off

The Phillips curve isn't real.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
i can’t tell the difference between andrew giles and andrew leigh

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I can't tell the difference between Andrew Gaze and Daniel Andrews.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Andrew's gaze

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

gently caress he's not happy with guy's kissy lips i think

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Birdstrike posted:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

updated:

it even looks like a loving anchor

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

JBP posted:

Dogs, Port Adelaide, Richmond, Collingwood and Fremantle in descending order of working class approval.

Birdstrike posted:

updated:

:tinfoil:

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.
That dipshit who vandalised Eurydice Dixon's memorial has been ordered to pay $20,000, serve an 18 month community corrections order, and perform 200 hours of community service, and had a conviction recorded. Good.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Birdstrike posted:

updated:

lol

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Business in 2013: "Lol LNP won, suck a dick dumbshits"

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Whitlam posted:

That dipshit who vandalised Eurydice Dixon's memorial has been ordered to pay $20,000, serve an 18 month community corrections order, and perform 200 hours of community service, and had a conviction recorded. Good.

Yeah but how much will his inevitable Go-Fund-Me to pay his fine & legal fees generate from chuds across the globe

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hooman posted:

Business in 2013: "Lol LNP won, suck a dick dumbshits"

Isn't this cartoons shtick?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

hambeet posted:

I think you'll find he uses his shtick to drop leaves on the grid

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

hambeet posted:

Nah, no grid.

Also didn't call anyone clowns.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

GoldStandardConure posted:

Yeah but how much will his inevitable Go-Fund-Me to pay his fine & legal fees generate from chuds across the globe

At least he can't grift away the conviction or the community service time. :shrug:

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

hooman posted:

Nah, no grid.

Also didn't call anyone clowns.

Don't you mean Muppets?

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

GoldStandardConure posted:

How much did Lion Hat get for his defense fund?

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/fitzhunter/status/1039043111991750656

Voted against the private members bill which passed in the senate, so they can attempt to get their own bill over the line in a few months.

https://twitter.com/fitzhunter/status/1039047004007976960

Edit:
Now voting against debate on their own bill as to postpone the issue

https://twitter.com/fitzhunter/status/1039045480477380608

drunkill fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Sep 10, 2018

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Adults.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

CrazyTolradi posted:

How much did Lion Hat get for his defense fund?

Oh yeah what happened with that ?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

hambeet posted:

Oh yeah what happened with that ?

Looks like he's scammed 33k so far.

EDIT: SHY's on the left, Cathat's on the right.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-10/transgender-footballer-hannah-mouncey-withdraws-from-aflw-draft/10221730

quote:

Transgender footballer Hannah Mouncey has withdrawn from the AFLW draft, accusing the AFL of treating her poorly and putting its "corporate image" above all other considerations.
Mouncey made headlines in 2017 when the AFL ruled she was ineligible for selection in the 2018 AFLW draft.
She has been playing for Darebin Falcons in the VFL Women's competition and had nominated for the 2019 AFLW draft.
But in a Twitter post Mouncey said she had decided to withdraw from the draft, despite meeting the league's medical conditions.
"The AFL has treated me like poo poo, with every effort made to wear me down to a point where I couldn't continue," she said.
"Eventually what has gone on behind the scenes will come out, and it paints a sad picture of an organisation with no leadership, who cares only for its corporate image above all else."

The AFL last month released its gender diversity policy, which prescribes maximum testosterone levels for trans or non-binary people who wish play in the AFLW competition.
In her Twitter post, Mouncey included documents which she said showed he met the AFL's medical requirements, including blood tests over a period of more than two years which showed her testosterone levels were below the maximum level prescribed by the league for AFLW players.
"To do otherwise, I would have risked constant speculation about that, and possibly being labelled a cheat for being above, which is not something I can live with," Mouncey said.
"Essentially, the toll of doing this on my own has ended up being far too great," she said.
"There are a number of things I can't risk by continuing this fight, which are far more important than football.
"The toll this has taken on the people I care about is enormous, as has the toll it's taken on me.
"I'm not ok with allowing that to continue.
"I'm comfortable in the fact that given the chance, I would have done well at the next level.
"I know I can do it, but it's not worth what it's currently costing."
An AFL spokesman said it had no comment, as the deadline for players to lodge applications for the draft was not until the end of the week.
I assume "Mouncey included documents which she said showed he met the AFL's medical requirements" is a typo

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

hambeet posted:

Pfft! Doesn't even mention if it is Labour or Multifactor Productivity. Amateurs!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Cartoon posted:

Pfft! Doesn't even mention if it is Labour or Multifactor Productivity. Amateurs!

That's right. I knew it wasn't authentic cartoon, but thought your ears may be burning.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
The email dutton got:

https://twitter.com/AirlieWalsh/status/1039054188540395521

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Whitlam posted:

Hopefully he's on dunny duty and not something cool like gardening.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Flag Status: Completed.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Picturing Malcolm Turnbull in a hacker hoodie on his alienware laptop in New York leaking documents while giggling with Kevin Rudd on discord.

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax

froglet posted:

https://twitter.com/ALeighMP/status/1038983788536127488?s=19

Despite being a Labor MP, I do recommend people read Andrew Leigh's book Battlers and Billionaires: The Story of Inequality in Australia.

It's a few years old now but I found it interesting.
fun fact, my wildlife rescue comrades tell me it's extremely hard to get politicians to turn up to their events because the publicity team cannot, will not accept that they can't have a pr photo of the personality holding a baby marsupial (because baby marsupials are fragile little bundles of dread and being manhandled by a new human could kill them) and it makes them so angry they just won't come to anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
News Corp has some hard hitting facts to libtards

quote:

YOU’RE walking down the street and run into an old mate you’re morally obligated to say hello to.

“Oh my God, hey!” you exclaim. “Long time no see!”
Sound like an accurate day-to-day scenario? Well we’ve got news for you. You’re a racist. A dirty, filthy racist. Hang your head in shame.

Now one could argue that intent plays a part in all this.
You’re not at fault if you didn’t know “Bugger” had racist and homophobic origins, unless … well … you really were intending it to be a slur against 900-year-old Bulgarian sodomites.
But hey, you learn something new every day.
Now for the love of God, don’t flock into my mentions barking about “PERLERTIKAL CERRERCTNESS GONE MERE”. I’m just the messenger.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/r...50a0353894411cf

• Locked thread