Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Lesser Gods : near-to-mid future setting, revovling around the world's last-born. Humanity can no longer successfully reproduce and each successive cohort of governmentally managed births shrinks in number.
The final group is named after Titans, the so-called lesser Gods from the title. They're desperately trying to reproduce under the pressure of saving the human race.

All of this is background for a character driven mystery and drama. The last group of biologically viable humans are treated as celebrities, saviors in a world that swings between desperation, hope, and utter nihilism.

https://www.lessergodspodcast.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
I am in Eskew did something particularly unusual. Did you notice it? It is of the podcast but not solely within the podcast feed. You noticed it, but you don't remember noticing it.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

boo_radley posted:

I am in Eskew did something particularly unusual. Did you notice it? It is of the podcast but not solely within the podcast feed. You noticed it, but you don't remember noticing it.

I'm sure everyone in this thread has noticed it. Do they remember it?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

boo_radley posted:

Did you notice it? You noticed it, but you don't remember noticing it.

It’s Tanis. I’m Nic Silver. We’re telling the story of Tanis in order every 2 weeks. So, if you’re new to Tanis, you should go back and start at the beginning. We’ll try not to get too far ahead until you get back.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
driving home

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

boo_radley posted:

what

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Check the listing in your podcast player. Something should look off.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

New Leaf posted:

It’s Tanis. I’m Nic Silver. We’re telling the story of Tanis in order every 2 weeks. So, if you’re new to Tanis, you should go back and start at the beginning. We’ll try not to get too far ahead until you get back.

*screams in eskovian*

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Mokinokaro posted:

Check the listing in your podcast player. Something should look off.

Can we not play this game?

All looks right to me?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Len posted:

Can we not play this game?

All looks right to me?

Are you sure you've listened to all of them?

e: Does Eskew ever release two episodes with just a day apart?

Arrhythmia fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Sep 11, 2018

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Arrhythmia posted:

Are you sure you've listened to all of them?

I've listened to none of them. Is it something to do with episode descriptions?

I hate when goons play this game of "I know something you don't know"
:goonsay:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Len posted:

If you listened to none of them just listen to all of them and you won't miss a thing.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Len posted:

This gives it away: one of those "July" episodes didn't exist until today.

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

Mokinokaro posted:

I see the confusion now. That wasn't added today, it was added last week.

Another thing:

It appears the title of episode 8 has changed.

Ornamented Death fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Sep 11, 2018

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Whoa, thanks y'all. Is Respite the new one?

e: wait yep it is.

Montalvo fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Sep 11, 2018

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Mokinokaro posted:

Ah gotcha yeah I wouldn't have noticed since I haven't gotten to that one yet. Thank you for just saying what it is rather than playing a game.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Len posted:

Ah gotcha yeah I wouldn't have noticed since I haven't gotten to that one yet. Thank you for just saying what it is rather than playing a game.

Ditto, thanks for clearing it up Mokinokaro

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Holy gently caress do I not give a single good god drat about marvel please stop running your ads in every loving podcast I listen to

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Arrhythmia posted:

Holy gently caress do I not give a single good god drat about marvel please stop running your ads in every loving podcast I listen to

Have you listened to it? I haven't yet but it could be good. I don't particularly care about GE but the shows they bankrolled were good

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Len posted:

Have you listened to it? I haven't yet but it could be good. I don't particularly care about GE but the shows they bankrolled were good

No I haven't, I'm just salty about the ads. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Len posted:

The Wolverine podcast is paywalled, so no thanks.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Magnus Archives: I get the feeling he's not much longer for the show, but drat do I hope the rest of the season has Elias verbally murdering the cast, because gently caress last episode was so good.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Jurgan posted:

The Wolverine podcast is paywalled, so no thanks.

Is it? It just shows up in my podcast apps as a thing I can listen to

Edit: plus this

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug
I think all of it is done and can access if you pay but they are going to dole it out once a week kind of thing. I've listened to the first 2 episodes, interesting so far.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

So 'A New Winter' finally finished. :wtc: that was a shitshow. Did anyone else stick all the way through? It wasn't even hate listening it was just morbid curiosity with how will this guy make a story that makes sense he doesn't

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

This could be neat?

https://www.serialbox.com/serials/exquisitecorpse

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Arrhythmia posted:

Magnus Archives: I get the feeling he's not much longer for the show, but drat do I hope the rest of the season has Elias verbally murdering the cast, because gently caress last episode was so good.

I usually don't like Martin but I came out liking him after the episode. Elias dug up the worst thing he could to hit Melony and Martin, and while it destroyed Melony, Martin just cried for a minute and got on with his life.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Len posted:

Is it? It just shows up in my podcast apps as a thing I can listen to

Edit: plus this

Huh, I thought they said it was only through one of the pay services- Stitcher or Earwolf or something.

