Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Honestly, the minute I originally heard about pocket edition I figured a large part of the intent behind it was as an eventual path to XV on switch.

Cattail Prophet fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Sep 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
The game trying to take itself seriously in that dumb chibi style is hilarious.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Frionnel posted:

The game trying to take itself seriously in that dumb chibi style is hilarious.

My noctis is dressed as a chocobo mariachi. The high drama while dressed as such makes the game sublime.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
It's almost literally the same as the FF4 DS style, and that game trying to take itself seriously with those chibi sprites is also hilarious.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Was anyone actually asking for this?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

When everything is so polygonal, does HD actually mean anything?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Isn’t the FF15 pocket actually more expensive overall than what the actual game now goes for?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Stop trying to make FEXV a thing

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

LadyPictureShow posted:

Isn’t the FF15 pocket actually more expensive overall than what the actual game now goes for?

Royal Edition is full priced but it gets discounts from time to time to like 20 or less.

The idea of someone playing Pocket Edition on PS4 instead of FFXV is :psyduck: to me

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What if I've already played FF15 and kinda want to try the chibi version

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

What if I've already played FF15 and kinda want to try the chibi version

The first chapter of the mobile version was free, maybe it's the same with the port?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Gologle posted:

It's almost literally the same as the FF4 DS style, and that game trying to take itself seriously with those chibi sprites is also hilarious.

Any final fantasy game trying to take itself seriously is hilarious

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

WaltherFeng posted:

Royal Edition is full priced but it gets discounts from time to time to like 20 or less.

The idea of someone playing Pocket Edition on PS4 instead of FFXV is :psyduck: to me

I got Royal Edition for like, $25 when we got a PS4 a few months ago.

If all you have is a Switch, I can see it, but otherwise LOL

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

fridge corn posted:

Final Fantasy V is the best Final Fantasy. Accept no substitutes. :colbert:

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

fridge corn posted:

Whats so funny about a redeemed paladin fighting his twin moon brother, but only until he found out his twin was being controlled by moon satan?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Folt The Bolt posted:

I can get behind this

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Alec Eiffel posted:

Just beat the Soul Shrine in FFVI and I wanted to upload my save to the Cloud. I downloaded instead a save from the World of Balance. :tif:

One hell of a speedrun strat :v:

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Heyooo, finally hit the X-2 credits :dance: (well, ending playing right now). I slowed down a lot towards the end, got thwomped by one of the last boss phases and didn't load the game back up for a bit, did some grinding, got around to loading it back up tonight probably weeks later and finished it out. Did the grinding cause again on this one I did almost no sidequesting, missed getting Dark Knight which I guess is good and missed Paine's limit break whatever you call it, and had garbage accessories. All in all found it a pretty groovy game.

RIP ending graphics bugged out lol

Sorry 9, recently made a third attempt to get through it and just couldn't bring myself to keep trying to care after making it to the part where the dude kidnaps your crew and you go to some desert. Next on deck, third attempt (since it came out) to play through 8.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Folt The Bolt posted:

The best Final Fantasy is actually Legend of Mana

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

corn in the bible posted:

The best Final Fantasy is actually Chrono Trigger

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

teh_Broseph posted:

Sorry 9, recently made a third attempt to get through it and just couldn't bring myself to keep trying to care after making it to the part where the dude kidnaps your crew and you go to some desert. Next on deck, third attempt (since it came out) to play through 8.

idk why this part is such a chore to play. I'll finish FF9 one day.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
it's a chore because it's a puzzle dungeon with random encounters. that always sucks, because you usually need to experiment with various alignments to understand how the puzzle works, but you keep losing your train of thought because you have to fight poo poo.

star ocean 2, of all kusoge, is the one jrpg with random encounters i've ever seen have puzzle rooms where the encounter rate is set to 0. granted, the only puzzle rooms in the entire game are in the final dungeon

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Don't let the most momentous news of the year pass you by: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (the first one) is getting remastered for ps4 and switch
https://twitter.com/FinalFantasy/status/1039106212145586176
I can't believe how long this took to happen but also yesss this game owns and now it has online

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Amppelix posted:

Don't let the most momentous news of the year pass you by: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (the first one) is getting remastered for ps4 and switch
https://twitter.com/FinalFantasy/status/1039106212145586176
I can't believe how long this took to happen but also yesss this game owns and now it has online

I... don't remember if this game is actually good. And we played the poo poo out of it at release during sleepovers with all the link cables and everything. Like I can't imagine in 2018 it's still an exciting game

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I think it's pretty drat good, although I wouldn't really call it exciting. It's a very ponderous game, with some really good writing and worldbuilding.

