Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

mods changed my name posted:

Probably feeling more remorseful about losing his job than actually killing someone

Probably not, buddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

You ever coming back to discord you old gently caress

Are you the right SpongeBob because if not sorry

Yes, my gaming rig is still in the movers box. Getting a nice desk and chair next weekend, setting things up, then I'll come play terrible games with broken minded goons.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Handsome Ralph posted:

That reminds me, D&D was circular fire squading itself a month or two ago about how only white people owned flashlights and it was a classist thing or some other bullshit.*

I have got to see this, btw

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Godholio posted:

Probably not, buddy.

Oh then I look forward to his guilty plea

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Oh then I look forward to his guilty plea

On a scale of walnuts to seawater, how high are you right now?

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Do you have to be high to think that someone wracked and plagued by the guilt of a murder probably wouldn't fight tooth and nail to avoid any personal discomfort for their actions, or that they would they hide behind some thin blue line poo poo?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
DC is already doing evacuation drills for the upcoming storm.

https://twitter.com/nbcwashington/status/1038936380704010240?s=19

NY Pizza Rat's cousin.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Like all you can do is accuse me of being high, lol. That's the only way you think you can score points on me?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Like all you can do is accuse me of being high, lol. That's the only way you think you can score points on me?

Are you?

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Not at all.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

CommieGIR posted:

And thanks to global warming, can now more easily spawn their own hell funnels! :getin:

Read funnels as furries and maybe, just maybe, that says something about me

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Milo and POTUS posted:

Read funnels as furries and maybe, just maybe, that says something about me

:hmmyes:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

All I want to do is retire near water before I’m half in the grave. But trying to forecast where the edge of the water and death zone will be is a real pain.

Nick Soapdish posted:

Friend, have you heard the good news called the Great Lakes? Sure it is a cold hellscape for half the year but, the other half is pleasant.

I live 10 minutes away from a (very small) national park that has a 4 mile trail loop that goes go the beach and I'm an hour of travel to downtown chicago

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Nick Soapdish posted:

Friend, have you heard the good news called the Great Lakes? Sure it is a cold hellscape for half the year but, the other half is pleasant.

That is one of our contingency plans, and we have family in Michigan and friends in Chicago and the twin cities.

But that ocean, man.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

That is one of our contingency plans, and we have family in Michigan and friends in Chicago and the twin cities.

But that ocean, man.

They can follow you...

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

psydude posted:

I've been in Scotland for vacation and my phone has been getting nonstop flood warnings for where I live in MD since I left.

This has been my last 2 days

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Yes, it's very provocative.

But is it art?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Do you have to be high to think that someone wracked and plagued by the guilt of a murder probably wouldn't fight tooth and nail to avoid any personal discomfort for their actions, or that they would they hide behind some thin blue line poo poo?

No, I think you have to be high to think that he'd plead guilty for that reason. Life in prison vs "any personal discomfort"...like...what the hell.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah, I could be feeling like absolute guilty garbage but if I was a cop facing serious jail I'd be more concerned about ending up with my rear end feeling like it was filled with dicks and knives for years. Or a few days until my untimely demise.

However I would be very inclined to feel that a deal was appropriate for my serious gently caress up that killed a guy but I'd still like to avoid my torture and probable death.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Yeah we already send way to many people to prison and its a terrible place. Trying not to go to prison is pretty much the same whether you're an innocent black man who can't make bail or a rich white guilty dude. poo poo sucks. Worse that the in most cases the guilty white dude walks.

but also Abolish for profit prisons. Abolish the war on drugs. Abolish ice. Gut/Abolish and rebuild most police departments.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Godholio posted:

No, I think you have to be high to think that he'd plead guilty for that reason. Life in prison vs "any personal discomfort"...like...what the hell.

Here ghole, I owed you a better response than snark so I took a little time and made an effort post in word and copied it here from word, so forgive weird formatting errors:

My point is, when it’s a crime by someone whom is not a cop, you get so many of the law and order types crying for blood, that they’re wasting taxpayer dollars by being in jail and not dead, and so on. Yet, when a cop murders someone they resort to the victim blaming and such, he was no angel, pulling pictures from their social media to totally show they’re a bad dude (and to be fair, I haven’t seen that particularly happen with this case, in this thread, but how far would I need to look down comments on an article about it to find some?). But, strangely enough, when a cop does something bad and we need to extend them the benefit of doubt, god bless them, they try but sometimes they mess up. Like, when you see that kind of constant hypocrisy by the Thin Blue Line types, it gets really loving tiresome and you turn it back on them just a little and you’re obviously a deviant and dismissed because sometimes you smoke weed. It’s totally loving retarded, and at the end all the law & order dudes are holding cops at a lower standard than the actual criminals, because they’re under a lot of “stress” and such, we should hear their side of the story blah blah blah.

Like, I’m not so terminally stoned or retarded that I don’t understand due process or why someone who may feel personal guilt would enter a non-guilty plea. I just don’t get why I’m supposed to extend this guy a benefit of the doubt? Because he’s used to be a goon? Because he is a cop? I’m sorry but none of those are compelling reasons unless you believe police are inherently better than their fellow man or somehow infallible and that’s just silly. It’s just a loving job. This whole “it’s a lifestyle and a sacrifice” bullshit isn’t any different than the “thank you for your service” poo poo people say about being in the military and we all know that’s a farce, unless you’re some sort of weird Kool-Aid drinker, and hell, the police standards for joining and conduct are a hell of a lot lower than even the lowly US Army, soo, yeah.
I just guess in the end if Martello had given the dude the benefit of the doubt that I’m expected to give him then we wouldn’t even be having this conversation.

