Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pen Express
Sep 23, 2009

This is cursed as poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I can never decide which of these kills me (or the drinker) more. Probably the ones where she takes very delicate mint leaves and mashes the gently caress out of them.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

darthbob88 posted:

I forget who came up with it first, but hot chicken wing and wasabi Oreos aren't flavors, they're things Dr Evil threatens to unleash if he doesn't get $1 million ransom.

The wasabi ones are fine, they're just kind of weak. Need more wasabi. The chicken wing ones are... salty. And bad, but not offensively so.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I've definitely had wasabi in sweet places and it does work. I had wasabi ice cream once that was very delicious, and yet still had a smack of spice*

*spice never feels like the right word for what wasabi does. It basically bypasses my tongue except for a nice flavor, then slaps me in the back of the loving head and jams two fingers up my nostrils into my sinuses. What would one call that?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Holy gently caress, how long was that in the oven for? The pan is glowing.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Your pans don't glow and make a faint growl when cooking (also don't require external heating, and levitate menacingly at times)? Weirdo.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Brawnfire posted:

I've definitely had wasabi in sweet places and it does work. I had wasabi ice cream once that was very delicious, and yet still had a smack of spice*

*spice never feels like the right word for what wasabi does. It basically bypasses my tongue except for a nice flavor, then slaps me in the back of the loving head and jams two fingers up my nostrils into my sinuses. What would one call that?

Well there’s pepper hot (which hits the tongue and palate), and then there’s radish hot (which hits the sinuses).

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Do other people perceive that as a type of "heat" or is that just an easy way of putting it? It's such a unique sensation from burning, it really feels more like a slapping or intense stinging to me. Coupled with an alarming wellspring of back-of-the-head sweat

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Brawnfire posted:

I usually say "hot"/"heat" or specify "mustard/wasabi hot"

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Raw testicles and deli mustard?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I'm pretty sure it's just a one of those glass casserole dishes where the handles bottom have been scuffed over the years or are just darker to the point that they look metal. Whatever pork and beans or whatever casserole was cooking in that dish has the same color beneath the mountain of charcoal as what you can see around the edges.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Many cameras don't properly filter out IR.

Also agreed re: wasabi. Not exactly hot, and not pleasant to me like capsaicin is.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Brawnfire posted:

Wasabi desserts work great.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I bought a bag of cucumber flavored potato chips at an Asian grocery store. Everyone who tried one agreed that they tasted exactly like cucumber and that they never wanted to have another one ever again.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

What in the gently caress is that? I hate it whatever it is.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

What in the gently caress is that? I hate it whatever it is.

Pickled ticks and hummus.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I'mma say hearts.

Tag ur gore

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Smoked oysters

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

chitoryu12 posted:

I can never decide which of these kills me (or the drinker) more. Probably the ones where she takes very delicate mint leaves and mashes the gently caress out of them.

Mint needs to be mushed to release the aromas.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

chitoryu12 posted:

You crush the mint onto the ice with your thumb and you grind it in. It releases the menthol.
Now, you know who taught me that? Fidel Castro.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

Data Graham posted:

I'mma say hearts.

Tag ur gore

Makdous - stuffed eggplants - and some weird looking hummus. The comments got turned off after it was posted in a (vegan food) facebook group.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They crush up mint leaves for julips or mojitos.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
you're supposed to squish the leaves, but you filter them out after. crazy lady.

this is my girl tho

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Brawnfire posted:

Do other people perceive that as a type of "heat" or is that just an easy way of putting it? It's such a unique sensation from burning, it really feels more like a slapping or intense stinging to me. Coupled with an alarming wellspring of back-of-the-head sweat

Wikipedia posted:

Because the burning sensations of wasabi are not oil-based, they are short-lived compared to the effects of capsaicin in chili peppers, and are washed away with more food or liquid. The sensation is felt primarily in the nasal passage and can be quite painful depending on the amount consumed.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

spankmeister posted:

Mint needs to be mushed to release the aromas.

You lightly crush the mint. Crushing too much makes it bitter. Going to town like she does will make a drink taste horrible.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My grandma has "wild" mint growing in her yard, and I used to love to chew on it when I was small.

(wild in scare quotes because wild mind doesn't grow around here, but it naturalizes eesily.)

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

chitoryu12 posted:

You lightly crush the mint. Crushing too much makes it bitter. Going to town like she does will make a drink taste horrible.

