Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Raptor1033 posted:

Bobby your weird hate of melee on O and the resulting consequences of “can’t use hold abilities anymore” is loving hilarious. O is fine, and R1 to activate abilities is good. What game did you play tht engrained melee on trigger for you?
Destiny put melee on R1, and it's great having an easy to reach panic button when something's all up in your face. It's going to be even more great when melee 2.0 comes out and quick melee is just as powerful as stance melee, I can't wait.

Putting it on ⭕ is bad and wrong because you have to take your thumb off aim to melee, which impairs my ability to run through mobs of infested mutilating the poo poo out of them with guandao, unless I strafe round the outside of the group.

I can still use hold abilities because I mapped my abilities to the d-pad, and the old d-pad stuff to the touchpad. Except it doesn't let you put the consumable wheel on the touchpad, so I had to put that on ⭕.

My controls are weird but i'm finally happy with them, is what i'm saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
The one thing I miss from my PC account is the recipe to craft infinite Fieldrons. I don't mind grinding hard, but the tiny missions to kill whatever is called that infested boss are dumb, just dumb.

Sadly I missed the window to import my account from the PC to the PS4. Also, according to the my brother I probably have some rare mods that are not obtainable in the game.

Well, If one day Mr. Sony finds me in bed with his daughter, and I get banned from all Sony platforms, I have something to come back.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
The real hell is trying to find a remotely useable mapping for Vita Remote Play.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Lumpy posted:

Also, gently caress RNG. :bungie:

I've spent the last six months cracking endles radiant relics, trying to get the last components I needed for four separate Prime frames and weapons (Banshee, Zephyr, Valkyr, Tiberon.) This week all four of them dropped for me, in the space of a few days - plus I got Mesa's three components in three consecutive Mutalist assassinations at the first time of trying. The RNG is a bitch, but when she's eventually in a good mood she does deliver. :)

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Popping back into this game after a summer off. I see my Red Veil standing is approaching the 132000 limit of the top rank. When it hits that limit, is there any benefit, or should i keep it below that so i don't waste any?

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

barren_sky posted:

Popping back into this game after a summer off. I see my Red Veil standing is approaching the 132000 limit of the top rank. When it hits that limit, is there any benefit, or should i keep it below that so i don't waste any?

No benefit. Buy stuff you need / want as soon as you get over 125k.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Yeah, you’ll have to check the prices but there are some weapons you can trade for plat. Afaik the rakta dark dagger is sought after by people not leveling red veil.

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico
I had a productive weekend.

Forma'd my Mesa 3 times, my Kohm 4 times, and my Pyrana Prime twice. Unveiled 3 rivens, got 3 forma BPs and an orokin reactor BP. Two of the Rivens are junk, but the one for the Twin Rogga might be decent.

Got through the Sedna Junction and finished The War Within. The pipe organ Orokin principle challenge room wasn't easy, but I did it on my last possible jump into the ceiling.

Next up: continue going through the planets and figure out what is up with PoE.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

I’ve been flirting with trying this game out, but I wanted to see how it runs on Switch. If I make an account and play on the PS4, will it get locked like in Fortnite?

1-Up
Aug 8, 2007

No version has crossplay (or game info transfer). At Ps4 release there was temporarily a transfer from pc. Haven't seen any talk of transfer from pc to Switch yet.
Edit: how did I miss that, sounds great.

1-Up fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Aug 27, 2018

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

It was one of the first things they mentioned at Tennocon, that they were working on a limited time account transfer.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I just started a week ago, and... I'm having fun? Huh. I'm hella surprised I can get this from a F2P game. Anyway, I just finished the first quest chain, and I'm thinking I wanna join a clan, why not this one?

PSN: bman_in_2288

Edit: I only realize now that I forget to add "already my experience with pubbies is terrible, I would like to play with less dumb, and more cool people."

bman in 2288 fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Aug 29, 2018

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Technically a double post, but I figure that, since I've been failing to do so for a while now, how do I join the community? I don't know where to go, and Google Fu has not given me anything I think I can work with. Can someone at least point me in the right direction, I'm really lost.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

bman in 2288 posted:

Technically a double post, but I figure that, since I've been failing to do so for a while now, how do I join the community? I don't know where to go, and Google Fu has not given me anything I think I can work with. Can someone at least point me in the right direction, I'm really lost.

Communities Tab > Search > Warframe Goons > :psyduck: wearing Lotus' helmet (I think)

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
In-game, or on another website?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

bman in 2288 posted:

In-game, or on another website?

In the PS4 menu. It's the three square smiley faces with a circle underneath them.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Okay, I am a dumbass, and I can't find the menu you're talking about. The pause menu? Another menu? I'm having so much trouble finding this. I'm sorry, guys.

Edit: finally found it, I buried it somewhere and never looked back, apparently. This is all on me, and thanks for your help, guys.

bman in 2288 fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Sep 4, 2018

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I won’t be on for at least 10 hrs, we’ll see if the other clan invites you before I get back

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

How difficult would it be to get a clan invite? Pan is same username

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Got myself a Dread the day before yesterday, the pubbies killed the Stalker before I even saw him. :effort:
Can't wait to make a one-shot crit machine.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

numerrik posted:

How difficult would it be to get a clan invite? Pan is same username

As difficult as waiting for the end of my shift. I got a little overly aggressive culling inactives and have a few open slots.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

PS4 Revenant update is in cert! Additional points:

- game file size going from 48gb footprint to only 24gb!
- revenant,
- phantasma,
- tennogen round 13
- FRAME FIGHTER
- new operator amp parts,
- dojo 'natural' decorations,

No Pyrus project yet, but it will be in the next update.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

PS4 BARO (Strata Relay, Earth)

Sands of Inaros BP

Corrupted Bombard Specter BP
Ki'teer Fireworks
Mantis Prisma Skin

Ki'teer Atomos Mask (operator)
Ki'teer Diax Syandana

Eos Prime armour - either as individual pieces or as a set.

