Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

As ridiculous as this sounds with the game he just had, Adrian Peterson is splitting time and James Conner is not.

Chris Thompson on the Redskins had a better game in PPR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I'd like to take a moment here to talk about the magic of starting Thomas and Brown in 1 PPR.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
very cool that the ghost of Brandon Marshall outscored literally every player I started this week in my main league. Is Phillip Lindsay worth the #1 overall waiver claim? It resets weekly (which is stupid) so I have no problem using it

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'd like to take a moment to blame everyone who told me to drop John Conner and Chris Carson off my dynasty team a few weeks ago because they would have no value whatsoever.

You are all to blame, not me. I am in no way responsible for my actions.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Poque posted:

very cool that the ghost of Brandon Marshall outscored literally every player I started this week in my main league. Is Phillip Lindsay worth the #1 overall waiver claim? It resets weekly (which is stupid) so I have no problem using it

He had a great pre-season and has as good a chance as any of creating distance between himself and Royce.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I'm going to target ekeler, Lindsay, and Yeldon.

Probably not Javorius Allen.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Would Dorsett, Allison, or Snead be a better stash than Calvin Ridley?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

pubic works project posted:

Would Dorsett, Allison, or Snead be a better stash than Calvin Ridley?

I think Allison would be for sure. Not much use for a supposed WR3 who gets equal targets as the RB2. I don't think Julio will continue to get 19 targets a game, but I doubt many of those are going to go to Ridley at this point.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Poque posted:

I think Allison would be for sure. Not much use for a supposed WR3 who gets equal targets as the RB2. I don't think Julio will continue to get 19 targets a game, but I doubt many of those are going to go to Ridley at this point.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. It's a 14 team re-draft league so I went deep on the Ridley pick. Only got him for a $1 too. I think I'll snatch Allison over the other two since I own Edelman and Crabtree already.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Raise your hand if you own Jaylen Samuels.

So we can laugh at you.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

RCarr posted:

So we can laugh at you.

I own him in 2 leagues, though they both have 22 man rosters. I'm going to hold him, I think.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

RCarr posted:

So we can laugh at you.

From the sit/start thread:

RCarr posted:

Pick one, 0.5 ppr

Greg Olsen vs Dallas
Tyler Eifert @ Indy
Jaylen Samuels @ Cleveland

:thunk:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Gobias Ind. posted:

bwahahahahahahahaha

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Gobias Ind. posted:

This is my favorite post in the thread

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I don’t own him though? Unless asking about someone means I own him now. If I had picked him up I would gladly laugh at myself.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Kittle had 5 receptions for 90 yards. He's my top waiver add. I probably won't get him.

Remember when I was contemplating getting Kittle and you poo-poo'ed me?? WHY BEER GOD WHY

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Well it's definitely fantasy season, I got smoked by 60 points in two games thanks to hill and kamara

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

RCarr posted:

I don’t own him though? Unless asking about someone means I own him now. If I had picked him up I would gladly laugh at myself.

You should still laugh at yourself for even entertaining the idea of starting him.

Also probably worth indicating in the sit/start thread that you would have to drop someone in order to start a guy you've listed. That weighs into the decision.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

ShaneB posted:

Remember when I was contemplating getting Kittle and you poo-poo'ed me?? WHY BEER GOD WHY

Because I'm a fraud.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

You should still laugh at yourself for even entertaining the idea of starting him.

Also probably worth indicating in the sit/start thread that you would have to drop someone in order to start a guy you've listed. That weighs into the decision.

I had an open roster spot, friendo. And I’m fine with laughing at myself for considering it. I’ll just laugh harder at the people who actually did it. :)

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
I'm going to burn everyone's house down ITT who said to grab RSJ because Kittle was playing Minny....

I forgot how much I hate fantasy football.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

RCarr posted:

I had an open roster spot, friendo. And I’m fine with laughing at myself for considering it. I’ll just laugh harder at the people who actually did it. :)

Well now I'm going to laugh at you for not immediately filling an empty roster slot!

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Alfalfa posted:

I'm going to burn everyone's house down ITT who said to grab RSJ because Kittle was playing Minny....

I forgot how much I hate fantasy football.

I played ASJ over Kittle for this exact reason and WELP.

I hate Tight Ends.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
I just picked up Luke Willson due to Olsen's injury. I, too, hate tight ends.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
So it looks like Chris Thompson is continuing off where he left off and is a must start in ppr until otherwise?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

Well now I'm going to laugh at you for not immediately filling an empty roster slot!

I traded a player away for a 2019 pick just before I posted that question. :agesilaus:

I can do this all day.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Took Kelce in 2 leagues because I couldn't get Gronk. Rip.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm sorry you got probably the best tight end in the league who is going to blow the hell up when teams freak out trying to gameplan for Tyreek Hill.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Think I have this one in the bag (I'm left, obviously). This is 10-man PPR and also 1 point per completion for QBs.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

God drat that's a stupid scoring setting.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

kiimo posted:

I'm sorry you got probably the best tight end in the league who is going to blow the hell up when teams freak out trying to gameplan for Tyreek Hill.

I'm happy owning Reek and Gronk though.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Ytf did I start Gio Bernard

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

pubic works project posted:

I'm happy owning Reek and Gronk though.

I owned Tyreek since his rookie year because we get return yardage points. This is the first time I haven't owned him in any league. I feel like one of those Green Day fans who owned their first two albums before Dookie went 5X platinum.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

kiimo posted:

Yeah, like, I'm not thrilled Kelce gave me nothing this week, but I can sit tight.

I'm more sad that I went up against a team with Conner, Brees, and Barkley. So Kelce doing well wouldn't have helped me much anyway.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

RCarr posted:

God drat that's a stupid scoring setting.

Very much so. It's a shame that we can't flex a QB though. Luck got me a solid 59 points for my bench.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, like, I'm not thrilled Kelce gave me nothing this week, but I can sit tight.

I'm more sad that I went up against a team with Conner, Brees, and Barkley. So Kelce doing well wouldn't have helped me much anyway.

I got beat 162-89 so while I want to blame Le'Veon Bell I feel like maybe I should take a long look in the mirror first.

And replace Cam.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

kiimo posted:

I got beat 162-89 so while I want to blame Le'Veon Bell I feel like maybe I should take a long look in the mirror first.

And replace Cam.

Cam was decent this week though?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

VietCampo posted:

So it looks like Chris Thompson is continuing off where he left off and is a must start in ppr until otherwise?

Nope. Chris Thompson won't be himself until November and is a 100% avoid.

I think that was the message delivered over and over again in this thread every time I tried to recommend him.

I still got my shares though :smug:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
https://twitter.com/seleneparekhmd/status/1038866383780696065

Huh.

Alfalfa posted:

Nope. Chris Thompson won't be himself until November and is a 100% avoid.

I think that was the message delivered over and over again in this thread every time I tried to recommend him.

I still got my shares though :smug:

He literally said it himself, so it's not exactly an unreasonable take. That said I'm super excited for him, and even if I don't have him on any teams I hope he does great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

RisqueBarber posted:

Cam was decent this week though?

He had 18 and Jared Goff is on the waiver wire. Maybe I just need to pickup Goff as insurance.

What I didn't see was the Norv Turner influence I was hoping for.