Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://twitter.com/rodger_sherman/status/1039326131390828544

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

goat

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Raiders started fine I guess and didn't adjust for poo poo, the roster had some young talent but also pieces of poo poo like Reggie Nelson and Leon Hall and Frostee Rucker with meaningful play time lol

Also Carr is eternally shaken by Marcus Peters and I'm glad they only have to play him once every four years

Didn't expect this game to end in a win, cmon offseason

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Angelic

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Rams good

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Make this the new logo

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I was briefly worried that Gruden wouldn't get owned but he got owned after all.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Bip Roberts posted:

I was briefly worried that Gruden wouldn't get owned but he got owned after all.

Gruden: The score wasn't indicative of the game, we were driving to try to make it a one score game when we had a late pick 6.

Sure thing there Jon, you had em right where you wanted them.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Khalil Mack has more touchdowns than Derek Carr god bless

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The raiders should stop having extremely old ex-Bengals, or keep on having them, depending on how you feel about the Las Vegas Raiders

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Whats the running odds on Gruden retiring at the end of this year, asking for a friend

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Whats the running odds on Gruden retiring at the end of this year, asking for a friend

Zero, he’d give up his money. He has to be fired.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
Didn't Detroit and Matt Patricia have a dreadful preseason too?

Detroit should join a mini conference with the Bills and Raiders at season end to claim the position of worst NFL tean. They look that bad already.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
That second half really showcased the difference between a coaching staff that adapts, changes with the times, and figures out ways to win on the road, while the other coaching staff wishes it was still 1998.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Sad King Billy posted:

Detroit should join a mini conference with the Bills and Raiders at season end to claim the position of worst NFL tean. They look that bad already.

I was so concerned about the start of the 49ers’ schedule this year; those first five games looked like a murderer’s row. Thank god for the Lions, I can breath easier now without worry of another winless first half-season.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Coldforge posted:

I was so concerned about the start of the 49ers’ schedule this year; those first five games looked like a murderer’s row. Thank god for the Lions, I can breath easier now without worry of another winless first half-season.

Pissed-off Niners versus this year's Lions ? Yeah we'll be fine.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

cavallingus posted:

CAN YOU BE HAPPY FOR ONCE

Trust me. i'm happy.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Benne posted:

That second half really showcased the difference between a coaching staff that adapts, changes with the times, and figures out ways to win on the road, while the other coaching staff wishes it was still 1998.

The announcing crew was so blatantly playing up the Gruden storyline, too. It was so bad. “His offense is really beating Wade Phillips’ D right now! He’s beating Wade! The man is back!!” *Carr immediately throws a pick in the end zone*

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

mcmagic posted:

Trust me. i'm happy.

whats that like

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ehud posted:

whats that like

Short lived but not bad.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Sad King Billy posted:

I saw two Lions preseason game somehow and they looked dreadful in both.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Docjowles posted:

The announcing crew was so blatantly playing up the Gruden storyline, too. It was so bad. “His offense is really beating Wade Phillips’ D right now! He’s beating Wade! The man is back!!” *Carr immediately throws a pick in the end zone*

I mean up until that point the Raiders Offense had looked great

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kalli posted:

Yeah, that Jags - Broncos game was pretty ridiculous as I recall and then against the Pats, the Jags kept fumbling the ball so it wasn't much of a contest and then the Pats got loving stomped on by Reggie White, holy god it was so depressing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbSxS8NYjWo

Some of the Broncos from that time still look shook.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
The Lions were just terrible. Matt Patricia just stood there in a daze the entire game not taking the pencil off his ear a single time.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also

Natrone Means owned

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Leon Einstein posted:

The Lions were just terrible. Matt Patricia just stood there in a daze the entire game not taking the pencil off his ear a single time.

That was the damning thing to me. He just stared and looked mad. The good coaches never run out of poo poo to do... They like, coach.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Randaconda posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbSxS8NYjWo

Some of the Broncos from that time still look shook.
kiss the rings binch

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cavallingus posted:

kiss the rings binch

Let us have this. :smithcloud:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://mobile.twitter.com/NFLResearch/status/1039385469681721344

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Week 1 Takeaway: Jon Gruden is still a huge fuckin loser lmao

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Tim Whatley posted:

"Gruden picks up where he left off"

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Tim Whatley posted:

For real though, why was he so red in that video? Does he have a condition?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Leon Einstein posted:

Maybe he's just a big supporter of brexit.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Cards: Bad, or really bad?

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Leon Einstein posted:

shame

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I doubt Gruden has this condition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are