And yes, this was a post written on weed since that apparently matters

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Thanks for the nice PMs guys. SC governor is on TV and ordered the evacuation, talked to Mom and she's leaving.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Here ghole, I owed you a better response than snark so I took a little time and made an effort post in word and copied it here from word, so forgive weird formatting errors:

My point is, when it’s a crime by someone whom is not a cop, you get so many of the law and order types crying for blood, that they’re wasting taxpayer dollars by being in jail and not dead, and so on. Yet, when a cop murders someone they resort to the victim blaming and such, he was no angel, pulling pictures from their social media to totally show they’re a bad dude (and to be fair, I haven’t seen that particularly happen with this case, in this thread, but how far would I need to look down comments on an article about it to find some?). But, strangely enough, when a cop does something bad and we need to extend them the benefit of doubt, god bless them, they try but sometimes they mess up. Like, when you see that kind of constant hypocrisy by the Thin Blue Line types, it gets really loving tiresome and you turn it back on them just a little and you’re obviously a deviant and dismissed because sometimes you smoke weed. It’s totally loving retarded, and at the end all the law & order dudes are holding cops at a lower standard than the actual criminals, because they’re under a lot of “stress” and such, we should hear their side of the story blah blah blah.

Like, I’m not so terminally stoned or retarded that I don’t understand due process or why someone who may feel personal guilt would enter a non-guilty plea. I just don’t get why I’m supposed to extend this guy a benefit of the doubt? Because he’s used to be a goon? Because he is a cop? I’m sorry but none of those are compelling reasons unless you believe police are inherently better than their fellow man or somehow infallible and that’s just silly. It’s just a loving job. This whole “it’s a lifestyle and a sacrifice” bullshit isn’t any different than the “thank you for your service” poo poo people say about being in the military and we all know that’s a farce, unless you’re some sort of weird Kool-Aid drinker, and hell, the police standards for joining and conduct are a hell of a lot lower than even the lowly US Army, soo, yeah.
I just guess in the end if Martello had given the dude the benefit of the doubt that I’m expected to give him then we wouldn’t even be having this conversation.

And yes, this was a post written on weed since that apparently matters

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

EBB posted:

Thanks for the nice PMs guys. SC governor is on TV and ordered the evacuation, talked to Mom and she's leaving.

Good to hear.

What's not so good to hear is this. Take it with a grain of salt, because it's from popularmechanics, but supposedly, the air leak the ISS suffered recently may have been due to sabotage

https://www.popularmechanics.com/space/satellites/a22984603/air-leak-iss-drilled-russia/

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Good to hear.

What's not so good to hear is this. Take it with a grain of salt, because it's from popularmechanics, but supposedly, the air leak the ISS suffered recently may have been due to sabotage

https://www.popularmechanics.com/space/satellites/a22984603/air-leak-iss-drilled-russia/

John Oliver discussed this on Last Week Tonight and is determined to get to the bottom of this mystery.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
They’ve run the algorithms and developed a television event I want to watch even less than angry moms at toddler pageants or something.

https://twitter.com/allinwithchris/status/1038462019073191937?s=21

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Good to hear.

Simplest answer is some worker did it and covered up the fuckup to not get in trouble.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Michael Moore is good and cool

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

After thousands of schools in Germany went to see "Bowling for Columbine" as educational content way back when, I tend to disagree

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Seems like you should be mad at German schools for that

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
sabotaging the only international effort with western nations that hasn't been ruined by recent politics to own the libs

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Seems like you should be mad at German schools for that

So we're in agreement that - while having some absolutely valid points - it's a trash documentary produced by Michael Moore?

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
He takes some liberties probably like any documentarian but I wouldn't put him down at like ancient aliens levels of bad, no

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I don't know, he's always left a bad taste in my mouth with the poo poo he's pushed out.

It's always an important issue that deserves to be highlighted, but he does with his...Michael Moore antics that really cast a massive shadow on what he does.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

Michael Moore made me think " maybe people are poor for reasons outside their control" with Roger and Me in 8th grade. So I thank him for that.

He is also a blowhard. Full stop.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

His style is annoying and probably turned a lot of people off good positions. It's still their fault if they decided Iraq or the current gun situation is awesome to spite some doofus, but he's not helping.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
If anyone that was open to being swayed, or on the fence about pretty substantial topics like gun violence or say, capitalism, was turned away from discussing them forever more because one fat annoying guy, then I posit that they weren't as undecided as they thought.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Bowling for Columbine had the very reasonable and correct conclusion that America's deep seated culture of fear is much more problematic than guns themselves but holy poo poo did he ever do a bad job of making that point.

The whole thing should have been a 90 minute extended cut of the marilyn manson interview

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Milo and POTUS posted:

I have got to see this, btw

IIRC someone posted a chart listing items that were most likely to indicate whether a person was white or black, and 'owning a flashlight' was somehow on the list. What followed was a several page discussion trying to figure out how flashlights could have ended up on the list, people got pointlessly heated and mad, basically another Tuesday for the Trump Thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

mlmp08 posted:

They’ve run the algorithms and developed a television event I want to watch even less than angry moms at toddler pageants or something.

https://twitter.com/allinwithchris/status/1038462019073191937?s=21

I was in the audience for a Bernie Sanders/Chris Hayes MSNBC thing. But yeah, MM? :chloe:

• Locked thread