Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

there are also a lot of old games that will never see the light of day because the IP holder will say "but what if we want to remaster/remake it someday"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

lol what the hell

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

corn in the bible posted:

You can play URU free if you want, and it modifies some of the levels to better suit co-operative play.

https://mystonline.com/en/

On the other hand it doesn't have so much of the plot stuff so :shrug:

I've heard the plot is about Yeesha, again, so maybe it's fine it's gone

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Thank you for explaining the la mulana 2 puzzle to me :)

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

lol what the hell

lol, can't sell the remaster of mediocre game if it's still available on steam for $2

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Phantasium posted:

lol, can't sell the remaster of mediocre game if it's still available on steam for $2

I wonder if it'll be as "good" of a PC remaster as Dark Souls was.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

There's been a couple major releases lately and among those a bunch of B-games have come out that no one's paid attention to. It's disappointing that Immortal: Unchained (which has a grand total of 0 reviews on Metacritic) is supposedly extremely mediocre, I was sort of hoping for a decent TPS take on the Souls genre.

There's also Strange Brigade which seems like an alright L4D inspired game by the developers of Sniper Elite. I might actually be getting that soon whenever I get bored of playing through the Devil May Cry games on the Xboner.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

But yooooooooo Project Judge is gonna be fan-loving-tastic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W3LTT5VRr8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAGe6bXrrC8

publishko
Feb 16, 2014

*sigh*

looks like Sega is getting even more of my money

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoa97CdeG_w

Not having to deal with lovely peripherals AND online play?!?!?!

I'm so fuckin stoked you have no idea

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

What is the importance of Crystal Chronicles for a non-FF series fan?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

The Shortest Path posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoa97CdeG_w

Not having to deal with lovely peripherals AND online play?!?!?!

I'm so fuckin stoked you have no idea

you won't be saying that when everyone makes you play bucket bitch duty

Infinitum posted:

basically it's like secret of mana for the gcn

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Infinitum posted:

It's a really cool multiplayer coop rpg that has a ton of unique mechanical stuff that other games have never really touched on, and some incredible aesthetics, music, etc. Like, listen to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNRHO2pY97I

Plus the only things it has in common with other FF games at all are moogles and the spell names, so it's not like you're missing anything by not knowing what's up.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Infinitum posted:

infamous as a game that would cost your group of four multiple hundreds of dollars in hardware to play, and then not being all that great after you get it set up

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

playing judge eyes demo, and getting real The Bouncer vibes. except this one is good

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
today i played through red faction. it was red faction

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

goferchan posted:

The game is fun but lol there's constantly like "the NYPD are the REAL heroes!" poo poo going on . I can put it aside because it's a game about a guy who got superpowers from being bitten by a radioactive spider but yeah spider-man is basically a cop in the game

Tbf, most of that sentiment comes from JJJ who yells about how the cops are doing everything and Spider-Man just gets in the way, when in reality Spider-Man is doing most of the heavy lifting. Even his friend on the force never wants to believe him when he gives her tips about what the super villain is doing. The exception to cops never believing him is the nice one, who dies putting other people’s lives before his own in a moment of danger, like a good cop is supposed to do.

Also Spider-Man gets to be an environmentalist, all curing fish and birds of diseases. That fish mission wasn’t super fun though.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

homeless snail posted:

playing judge eyes demo, and getting real The Bouncer vibes. except this one is good
beat the judge eyes demo, and I've now decided that this post is too positive

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

homeless snail posted:

beat the judge eyes demo, and I've now decided that this post is too positive

what went wrong

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

The Colonel posted:

today i played through red faction. it was red faction

I started it last week, remembering how much I enjoyed it back at release. After two hours, I died falling on some ledge and then find out I was supposed to be manually saving the whole time. I shan’t be playing again.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

GameSpot's review of the new Tomb Raider almost killed my desire to bother with it. The second game was already bloated enough but they doubled down on it.

quote:

Shadow of the Tomb Raider adds so many more pieces to the formula of previous games, but there are also so many little things that it just doesn't quite land. The game's obsession with collecting crafting materials has only become more profuse--there are now 21(!) different items to gather--causing everything to seem less valuable and the act of gathering them to be more of a chore.

:shepicide:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

lets hang out posted:

what went wrong
based on the demo it just seems like a worse playing version of yakuza. combat is almost identical but the changes they did make are for the worse, a third of the demo is tailing a guy as if its a game from the mid 2000s, and another third is just a bad QTE sequence

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i have to turn my thinking around on this like phoenix wright. this isn't necessarily a race. this is square enix saying, they saw enough of a void in the market to justify fronting the cost to develop a web-compatible remaster of crystal chronicles. i've put three years into developing a game like crystal chronicles... maybe the smart move is just to hurry the gently caress up and make a robust demo, and then just pitch it to them

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The White Dragon posted:

i have to turn my thinking around on this like phoenix wright. this isn't necessarily a race. this is square enix saying, they saw enough of a void in the market to justify fronting the cost to develop a web-compatible remaster of crystal chronicles. i've put three years into developing a game like crystal chronicles... maybe the smart move is just to hurry the gently caress up and make a robust demo, and then just pitch it to them

Crystal chronicles will come out and be lame as ever and your game, presumably amazing, will sate the whetted appetites of the target demo.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I hope the bizarre and sudden remastering of both last remnant and Crystal Chronicles means Kawazu is BACK ON TOP BABY. Or at least maybe it'll mean we get a port of Minstrel Song.