Yeah that's fair I suppose, I'm not defending anything she's doing :v:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I can't stay mad at Aunt Sandy, she tries, not hard, but by god she tries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jaRjhVYkxw

In this one she decides that Hypnotiq is a delicious and colourful pre-made cocktail and not, for instance, a 17% liqueur that serving people 3 oz of before dinner might be a bad idea. It matches the aquarium theme, you see.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

uber_stoat posted:

this is my girl tho

I love her.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

angerbeet posted:

I can't stay mad at Aunt Sandy, she tries, not hard, but by god she tries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jaRjhVYkxw

In this one she decides that Hypnotiq is a delicious and colourful pre-made cocktail and not, for instance, a 17% liqueur that serving people 3 oz of before dinner might be a bad idea. It matches the aquarium theme, you see.

That’s amazing. ‘I’m calling this my Ocean Breeze cocktail!’
*throws a few blueberries into an entire glass of Hypnotiq*

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
Aunt Sandy can have as many cocktails as she wants.

quote:

Sandra Lee Waldroop was born in Santa Monica, California, on July 3, 1966. She later dropped her last name and became known as Sandra Lee. Lee was the first child of teenagers Wayne Waldroop and Vicky Svitak. When Lee was 2 years old, her parents filed for divorce and her mother dropped her and her younger sister, Cindy, off with their paternal grandmother, Lorraine, promising to soon return. Lee credits her Grandma Lorraine with her love of baking and her ability to "stretch a dollar."

Several years later, Lee's mother remarried and finally returned to pick her and Cindy up. Her mother and stepfather had three children together. But when that marriage failed, Lee, at age 11, "became mom, sister, caretaker and homemaker" to her siblings, she wrote in her memoir, Made from Scratch. Her physically abusive mother was a prescription drug-addict who spent much of her time in bed, leaving Lee to rely on food stamps and welfare checks to feed the family.

Lee left home at age 15 and moved to Wisconsin to live with her birthfather. Missing her brothers and sisters, she became depressed and even contemplated suicide. Making things worse, her father was convicted of second-degree sexual assault and sentenced to a year in prison. Lee hasn't had any contact with her mother since she left home. "I was dealt a hand that might have had a very different outcome if I ever allowed myself to feel like a victim," Lee wrote in her memoir.

Career in the Food Industry
Lee enrolled at the University of Wisconsin, LaCrosse, but dropped out during her junior year to return to California. Always good with her hands and prettifying things around the house, the driven and ambitious Lee created a new product called the Kurtain Kraft, which she sold through informercials on TV. She also produced a series of home improvement videos. By the end of 1993, after just nine months, Kurtain Kraft had grossed $6 million. Lee became a spokesperson for KB Home and married the company's CEO, Bruce Karatz, in 2001. Their marriage ended in 2005.

Lee's first book, Semi-Homemade Cooking, landed on The New York Times' best-seller list. TV appearances to promote the book led to a call from The Food Network, and the show Semi-Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee launched in 2003. The philosophy behind Semi-Homemade Cooking, according to Lee, is to make life easier for the average housewife. "Seventy percent store-bought, ready-made plus 30 percent fresh allows you to take 100 percent of the credit," is Lee's motto.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Crandles.

Theokotos
Jan 22, 2015

Fallen Rib

First place in flaming, meat-ish log nightmares, for sure.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Okay, what goon knows the story to this?

Pen Express posted:

This is cursed as poo poo

This is a regular weeknight at my house.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

angerbeet posted:

Whoa three whole ounces of 17% liqueur, better go easy there, lush! What's next, 12 oz of 5% beer, you wino?

yes the lady puts too much booze in her drinks a lot of the time but 3oz at 17% is less than a single standard drink's worth of alcohol

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Ultimate Mango posted:

Okay, what goon knows the story to this?

This is a regular weeknight at my house.

More like how do you NOT KNOW the story to this. :thunk:

ShortyMR.CAT has a new favorite as of 16:31 on Sep 11, 2018

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

More like how do you NOT KNOW they story to this. :thunk:

I know the story to the video, I was asking about the cake. Some goon surely ordered the cake, and we must know why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

More like how do you NOT KNOW they story to this. :thunk:

I assumed they were asking about the story behind the cake, not the video that inspired it.

Ultimate Mango posted:

I know the story to the video, I was asking about the cake. Some goon surely ordered the cake, and we must know why.

Well, it says "Happy Birthday", which honestly raises more questions than it answers.