Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
heh jokes on them i buried all my bitcoins under a birdbath in my MIND PALACE, no one but me can get them :smuggo:

hey what's that hose for...no PLEASE PLEASE THE PASSWORD IS ILOVE RONPAULXOX1488

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Yeah it's not like once you've settled on the plan to gas millions of people rubber hose cryptoanalysis is a bridge too far.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

luckily i can store all of my art and furniture entirely on the blockchain

nazis:0 cryptonomicalion:1

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

THe year 10,000 AB

We all celebrate Ross HASH-anah to commemorate the freeing of a great martyr from bondage

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

from the pics thread:

https://twitter.com/thejaymo/status/1039081880266653696

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Sedge and Bee posted:

THe year 10,000 AB

We all celebrate Ross HASH-anah to commemorate the freeing of a great martyr from bondage

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Lambert posted:

Completely missed that. lol.

Join me at the Ross Foundation for Criminal Justice Reform.

comprehensive criminal justice reform doing away with life without parole is far and away the best chance Ross has of ever getting out of prison.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Excited for Nature 2.1 where they finally fix all the bugs in DNAchain.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

quote:

Everyone wants your money... (self.Bitcoin)
submitted an hour ago by wf84redditor for 3 weeks

For those of you, who are saying there are better investments with less risk than bitcoin this is what I would like to say: everyone just wanna have your money. Banks, governments, companies, all they want is your money in terms of taxes, stocks, loans and so on. Bitcoin wants nothing from you. Most of the banks condemn it, many people says it is a bubble. People are instead warned all the time of the high risks of losing their investment. And yet millions of people are buying it. You make your own conclusions...

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Hahahaha jfc

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

i'm doomernik

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

...! posted:

i'm doomernik

hi jastiger doomernik

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Weatherman posted:

hi jastiger doomernik

:wink:
:wmwink:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

doomernik deegan

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

buttcoin: Nature number 2.0

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Azathoth posted:

comprehensive criminal justice reform doing away with life without parole is far and away the best chance Ross has of ever getting out of prison.

it's a solid argument against tbqh no matter how many people unjustly imprisoned it would free there is nobody more justly imprisoned than ross now that charles manson is dead and letting him free would cheapen the idea of justice

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Feinne posted:

it's a solid argument against tbqh no matter how many people unjustly imprisoned it would free there is nobody more justly imprisoned than ross now that charles manson is dead and letting him free would cheapen the idea of justice

what if we turn ross into some sort of omelas thing

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Feinne posted:

nah, don't you know anything? ross is this generation's mandela. pay attention or gtfo

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

...! posted:

nah, don't you know anything? ross is this generation's mandela. pay attention or gtfo

people who don't really care will learn vaguely about him, confuse him with someone else and think he's dead then when he does die they make a big thing of it on the internet instead of just accepting they got something wrong?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

i could have sworn ross hung himself in a thai prison years ago :thunk:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

we all know that the first version is the best - the second is when the bugs start being introduced

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

his twitter by the way is a proclick for what's going on in the digital space

https://twitter.com/trentmc0/status/1038530931999600640

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Ghostlight posted:

his twitter by the way is a proclick for what's going on in the digital space

https://twitter.com/trentmc0/status/1038530931999600640

https://twitter.com/WeCatalysts/status/1036200039868235776

I agree, twitter blockchain man, this is very much a self-own

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

ai*blockchain=dead on arrival

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

uhhhh

Twitter blockchain man, that picture is not what you think it is

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
skynet.jpg

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Boxturret posted:

people who don't really care will learn vaguely about him, confuse him with someone else and think he's dead then when he does die they make a big thing of it on the internet instead of just accepting they got something wrong?

No-no, you're thinking of Angela Davis.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

BMan posted:

uhhhh

Twitter blockchain man, that picture is not what you think it is

holy poo poo lmao

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Boxturret posted:

i could have sworn ross hung himself in a thai prison years ago :thunk:

you are thinking of Pimp Alex, a PUA who lived in thailand and ran alphabay

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
i am super going to take advice from a man who can't tuck his shirt in

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Tokamak posted:

you are thinking of Pimp Alex, a PUA who lived in thailand and ran alphabay

but i can't possibly be wrong....this must be some strange mental parallel universal phenomenon .....i'll call it the frosty effect

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
AI DAOs to the moon

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin
hey slightly off topic, but who is the guy that got mistaken for nelson mandela in the public consciousness? I've never heard a concrete explanation offered before

I tried looking on my own but it's pretty hard to search without getting buried in alternate universe wankery

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Are you thinking of the Mandela Effect, which is that a lot of people thought he was dead when he was very much alive?

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Azathoth posted:

Are you thinking of the Mandela Effect, which is that a lot of people thought he was dead when he was very much alive?

no i think you'll find it's called the frosty effect

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

KnifeWrench posted:

hey slightly off topic, but who is the guy that got mistaken for nelson mandela in the public consciousness? I've never heard a concrete explanation offered before

I tried looking on my own but it's pretty hard to search without getting buried in alternate universe wankery

i always thought they were just lumping him in with ghandi :shrug:

Horrormelon
Jan 28, 2009

Only Gallagher can save us now.

Azathoth posted:

:thejoke:

New York state approves two dollar-based cryptocurrencies

quote:

Today, New York approved the first digital currencies that are tied to the US dollar, called "stablecoins." These cryptocurrencies avoid the price volatility of their brethren by being pegged to stable assets. The digital currencies in question, from Gemini Trust Company and Paxos Trust Company, are available to trade on their respective exchanges. It's a good sign that cryptocurrency is maturing.

The Winklevoss twins ... are behind Gemini Trust Company. The currency is pegged to the US dollar on a one-to-one basis; the company will hold US currency that corresponds with all issued Gemini dollars at a bank eligible for the FDIC's pass through insurance.

So like Tether, but also not at all like Tether?

Sidenote: Has anyone said Winklebucks yet?

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Djeser posted:

no i think you'll find it's called the frosty effect

Is that when you grind a prisoner into tasty Wendy’s desserts but chain the freezer shut for life+40?

Hang on. I wrote that in one try without any editing. Gotta go take my meds.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

WHAT ON EARTH FOR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

gschmidl posted:

WHAT ON EARTH FOR

Presumably you promise a 1:1 exchange rate, but you don't actually hold enough reserve on hand to exchange everything. The amount you print and sell beyond your reserve amount is the profit I guess. Ie, tethers.

• Locked thread