Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Manfred Mann has a lisp so it actually does sound like douche. Plus his version changed the lyric from “cut loose like a deuce” in the original Springsteen version so the rhyme there is gone too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

A girl with colitis goes by.

Vulgar
Aug 17, 2003

I am the man of la Mancha… my dream is impossible!

Hold me closer, Tony Danza

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

Vulgar posted:

I see nothing wrong here.:shrug:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Where it's at? I got two-tonne devils and a microphone.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."
Stolen from another thread. :roflolmao:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

God forbid you ever have to walk in my lady shoes

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Gimme that dunkey butt and them chicken legs

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
They have slain the Duke of York and Lady Mondegreen!

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!
My mother was a Traitor
She Sold my new blue jeans

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Memento posted:

Well excuse me, while I kiss this guy.

Lady Mondegreen is going to be jealous.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Oh hey it’s mondegreen time again!

Rahonavis posted:

No need to argue with Spoon Operator.

Bring me a pile of love!

Forty-five versions of a pelican.

Swassy was my wife! Everything Zen!

You can see I'm no sheep or dragon, anyway I got no place to go.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Sloooooow motion Waaaaaalter, the fire engine guy.

It's alright, it's alright, alright, Shamoo the Mysterious Whale.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hyperlynx posted:

It's alright, it's alright, alright, Shamoo the Mysterious Whale.

lol

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Hyperlynx posted:

Sloooooow motion Waaaaaalter, the fire engine guy.

This one got a shoutout in a BNL song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhk-DiPqhr8

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Just spotted this on FB and thought of you guys

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Takin' care of blisters, and working overtime

(What? Made sense to young me, hearing it on scratchy radio. The guy's been working overtime, of course he's got blisters.)

One that I actually heard properly, but since my husband sings it this way, I can't un-hear it, is "therrrrre's a bathroom/on the right"

I think it was this thread that taught me that it's not "just like the one-winged dove", but a "white-winged dove". Even though I know it now, still can't train my brain to hear it right.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Oh yeah, the white wing dove, sings the songs Sandslash is singing. I love that song

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

It will always be a one-winged dove to me. He’s singing and flying in circles and is very sad.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
For years I heard it as 'Just like the way we go/Sing the song that gal she's singin'

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
I honestly thought it was "Dirty Deeds and the Dun Dun Gee" which made no sense. I just assumed it was an expression I'd never heard.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
It’s actually a “right-wing dove”; in the song she’s singing about a hardline conservative with a non-interventionist foreign policy streak.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I guess Lorraine’s down in Africa

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
It’s gonna take a lot to drag me away from you, but 156 mph winds should do the trick.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Vulgar posted:

Count the headlights on the highway
Lay me down in sheets of lead

JacquelineDempsey posted:

One that I actually heard properly, but since my husband sings it this way, I can't un-hear it, is "therrrrre's a bathroom/on the right"
They've deliberately sung it that way live, before. Also Hendrix, with "scuse me while I kiss this guy".

e: also:

Hyperlynx has a new favorite as of 02:10 on Sep 12, 2018

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Takin' care of blisters, and working overtime

(What? Made sense to young me, hearing it on scratchy radio. The guy's been working overtime, of course he's got blisters.)

I think it was this thread that taught me that it's not "just like the one-winged dove", but a "white-winged dove". Even though I know it now, still can't train my brain to hear it right.

:aaa:

You mean it's not "just like the one we love"?

poo poo.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I think we can do with one thousand more examples.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

JoelJoel posted:

I think we can do with one thousand more examples.

Ok, so what are the real lyrics on this one

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Well, I just figured out it's not "I guess it rains down in Africa".

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
A friend of mine was convinced that the line in "Wannabe" by the Spice Girls was "wanna suck his dick, ah" rather than "wanna zig a zig, ah." I still hear it both ways because of him.

vvv He totally would be that guy.

Ommin has a new favorite as of 08:45 on Sep 12, 2018

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Ommin posted:

A friend of mine was convinced that the line in "Wannabe" by the Spice Girls was "wanna suck his dick, ah" rather than "wanna zig a zig, ah." I still hear it both ways because of him.
And it was at this moment he realized the folly in acting as his own attorney.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Ommin posted:

vvv He totally would be that guy.

I was convinced that it went "if you wanna be my lover, you gotta get rid of my friends" which I thought was a real horrible way to treat your friends.

(it's 'with my friends')

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

"Mountain mama" not "Meet my momma". Although who the gently caress is Mountain mama :confused:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I heard “lose yourself to dance” as “you just sucked a dick”

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Quote-Unquote posted:

I was convinced that it went "if you wanna be my lover, you gotta get rid of my friends" which I thought was a real horrible way to treat your friends.

(it's 'with my friends')

I had only ever heard 'get with' to imply hookups/dating, so I was still horribly confused despite hearing the lyrics correctly. Polyamorous propaganda for preteen girls??

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

EmmyOk posted:

I heard “lose yourself to dance” as “you just sucked a dick”

Come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I learned a couple of years ago that the chorus in the Replacements’ “Bastards of Young” is “wait on the sons of no one”

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

After two pages of this, I can confidently say that y'all suck at hearing things.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

HazCat posted:

I had only ever heard 'get with' to imply hookups/dating, so I was still horribly confused despite hearing the lyrics correctly. Polyamorous propaganda for preteen girls??

Same, "you mean to say I should be all of yous lover?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

HazCat posted:

:yossame:

The Refreshments - Banditos, I used to think the line was “...cause he will speak English anywhere.” Actual lyric is “Well, give your ID card to the border guard. Yeah, your alias says you're Captain Jean-Luc Picard Of the United Federation Of Planets cause he won't speak English anyway.”