Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Saint Freak posted:

Sure you can, you just end up weak and extremely unlucky.
Exactly. I'm extremely attractive and easily the most intelligent poster to ever grace these forums, and I'm about get owned by a hurricane.

There was just no way for even I, as great as I am, to avoid this future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I mean, people posted that clip from Horizon ahead of release and that game ended up being quite good

His review was kinda funny in that one of the big features of the game is a hub with a ton of optional content that's mostly just story stuff and he's like "this quest, it's just talking to people... what's the point".

That said the story seems to be a spec ops style "what if the tombs raided you" thing so I'm not super interested lol. I do like the new tomb raiders in general tho so I might pick it up at some point.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Hmm I might need the strategy guide, I took looks like a foot with a sad brain but didn't get any perks.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

still looking for that respec option but as of yet been unable to find it in the burger king

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwQT3CLWCHM

Dare I purchase :ohdear:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Raxivace posted:

Exactly. I'm extremely attractive and easily the most intelligent poster to ever grace these forums, and I'm about get owned by a hurricane.

Savescum for a better RNG

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Electric Phantasm posted:

Yakuza guys new IP, Judge Eyes has a gameplay trailer now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEIlMFq40dQ

Instant buy for anything these guys make.
(But only if he rips his shirt off by the end :wink:)

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
My rec is not to take the transgender drawback because it gives you a -20 to your mental health which can make the early game a bit rough.

Raxivace posted:

like a rose, in the eye of the storm

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
e: duplicate posts

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Sep 10, 2018

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Cowcaster posted:

no, weight too. i'm basically a chihuahua-human hybrid

The chihuahua-human hybrids shall inherit the Earth. Good luck with that.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
e: duplicate posts

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Cowcaster posted:

i don't have audio at work so i legitimately assumed this was what it was

It's the Tidus laugh, just so you know.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Never try to free your own post

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Luck is by far the most OP stat in real life

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Andrast posted:

Luck is by far the most OP stat in real life

Nerf Teela Brown

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
They're making a new Samurai Shodown game. 2d with 3d models, but the trailer is so stylized that it'd hard to see what gameplay looks like. I'm eager to see what a match looks like, especially if all the gauges and stuff can be turned off.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Protip: Pumping points into stats seems like the best option but is a noob trap, better to focus on upgrading wealth and background options at character creation

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Protip: Pumping points into stats seems like the best option but is a noob trap, better to focus on upgrading wealth and background options at character creation

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Sc-6GOrGNw

:getin:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Luck handles that for you too. Just get lucky enough to be born to a wealthy family.

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Lethal league rules. There was roughly one day after I got it where my friends didn't know that one meter built up to show when a big hit would get launched so I clobbered them mercilessly.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
lol i'm glad the whole bit of jak ii about how keira doesn't know how to talk with jak the way he is now lasts for three scenes and just resolves with her just saying "by the way jak. i am sorry for saying erol is the best racer. you are the best racer"

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I missed the doom eternal talk but i just wanted to mention that a lot of the coverage of the thing in question was actually circulated far more by the alt-right to try to drum up anti-left sentiment. if you want to talk about youtube/social media being hosed, there's nothing that shows that better than people creating false outrage to get outraged at

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l63nY0AYebI

the alt-right once tried to 'infilrate' black twitter by posing as black twitter accounts and it failed spectacularly because they've never spoken to a black person in real life and it showed in their tweets

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Shaun's vids as usual are really good if so incredibly dry that I'm surprised 230k people watched through it.

LawfulWaffle posted:

They're making a new Samurai Shodown game. 2d with 3d models, but the trailer is so stylized that it'd hard to see what gameplay looks like. I'm eager to see what a match looks like, especially if all the gauges and stuff can be turned off.

Needs link. This is tentatively exciting to me, though SamSho4 was the last really good one.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
KOF 14 was good, so hopefully new Sam Sho follows suit.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

bloodychill posted:

Shaun's vids as usual are really good if so incredibly dry that I'm surprised 230k people watched through it.

230k people may have seen it, but that doesn't mean 230k people finished it.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
oh no gently caress what am i gonna do with my crystal chronicles ripoff now

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

put it on steam

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

rush it to release before the remaster, obviously

May 8, 2006

make it an actually good game

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Shadow Complex is technically based on an OSC series where liberals start a gay military coup out of San Francisco, which is why they vaguely mention that California has fallen.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

corn in the bible posted:

Shadow Complex is technically based on an OSC series where liberals start a gay military coup out of San Francisco, which is why they vaguely mention that California has fallen.
You can tells the devs tried to backpedal on that as hard as they could because the game just portrays the terrorists like COBRA with no real political affiliations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

The White Dragon posted:

be cuter than them

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Poops Mcgoots posted:

230k people may have seen it, but that doesn't mean 230k people finished it.

I always wonder about that. Is it like my mp3 playing app where it only counts towards listening to it if I make it most of the way through it or is it just "someone landed on the page"?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

bloodychill posted:

I always wonder about that. Is it like my mp3 playing app where it only counts towards listening to it if I make it most of the way through it or is it just "someone landed on the page"?

I think content creators on youtube can view analytics to see how many people actually make it to the end of their videos.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Accordion Man posted:

You can tells the devs tried to backpedal on that as hard as they could because the game just portrays the terrorists like COBRA with no real political affiliations.

I distinctly remember reading a pre-launch interview in I think play magazine where they said the inspiration for the organization and the leader was just the old g.i. joe cartoon.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Phantasium posted:

I distinctly remember reading a pre-launch interview in I think play magazine where they said the inspiration for the organization and the leader was just the old g.i. joe cartoon.

Yeah, I think it's one of those situations where the project originally had nothing to do with the license and later on the two were combined to raise its profile/marketability.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I played Shadow Complex once and now I get 50-60 emails a week that someone in Uzbekistan is trying to hack me out of all my fortnites and I wish they'd loving be successful already.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Is the Crystal Chronicles remaster going to have online play? If so, oh boy I can't wait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 8, 2006

Someone was desperately trying to steal my League of Legends account and honestly if they had just emailed me I'd have given it to them

• Locked thread