Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

TheAgent posted:

They'll probably put a "late beta, no wipes" soft launch on the market before 2020.

The only thing that will be on the market by 2020 will be more personal possessions to pay for opioids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.
Does that mean players will be able to purchase access to the War Wizard class?

Hakkeshu
Aug 10, 2005

Blinging in the Wastes!

CoffeeBooze posted:

Does that mean players will be able to purchase access to the War Wizard class?

Yes, send Brad a pallet of opoids.

Fetko
Oct 21, 2004

Hakkeshu posted:

Yes, send Brad a pallet of opoids.

I finally understand the Opiod Crisis!

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe
Edit: nvm

Hav fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Aug 21, 2018

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Another stream tomorrow. This time it's people who are active in the PANTHEON COMMUNITY.

https://twitter.com/PantheonMMO/status/1031858684102504448

So there is a good chance it's going to be a total disaster.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Ehud posted:

Another stream tomorrow. This time it's people who are active in the PANTHEON COMMUNITY.

https://twitter.com/PantheonMMO/status/1031858684102504448

So there is a good chance it's going to be a total disaster.

New thread title.

"Pantheon: Good Chance It's Going to be a Total Disaster"

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Tomahawk posted:

The only thing that will be on the market by 2020 will be more personal possessions to pay for opioids

:drat:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Links of last night's stream. Haven't had a chance to watch but it looks like they do Black Rose Keep again but this time do the battlements section. Also we see a Paladin POV for the first time.

Bazgrim - Human Ranger
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/300742706

Leksur - Ogre Dire Lord
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/300742642

Martini - Elf Wizard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km4NruH3m0E

Nick - Gnome Enchanter
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/300774363

Saicred - Dwarf Paladin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfxnPXjUFbo

Yarnila - Human Cleric
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/300743110
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/300752562

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
I mean, I love to poo poo on this

but man, those streams just look straight up dated

goddamn

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

It may look like something from 2007 but it looks like it plays like something from 2003, so I'm getting more hyped with every stream

Love to watch six people meticulously crowd control two generic mobs and desperately try to finish them off in time without pulling anything else, unironically

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

To both of your points, Fevir played the game a couple weeks back and put together his thoughts on the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecyrt5NKHg8

I think it's a pretty fair, insightful video. He talks about his interest in the game but lists his concerns as well.

Says the game feels "hella-dated" lol

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Ehud posted:

Links of last night's stream. Haven't had a chance to watch but it looks like they do Black Rose Keep again but this time do the battlements section. Also we see a Paladin POV for the first time.

Even if wow hadn't released an expansion not even a month ago that knocks it out of the loving park, even if, this looks loving terrible. Not even dated, just outright offensively and thoroughly bad.

You hosed up, Brad.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ad by Khad posted:

Even if wow hadn't released an expansion not even a month ago that knocks it out of the loving park, even if, this looks loving terrible. Not even dated, just outright offensively and thoroughly bad.

You hosed up, Brad.

lol yeah it’s gonna own

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it should be illegal to play a game like this in third person.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet
Wow, it just looks crap.

Boring, soulless crap.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Ehud posted:

lol yeah it’s gonna own

are you a shill or something

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ad by Khad posted:

are you a shill or something

no. I give it a 50/50 shot of ever being released and wouldn't be surprised if development on the game shut down at any moment.

I just want to play more everquest but with new zones and graphics that are slightly updated. This is pretty much the only thing on the horizon that will scratch that itch.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

RagnarokZ posted:

Wow, it just looks crap.

Boring, soulless crap.

i'm guessing they just used poo poo off the unity store cuz why would you choose to have an art style that bland.

vanguard was generic as hell and it still looked better.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Ehud posted:

no. I give it a 50/50 shot of ever being released and wouldn't be surprised if development on the game shut down at any moment.

I just want to play more everquest but with new zones and graphics that are slightly updated. This is pretty much the only thing on the horizon that will scratch that itch.

Go play shards of dalaya, there are newly made zones, as well as re-used zones, with a totally different story! It's also a lot more accessible than it used to be, but the very very top-end is still a huge grind.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Ehud posted:

:same: also I don't want to play shards cus I've had enough of old school Everquest as an engine / gameplay style to last for quite a while

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

MF_James posted:

Go play shards of dalaya, there are newly made zones, as well as re-used zones, with a totally different story! It's also a lot more accessible than it used to be, but the very very top-end is still a huge grind.

yeah I played Shards but the population is so low now.

Most recently I played P1999 and it was a lot of fun, but you can only do the same content so many times.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Ehud posted:

yeah I played Shards but the population is so low now.

Most recently I played P1999 and it was a lot of fun, but you can only do the same content so many times.

Yeah, I stopped playing shards because we hit The Wall that was T12+ content, a bunch of the guild stopped playing, I was on the charm grind (about 60k from the 512 which means I still needed another 512k for the eternal) and the ezpz XP (which was still a massive timesink) I was getting via overpowered warriors and somewhat broken abilities was nerfed pretty badily and I don't have 20+ hours a week to play the game to finish charms and the other 30 tomes to really be at the top-end of my classes; despite having already done 40+ tomes.

I really wanted to jump into the TLP servers because they seem fun, I wouldn't mind playing through the content I did originally and seeing the content after TBS that I didn't see, but the time commitment is the killer for reliving EQ, at least for me.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
the videos of this game make it look like a more sterile version of neverwinter 2. why take the lessons of the last 14 years of mmos and video games in general and throw it all away to make this?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Doorknob Slobber posted:

the videos of this game make it look like a more sterile version of neverwinter 2. why take the lessons of the last 14 years of mmos and video games in general and throw it all away to make this?

You spent the last 14 years in an opiod haze and haven't seen them yet

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
This...looks and plays nothing like NWN2...

E: Wow, this isn't the Neverwinter thread.

Schubalts fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Sep 3, 2018

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

I feel like that post is accurate here, too, friend

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

I was wondering how the fallen were doing, and if they had risen yet. So I clicked the link to the paladin gameplay, skipped to the middle, and watched about 5 minutes. I'm no longer wondering, I guess.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
As soon as I heard the reviewer describe pulling mobs as an art form being re-introduced into the genre my brain shut off

Hey hey, maybe we can get massive mob death trains and huge exp loss on back too, that would just be dandy

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Sep 12, 2018

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Mercury_Storm posted:

As soon as I heard the reviewer describe pulling mobs as an art form being re-introduced into the genre my brain shut off

Hey hey, maybe we can get massive mob death trains and huge exp loss on back too, that would just be dandy

God I hope so

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Dipes
Oct 24, 2003
This sounds great. I like the cut of Brad McQuaid's jib and I like the pitch here. Will be an early supporter.

Remit
Nov 9, 2007

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

As in you're looking forward to the challenge, or watching from the sidelines as the servers burn?

polio king
Jun 19, 2004

Frog Act posted:

It may look like something from 2007 but it looks like it plays like something from 2003, so I'm getting more hyped with every stream

Love to watch six people meticulously crowd control two generic mobs and desperately try to finish them off in time without pulling anything else, unironically

This is what I’m excited for.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Freakazoid_ posted:

As in you're looking forward to the challenge, or watching from the sidelines as the servers burn?

Challenge? This is how it should be.

dogshitboy
Dec 8, 2017
Pantheon: rise of the old farts

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's too bad brad can't name games and it looks like poo poo. i'd rather it look like old eq than what it looks like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The next pre-alpha phase will have all classes implemented up to level 40.

see you all there!!!