Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

It's honestly exhausting how politicized even mindless consumer entertainment products have become. Like having a negative opinion of The Last Jedi puts you in concert with a bunch of MAGA chuds who rant for 20 minutes about Laura Dern's purple hair killing their childhood heroes, or thinking the horny character designs in Soul Calibur are kind of juvenile and gross makes you some kind of SJW cuck. It's all so loving stupid and none of it really matters. It's like people have fallen so far away from the processes to enact social change and have been so thoroughly owned by the psychopathic ultrabillionaires who run the world that the only thing we have left to get mad about is pick each other apart for which fast food chain most aligns with our moral standards. Sonic was right, there is no ethical consumption under capitalism, and I'll take the roast beef combo.

If you just skip twitter you can ignore 99% of that garbage though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

we're out of the roast beef combo

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Accordion Man posted:

I kind of want a game where you have a Lara/Nathan Drake analogue just be the main villain.

Isn't that Uncharted 3

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
No matter what economic paradigm is at play, people will argue one way or another over these things because some of them are important. The industry of fanning and monetizing that rage is another story, however.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Andrast posted:

If you just skip twitter you can ignore 99% of that garbage though

YouTube is so much worse.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Just use youtube for cooking videos and video game music. Steer well clear of any opinion stuff.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

exquisite tea posted:

It's honestly exhausting how politicized even mindless consumer entertainment products have become. Like having a negative opinion of The Last Jedi puts you in concert with a bunch of MAGA chuds who rant for 20 minutes about Laura Dern's purple hair killing their childhood heroes, or thinking the horny character designs in Soul Calibur are kind of juvenile and gross makes you some kind of SJW cuck. It's all so loving stupid and none of it really matters. It's like people have fallen so far away from the processes to enact social change and have been so thoroughly owned by the psychopathic ultrabillionaires who run the world that the only thing we have left to get mad about is pick each other apart for which fast food chain most aligns with our moral standards. Sonic was right, there is no ethical consumption under capitalism, and I'll take the roast beef combo.

Sir, this is an Arby's drive--- ah-- very good.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

bloodychill posted:

YouTube is so much worse.

don't watch that garbage?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

goferchan posted:

lol

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
My dream is to win an Emmy for a watchmojo script.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i'm lucky with a lot of this stuff because i'm a luddite still living in 2003 where this internet forum is practically my only form of social media. i don't have a facebook, i don't watch streamers, and with one exception i don't watch youtube channels. i do have a twitter but fortunately it doesn't dominate my life.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

goferchan posted:

lol

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
One time I was watching a watchmojo about famous real life ghosts and I got really angry because Resurrection Mary wasn't on it. Like, that name itself may not be a household name, but if you are going to a do a video about the 10 most famous ghosts you need to put in a Vanishing Hitchhiker and Resurrection Mary is the most famous one.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I only ever watch TED Talks on the Proper Way to Dry Your Hands, and 3 second clips of Jim Sterling with no context.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cowcaster posted:

i'm lucky with a lot of this stuff because i'm a luddite still living in 2003 where this internet forum is practically my only form of social media. i don't have a facebook, i don't watch streamers, and with one exception i don't watch youtube channels. i do have a twitter but fortunately it doesn't dominate my life.

I watch youtube but otherwise yah

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FMBSblpcrc

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

chumbler posted:

Just use youtube for cooking videos and video game music. Steer well clear of any opinion stuff.

i can't imagine using youtube for anything besides video game music

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i deleted my facebook a few months ago and it felt liberating after grad school practically forced me to start using it again

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

ironically i've been considering finally getting a facebook these days because more and more real friends that i'm making use it for coordinating/communicating anything and everything so i'm consistently left out of the loop on stuff

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Knew what this was going to be, wasn't disappointed

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Isn't that Uncharted 3

Really every Uncharted except the first one has some kind of Shadow Nathan Drake as a villain, even if they're not always the main one. You've got Harry Flynn in 2 (does what Nate does, but in the service of a murderous warmonger), Talbot in 3 (who also sort of works for Shadow Sully), and Rafe in 4.

Actually Uncharted 4 kind of has both Rafe and Sam serving as Dark Nates for various reasons. Sam is obviously more similar to Nate himself, but Rafe is basically "what if Nate, but more money and less conscience." All three of them share a trait of being utterly and completely unable to give up on an obviously stupid goal even as everything goes to poo poo and it gets tons of people killed, too.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Last night I finished a new play through of Night in the Woods. I am obsessed with the characters, art, story, gameplay, and soundtrack. The game is so cute, but also dark, and really hits close to home at points. One of my favorite adventure games of all time.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Cowcaster posted:

ironically i've been considering finally getting a facebook these days because more and more real friends that i'm making use it for coordinating/communicating anything and everything so i'm consistently left out of the loop on stuff

I use it for talking with and sharing photos with friends and family. For that, it’s fine. I just don’t add racist uncles and chuddy friends and it works fine.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Looper posted:

I use Youtube for video game music, movie trailers, and video game walkthroughs. Not much else. The site is a cesspool of nobodies attacking each other, and top 10 lists.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Social media sorting conversations by people instead of by topic is baffling to me and a large part of why I use these dead forums instead

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i watch new television shows entirely via 2-3 minute highlights clips on youtube

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

I said come in! posted:

I use Youtube for video game music, movie trailers, and video game walkthroughs. Not much else. The site is a cesspool of nobodies attacking each other, and top 10 lists.

Like with other social media, I use it just for the channels I follow and stuff that friends recommend and avoid all else. However, it becomes quite clear if you start looking around that as a content platform, it's the most effective place for sharing videos aimed at radicalizing regressives and young people and Google currently has no intent to tamp down on it. Combined with the fact that many parents use it to babysit their children like parents used television in the 80's and 90's, I find it to be a platform in desperate need of reform.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

Having friends was your first mistake.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

chumbler posted:

Having friends was your first mistake.

to be fair i’ve tried to avoid this outcome by being an extremely repulsive individual physically, emotionally, and mentally but people keep liking me for some reason

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Cowcaster posted:

to be fair i’ve tried to avoid this outcome by being an extremely repulsive individual physically, emotionally, and mentally but people keep liking me for some reason

Wow pretty much the same for me but actually the exact opposite for everything except for the last 8 words.

im hot and smart

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Looper posted:

speaking of videogame music you know what OST owned, Sonic Blastman 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rABJ-dUSBds

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

naoto is much better than chie

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Snooze Cruise posted:

Wow pretty much the same for me but actually the exact opposite for everything except for the last 8 words.

im hot and smart

You cannot be hot AND smart, there's not enough points at character creation

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Relax Or DIE posted:

Heh take the crippling anxiety drawback to free up some points.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Relax Or DIE posted:

Sure you can, you just end up weak and extremely unlucky.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i'm running a gimmick build where you take min stats in everything

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Rarity posted:

Knew what this was going to be, wasn't disappointed

I was hoping it'd be the Old Sky Man scream from the Big Enough music video.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

LawfulWaffle posted:

I was hoping it'd be the Old Sky Man scream from the Big Enough music video.

i don't have audio at work so i legitimately assumed this was what it was

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Cowcaster posted:

i'm running a gimmick build where you take min stats in everything

EXCEPT WEIGHT

BOOM

NO SURVIVORS

(obviously this is a joke and I do not know Forum User Cowcaster)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

no, weight too. i'm basically a chihuahua-human hybrid

• Locked thread