Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Maneck posted:

It's very unfortunate you did that. It might contribute to a perception that CCP does what GSF tells them. Much needless upset may have resulted.

actually, that's funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Blast of Confetti posted:

actually, that's funny

:thejoke:

Pubbies were colicky about how the CSM obviously convinced CCP to ban GigX again, because the timing of the ban coincided with the CSM summit. Well, sort of. The ban happened before the summit started, but it was only separated by a day or two.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Dumb outsider question, curious what the IRL origin stories of the current major alliances are besides GSF (SA) and Test (reddit)

Do any other major alliances or coalitions have origin forums or sites or did most of the affiliations happen in-game / more spontaneously?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

^^^^

Up until recently half of PL was also SA :laugh:

Maneck posted:

It's very unfortunate you did that. It might contribute to a perception that CCP does what GSF tells them. Much needless upset may have resulted.

The gently caress do you mean "needless"?

CainFortea fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Sep 10, 2018

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Yes! It all makes sense! We may be freaks, but we're freaks with teeth, and claws, and magic wands! And together, we can stand up to Farquaad!

quote:

DOMINUS-ET-DEUS PRAETORIAN, on 09 Sept 2018 - 7:42 PM, said:
Alright, I'm accepting of the Eve Vegas and other get together message pings that come though the Pidgin system, but this thing just a few minutes ago angers me:

(4:04:58 PM) directorbot: On a more personal note, we all know that 9/11 is coming up, and that's a deeply traumatic time for a lot of us who lost loved ones or have served in conflicts around the world. Around November of last year, I started seeing a therapist who has helped me tremendously with my issues, and he's taking new clients for online sessions. I highly recommend seeing a mental health professional, regardless of who, as it seems almost impossible at times to grapple with poo poo on your own. But if you'd like a recommendation for a therapist, this guy has done wonders for me and I can't speak highly enough of him: https://awentherapy.com/about-me/

~~~ This was a broadcast from the_mittani to opt-all at 2018-09-09 23:05:01.465774 EVE ~~~

Well intentioned though it may be, Pidgin should not be used to advertise for a therapist that is why we have the in-game email system.

Besides this there was another ping about a week for what turned out to be a pointless, fake survey where one of the responses was something like "did you really ping this stupid thing?"

The more I think about this guy's post I'm just convinced he is the ubertroll. Bastion account, latin name, waits until Mittens pings about mental health and then quotes it and says that's what evemail is for. In AAD. It's the 195 proof grain alcohol of posts that would anger goons. It's so perfectly distilled that I can't help suspect that some mondo-genius has been waiting for his moment to strike for so long and he finally saw his moment and seized it.

But then...

He didn't sign his post. Like I said, 195 proof. But still not perfect. I refuse to believe that someone could make something so perfect intentionally and not sign his name as the final touch on his masterpiece. Which brings me back to that this is just some random monkey typing and out came almost-Shakespeare.

Either way, I know I'll be thinking about it for a long time.

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Yes! It all makes sense! We may be freaks, but we're freaks with teeth, and claws, and magic wands! And together, we can stand up to Farquaad!
But then I think about when I used to cheat on tests at school. I would intentionally throw in a few mistakes. It added verisimilitude. He's signed his name on his other posts, yet he doesn't do it here? What if he's smarter than me? He knew signing the name would make it too perfect, like the humans who rejected the perfect Matrix I would have seen his masterpiece and said "such a thing cannot exist by chance". So he left one detail wrong. Just enough to make me believe it could he legitimate. There was no greater intelligence behind it, that it was just the perfect post of a perfect fool.

And he almost had me. He was so close. But I reject this reality. By not making it perfect you exposed how perfect you actually are. I won't sleep tonight knowing you're out there, you're posting, and you have a plan.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015
Haunting

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

vulvamancer posted:

DOMINUS-ET-DEUS PRAETORIAN

jp;u djoy

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

vulvamancer posted:

I won't sleep tonight knowing you're out there, you're posting, and you have a plan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3SBkgZtvXc

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

vulvamancer posted:

But then I think about when I used to cheat on tests at school. I would intentionally throw in a few mistakes. It added verisimilitude. He's signed his name on his other posts, yet he doesn't do it here? What if he's smarter than me? He knew signing the name would make it too perfect, like the humans who rejected the perfect Matrix I would have seen his masterpiece and said "such a thing cannot exist by chance". So he left one detail wrong. Just enough to make me believe it could he legitimate. There was no greater intelligence behind it, that it was just the perfect post of a perfect fool.

And he almost had me. He was so close. But I reject this reality. By not making it perfect you exposed how perfect you actually are. I won't sleep tonight knowing you're out there, you're posting, and you have a plan.

I don't give a drat about Mittens therapist, but your pusher's number would be mmmfuckyeah :okpos:

fake edit: WAT???

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
I prefer this version tbh:

Alright, I'm accepting of the posts made by DOMINUS-ET-DEUS PRAETORIAN and other posts that come though the Goonfleet.com forums, but this thing just a few minutes ago angers me:

(6:42:58 PM) DOMINUS-ET-DEUS PRAETORIAN: On a more personal note, we all know that my commisarring is coming up, and that's a deeply traumatic time for a lot of me who lost membership in the GSF. Around September of this year, I started seeing NPC corpchat which has helped me tremendously with my issues, and they are taking new pilots for online sessions. I highly recommend seeing highsec local, regardless of where, as it seems almost impossible at times to grapple with poo poo on your own. But if you'd like a recommendation for an NPC corp, Jita local has done wonders for me and I can't speak highly enough of them: https://amistillhere.com/about-me/

~~~ This was a broadcast from DOMINUS-ET-DEUS PRAETORIAN to opt-all at 2018-09-09 18:42:01.465774 EVE ~~~

Well intentioned though it may be, Goonfleet.com forums should not be used to advertise for an NPC corp that is why we have the in-game email system.