Prisma Dual Cleavers

Primed Target Cracker (+Crit Damage, Pistol)
Primed Slip Magazine (+Magazine Cap, Pistol)
Primed Heated Charge (+Heat Damage, Pistol)
Primed Quickdraw (+Reload Speed, Pistol)

Ki'teer Stencil (orbiter personal quarters stencil)

top picks:

Prisma Cleavers are, as always, good. Nice stats for a quick attacking hybrid 40 /40 build, or can build to a fairly decent crit / status only.

Primed Target Cracker is good, as is Heated Charge for Crit based secondaries.

Apart from that, get the armour I guess to dress your main up, but nothing else stands out hugely. Buy the stencil if your personal quarters look bland and you don't want to spend plat. Buy the cape if you feel you don't have enough capes in your life.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Oh poo poo Baro finally brought a Prisma for a ship a-- oh it's not Liset gently caress

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I picked up the Inaros quest from Baro, but realized I need to farm some more credits before I can pick up anything else. Didn't realize Prisma Cleavers were good, they look cool!

But I feel like I should get one of the pistol mods since I"m just starting out and I've been leaning heavily on Mesa. Of the four on offer, if I was to get one what would be the top choice? Reload speed or Crit Damage?

Or blow it all on the Prisma Cleavers since I don't have a better melee.... (and I'm in the middle of grinding Steel Meridian rep anyway)

Cinnamon Bear fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Sep 7, 2018

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I definitely want the mods for my new bow. I should be on after 9pm Eastern tonight if anyone needs a sidekick to help grind cash and ducats.
Oh wait, those are for pistols. Oh well, my Akmagnus could use those too.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Sep 8, 2018

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Cinnamon Bear posted:

But I feel like I should get one of the pistol mods since I"m just starting out and I've been leaning heavily on Mesa. Of the four on offer, if I was to get one what would be the top choice? Reload speed or Crit Damage?
I'd say check the mastery level on the cleavers. You might not even be able to buy them yet.

Target Cracker is probably the best pistol mod there, but I don't know if it's going to have as much of a huge effect as the cleavers.

If pushed, i'd say cleavers but i'm sure others might disagree.

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

All the legendary mods that Baro brings are more for vets with too much time/endo on their hands. Any prisma weapon is way more useful as either a good weapon or as mastery fodder before dumping ~2 million credits and 40,000 endo for a slightly better mod will ever be.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I did end up getting the Prisma Cleavers and have been really happy with them. I had a couple potatoes I had crafted sitting around and spent one on it to really make them shine.

Good to know about the legendary mods though, thanks.

Super Foul Egg
Oct 5, 2005
Don't take me for an ordinary man

Azzanadra posted:

All the legendary mods that Baro brings are more for vets with too much time/endo on their hands. Any prisma weapon is way more useful as either a good weapon or as mastery fodder before dumping ~2 million credits and 40,000 endo for a slightly better mod will ever be.

The concept of 'mastery fodder' for 500ish barobux is the absolute definition of vets with too much time on their hands, as anyone who hasn't been playing for at least a year will have a huge backlog of easy to build, standard issue mastery sources.

Also, a Primed mod that over time replaces one of the mandatory mods for a weapon class only grows in usefulness, while the Prisma weapon of your choice is either a daily driver (very useful overall!) or is inevitably warehoused in favour of something that catches your eye/gets lucky in the Riven pulls (zero use, sliding into negative if it's just taking up a weapon slot that you can't bring yourself to release)

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

The prism a dual cleavers have been my go to since I got it, I’m currently putting in Forma, I think this one having such high crit chance and status chance makes it real nice for grinding

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I’m looking forward to starting my download after work and not being able to play until tomorrow

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Not sure why they even bothered developing the Frame Fighter game past concept. What a waste of 50k Cephalon Bux. Has anyone tried the other two arcade games for sale?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

What is Frame Fighter?

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Mister Facetious posted:

What is Frame Fighter?

An in-game 2D fighter.

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
I bought some prime junk from a couple people today and one guy gave me all the pieces to Vauban Prime in a series of 4 trades. Plus the last piece I needed for Banshee Prime and 2 pieces of Nova Prime. He was in a giving mood.

Now, I just need 14 Nitain Extract.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Rubicon posted:

:(:respek::(

Need to trade for Limbo Prime Neuroptics, and then I'll have three primes in reserve for construction: Valkyr, Limbo, and Zephyr.

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

God drat I haven’t heard repelling bastille actually proc in YEARS. The change / buff is the best gently caress the haters :colbert:

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Rubicon posted:

I bought some prime junk from a couple people today and one guy gave me all the pieces to Vauban Prime in a series of 4 trades. Plus the last piece I needed for Banshee Prime and 2 pieces of Nova Prime. He was in a giving mood.

Early game trained me to run every Nitain alert no matter what. I have continued that despite not needing any for some time and now I have something like 70 of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005

Lumpy posted:

Early game trained me to run every Nitain alert no matter what. I have continued that despite not needing any for some time and now I have something like 70 of them.

I run them whenever I see them and managed to get 7 of them from the time of the last post. I have 0 left, cause I got the last piece for Valkyr Prime and decided to build her. I can't remember what I spent the last two on...

Does Nitain have any chance to drop during missions?

edit: Also, I noticed that Vaubhn prime needs 20 Nitain. That's gonna be a while.

Rubicon fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Sep 19, 2018