Which, yes, does conflict more than a bit with it also being a somewhat gauntlet-like 4 player action rpg. Gonna need a pretty specific group of people if you want to appreciate the story and gameplay at the same time.

I just love everything about the game's aesthetics, and it's a passable single player experience, so the former carries my enjoyment even when not multiplaying.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Is that the one with the stupid loving bucket? Because gently caress that game.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I've always wanted to play this game to see what all the hubbub was about, but the Gamecube GBA stuff made it unfeasible. Good choice for a remaster, IMO.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Amppelix posted:

I think it's pretty drat good, although I wouldn't really call it exciting. It's a very ponderous game, with some really good writing and worldbuilding.

Which, yes, does conflict more than a bit with it also being a somewhat gauntlet-like 4 player action rpg. Gonna need a pretty specific group of people if you want to appreciate the story and gameplay at the same time.

I just love everything about the game's aesthetics, and it's a passable single player experience, so the former carries my enjoyment even when not multiplaying.

Is it feasible to play with just two players?

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
I absolutely loved the poo poo out of CC and the trailer basically confirms online play which is fantastic.

Amppelix posted:

Pretty much this. The gameplay has some okay enough ideas so it's not a completely barebones experience when you do single player stuff, but it's the look/music/world that's so fun in this game when you're by yourself. Online should let people experience more of the multiplayer now anyways (and at much easier convenience).

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

fridge corn posted:

Is it feasible to play with just two players?

Yeah, it's not too hard it anything, and two players can do all of the stuff you'd want to do. The only problem is that one of you will be carrying the chalice at all times. That mechanic really gets in the way with only two players, since you'll pretty much be putting it down and picking it up in every single fight. If you've got more players one can be dedicated to keeping the chalice more easily.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Amppelix posted:

Yeah, it's not too hard it anything, and two players can do all of the stuff you'd want to do. The only problem is that one of you will be carrying the chalice at all times. That mechanic really gets in the way with only two players, since you'll pretty much be putting it down and picking it up in every single fight. If you've got more players one can be dedicated to keeping the chalice more easily.

Sounds like a good way to play "who is the least liked member of our social group?". :v:

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Unless you're an rear end in a top hat, you'll dedicate people to that job solely for the duration of a battle, which is what i meant.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
My brother bought CC for me for Christmas, not knowing you needed GBAs to play multiplayer. It was a crushing disappointment for both of us since we just wanted something to capture Secret of Mana :smith:

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I... don't remember if this game is actually good. And we played the poo poo out of it at release during sleepovers with all the link cables and everything. Like I can't imagine in 2018 it's still an exciting game

Wasn't this the one where one person has to carry the thing to protect the party? If so I remember it not being that fun.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Amppelix posted:

Hmmm, was thinking this might be a good game to play with the gf (not a gamer). We've started going through the secret of mana remake together and she's enjoying it so far but idk how long it will hold her attention.

Sounds like I'd definitely be the one on chalice duty lol 😁 😁 😁

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017
gently caress yeah! hopefully they have a solution to one person being the bucket bitch availible. "Maybe the moogle follows a designated player in MP or something.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

lobster22221 posted:

gently caress yeah! hopefully they have a solution to one person being the bucket bitch availible. "Maybe the moogle follows a designated player in MP or something.

Part of the reason the moogle wasn't in multiplayer was the gba didn't have enough buttons to spare for the controls to call the moogle. Hopefully they add in moogle support for at least 2 player mode.

The art style has aged really well.

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

Ohtsam posted:

Part of the reason the moogle wasn't in multiplayer was the gba didn't have enough buttons to spare for the controls to call the moogle. Hopefully they add in moogle support for at least 2 player mode.

The art style has aged really well.

The lp of it here was fun and definitely showed that it still looks good. I'm glad they are re releasing this one though. No link cables needed.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

lobster22221 posted:

even if they did, the moogle actually gets tired and complains and makes you carry the bucket anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

The White Dragon posted:

even if they did, the moogle actually gets tired and complains and makes you carry the bucket anyway

Yeah, there are ways to make that happen less, but hopefully they change that too. And carrying it some of the time is better than carrying it all the time.