Besides this there was another post about a week for what turned out to be a pointless, fake survey where one of the responses was something like "do you have stairs in your house?"

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Has Mittens been ok lately? :ohdear: Because, granted, last time I talked to him on any kind of regular basis he was still married but I wouldn't have expected him to seriouspost anything like that (or be particularly affected by 9/11).

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

feedmegin posted:

Has Mittens been ok lately? :ohdear: Because, granted, last time I talked to him on any kind of regular basis he was still married but I wouldn't have expected him to seriouspost anything like that (or be particularly affected by 9/11).

9/11 is when Vile Rat died. Dude took it pretty hard. Different 9/11 than tribute.avi.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

9/11 is when Vile Rat died. Dude took it pretty hard. Different 9/11 than tribute.avi.

I don't know why, but it never dawned on me that both events happened on the same date. I feel pretty dumb

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I knew it was fake when it said that Sothrasil was sky marshal.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

CommonShore posted:

Knew it, but still knew it would worm its way into my nightmares

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

ChickenWing posted:

Knew it, but still knew it would worm its way into my nightmares

I'm trying to imagine it now. Seboed cap fleets camping the gates into Delve! Special black ops battleship fleets camping jump bridges in Providence! Bombers! Bombers everywhere! :black101:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you forgot bait cynobals

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

CommonShore posted:

I'm trying to imagine it now. Seboed cap fleets camping the gates into Delve! Special black ops battleship fleets camping jump bridges in Providence! Bombers! Bombers everywhere! :black101:

what's the supercap version of diverting your hellcamp fleet to go chase something strategically irrelevant and having the entire enemy supercap fleet escape because of it, extending the war by N months?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

ChickenWing posted:

what's the supercap version of diverting your hellcamp fleet to go chase something strategically irrelevant and having the entire enemy supercap fleet escape because of it, extending the war by N months?

PL attacking Provi.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

:eyepop:

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

CommonShore posted:

You shut your whore mouth!

:q:

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb
pls blow up more keepstars

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

The Hambulance posted:

You shut your whore mouth!

:q:

I probably will because I don't have time to play video games anymore but I figured I'd drop in and say hi

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast

Dalael posted:

DOMINUS-ET-DEUS PRAETORIAN

Who the gently caress is this guy and why was he even allowed to jabber magic ? It is the cringiest poo poo since the incursion drama bomb.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

yogizh posted:

Who the gently caress is this guy and why was he even allowed to jabber magic ? It is the cringiest poo poo since the incursion drama bomb.

that's me

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015

Huh ? Really ?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

yogizh posted:

Huh ? Really ?

:grin:

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Reported for having multiple goonfleet.com accounts. :argh:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

spot the botters

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

those drat delve residents :bahgawd:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Where do the Blood Raiders get all of these ships from? You would think they would run out after a while.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Stop doxxing me

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Haven't done much for those Delve stats in August.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I want to see that same chart but re-colored with Delve removed.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Considering how empty most of EVE feels whenever i fly around, i'm genuinely surprised by some of these numbers.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

That is a problem I've noticed, even though Delve is apparently a bustling economic chart-topper in like every category, the place still feels deserted when I fly around. We produce something absurd like a full 35% of the galaxy's mineral wealth in just this tiny corner of the game, don't we? That should feel more... I dunno, impactful? I know the game's really about getting in spaceship fights with your internet gang, but outside of battles the general atmosphere is just so empty.

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Sep 10, 2018

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Crazycryodude posted:

That is a problem I've noticed, even though Delve is apparently a bustling economic chart-topper in like every category, the place still feels deserted when I fly around. We produce something absurd like a full 35% of the galaxy's mineral wealth in just this tiny corner of the game, don't we? That should feel more... I dunno, impactful? I know the game's really about getting in spaceship fights with your internet gang, but outside of battles the general atmosphere is just so empty.

Part of the reason we can pull such big numbers is because we take great pains to extinguish anyone who comes to our space with overwhelming force. People who come to Delve to fight generally tool for escape before anything else.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Part of the reason we can pull such big numbers is because we take great pains to extinguish anyone who comes to our space with overwhelming force. People who come to Delve to fight generally tool for escape before anything else.

delve is safer for big things (supers, rorqs) than small things it seems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Landsknecht posted:

delve is safer for big things (supers, rorqs) than small things it seems

Easily. Big things have enough buffer to survive having their space boats violenced for long enough for help to teleport to the scene via cyno. Little things just evaporate, or can't spare the fitting for the cyno in the first place.