Anyway let that crazy motherfucker make more games he's the best around

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

More fun unique co-op games are always going to be fun to play. Finish a playable demo and get it kickstarter funded or something.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

GUI posted:

There's been a couple major releases lately and among those a bunch of B-games have come out that no one's paid attention to. It's disappointing that Immortal: Unchained (which has a grand total of 0 reviews on Metacritic) is supposedly extremely mediocre, I was sort of hoping for a decent TPS take on the Souls genre.

There's also Strange Brigade which seems like an alright L4D inspired game by the developers of Sniper Elite. I might actually be getting that soon whenever I get bored of playing through the Devil May Cry games on the Xboner.

Strange Brigade's co-op campaign eventually gets tedious (I had finished all but two chapters however) but the horde mode is a lot of fun. Really solid stuff. Haven't touched Time Trial yet.

I was hoping Immortal would be a solid B gem but it seems even worse than Lords Of The Fallen. As for more B stuff I am renting Shadows Awakening. Always try new ARPG's and I hope it's at least decent.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
ehh kickstarter isn't really my jam. work to fund my own poo poo, that's how i prefer it :)

anyway it's not like i'm looking to hire a $100k contractor :v:

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
never thought i'd enjoy a videogame again in my life but i'm having a lot of fun qith dq11

well here's hoping i don't immediately jinx it by posting about it

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

ehh kickstarter isn't really my jam. work to fund my own poo poo, that's how i prefer it :)

anyway it's not like i'm looking to hire a $100k contractor :v:
$100k contractor here, ready to work on your uh *looks at notes* video game

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I think it's silly to dislike Spider-Man teaming up with cops because super-heroes are pretty much the police already, and Spider-man of all people is the one that is supposed to have the most friendly, caring microverse around him. It's like a Joy Fantasy instead of a Power Fantasy, a world where cops are actually useful and good people, and Spidey is there to lend a hand.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Why would a good guy vigilante help the cops?

:thunk:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Remember that very obvious post-9/11 edit at the end of the first Spider-Man movie where the Green Goblin looks like he's about to get Spidey but the brave people of New York City throw garbage at his flyer to distract him? An unlikely scenario but there is definitely no shortage of trash to weaponize in NYC.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Samuringa posted:

I think it's silly to dislike Spider-Man teaming up with cops because super-heroes are pretty much the police already, and Spider-man of all people is the one that is supposed to have the most friendly, caring microverse around him. It's like a Joy Fantasy instead of a Power Fantasy, a world where cops are actually useful and good people, and Spidey is there to lend a hand.

So I never saw a link posted but I assume someone read this

https://theconcourse.deadspin.com/they-turned-spider-man-into-a-drat-cop-and-it-sucks-1828944087

You're right, it is silly. But people love being political as gently caress today and on today's internet that means seeing everything you dont like about the world in the media you enjoy and hemming and hawing about it, even when the fantasy is specifically different from your reality.

i.e. "gently caress the popo in real life, Spiderman is helping the popo!? gently caress spiderman!"

Catfishenfuego
Oct 21, 2008

Moist With Indignation
The 'fixing surveillance towers means spider-man is pro surveillance state' is a weird complaint because the surveillance towers are designed by Oscorp, the objectively bad guy company that will almost certainly use them for evil purposes in a future game if they don't forget they ever existed.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
yakuza 0 was really good and i'm glad i figured out how to fix it

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

A dumb shitpost I made (As opposed to the regular dumb posts I make) shouldn’t have spawned this much discussion. Shame on you guys.

Accordion Man posted:

Spider-Man couldn't be a cop though because his personal mantra is all about responsibility for his actions.
This was pretty good though.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Sep 11, 2018

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

All I know about Spider-man is that he's a menace and the new game coming out made everyone on Ebay and Amazon jack up the price of that average Amazing Spider-man 2 game that came out years ago for PS4/Xboner and was delisted from digital stores and went out of print once Activision lost the license which is a shame because I curiously wanted to check it out and even bought the Xbox One version when it was 20 bucks last year but the Ebay store seller got confused and sent me a new copy of Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped instead and I was like "eh I loved Crash Bandicoot as a kid so I'll keep it" and never bothered getting it replaced/requesting a refund.

That's my story about Spider-man.

GUI fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Sep 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
Do we know what's going to be the focus of the DLCs and how sizable they're going to be? Since they're supposed to be released on a monthly basis I'm not expecting much.

• Locked thread