Hughlander posted:

So 'A New Winter' finally finished. :wtc: that was a shitshow. Did anyone else stick all the way through? It wasn't even hate listening it was just morbid curiosity with how will this guy make a story that makes sense he doesn't

Oh, wow, I hadn't thought about that in years. I remember really liking the first season, even though it was a pretty blatant Twin Peaks knockoff, but got bored of it somewhere in the second when they kept adding more and more weird poo poo. The main thing I remember hating was how every episode ended the same way: *Music gets really loud* "And then I saw something I couldn't deal with:" *Music goes silent* "A scary thing."

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

bbcisdabomb posted:

I usually don't like Martin but I came out liking him after the episode. Elias dug up the worst thing he could to hit Melony and Martin, and while it destroyed Melony, Martin just cried for a minute and got on with his life.

To be fair, what Melony got was loving abhorrent, painful and unfair. Martin got a sad fact but it wasn't really comparable.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Hughlander posted:

I stopped after season 1. What's the deal, generally?

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I stopped after season 1. What's the deal, generally?

Ok I’m going to try to do this from memory so it’s probably hysterically wrong but...

So his friend is killed and it’s weird. There’s a pedo priest and pedo S&M thing in town... He thinks he finds the guy who did it.
But that’s really the dad of another one of his friends... Who’s also into the S&M pedo thing...
Only wait his mom is dead and he’s having a break and his girlfriend is actually his sister.
And the dead girl is back (maybe it’s gf/sister that dies and comes back can’t remember)
And there’s some kind of evil monster at the house where everyone was killed and his picture is there.
Oh wait it’s a cult of people wearing animal masks and having orgies all the time.
Oh umm cannibal cult?
And there’s an evil lab under the town that has some kind of black slug monsters born from human women.
Oh and then he time travels back to the 60s.
And those slug monsters are clones of him
And there’s a mage tower that enables these spells.
And the Pedo S&M dude is immortal and is involved but not behind everything.
Oh and then we’ll have a final season that resells the entire story from the point of view of a minor character that was in seasons 2&3.
And at the end of the final season the Minor character kills the narrator who then explodes into black slime and absorbs the entire town people bodies and memories.
Pedo S&M dude is trying to live forever by splicing DNA from some evil spirit that’s been the town benefactor for the past 1500 years or so and S&M dude is probably 1500 years old as well. But it doesn’t quite work right.
And then the coda is that the last season was being narrated in the present day after the minor character was in a coma for the past 20 years who then ends with killing all the people outside the town.

So uhh yah. glad that was a podcasts about a series of murders that took place in the winter of 2000....

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Hughlander posted:

Ok I’m going to try to do this from memory so it’s probably hysterically wrong but...

So his friend is killed and it’s weird. There’s a pedo priest and pedo S&M thing in town... He thinks he finds the guy who did it.
But that’s really the dad of another one of his friends... Who’s also into the S&M pedo thing...
Only wait his mom is dead and he’s having a break and his girlfriend is actually his sister.
And the dead girl is back (maybe it’s gf/sister that dies and comes back can’t remember)
And there’s some kind of evil monster at the house where everyone was killed and his picture is there.
Oh wait it’s a cult of people wearing animal masks and having orgies all the time.
Oh umm cannibal cult?
And there’s an evil lab under the town that has some kind of black slug monsters born from human women.
Oh and then we’ll have a final season that resells the entire story from the point of view of a minor character that was in seasons 2&3.
And at the end of the final season the Minor character kills the narrator who then explodes into black slime and absorbs the entire town people bodies and memories.
Pedo S&M dude is trying to live forever by splicing DNA from some evil spirit that’s been the town benefactor for the past 1500 years or so and S&M dude is probably 1500 years old as well. But it doesn’t quite work right.
And then the coda is that the last season was being narrated in the present day after the minor character was in a coma for the past 20 years who then ends with killing all the people outside the town.

So uhh yah. glad that was a podcasts about a series of murders that took place in the winter of 2000....

Awesome. Podcast of the year.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Hughlander posted:

Oh umm cannibal cult?

Holy loving poo poo and IMO it started pretty strong. How is it even possible to get so far up one's own rear end in a top hat?

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Holy loving poo poo and IMO it started pretty strong. How is it even possible to get so far up one's own rear end in a top hat?

I assume it comes from starting with no real end in mind and just throwing in whatever seems shocking in the moment. Some people can make it work (Stephen King comes to mind), but if you have an ever-expanding lore you can easily end up not caring about the story itself. Also, the first season was pretty grounded in reality as I remember, and it’s risky to shift genres like that.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Sloth Life posted:

To be fair, what Melony got was loving abhorrent, painful and unfair. Martin got a sad fact but it wasn't really comparable.

Yeah, I got the impression that what Martin got was something that he had always known deep down. Wouldn't be surprised if he was outright expecting this to be what Elias dug up and thus volunteered to be the distraction since he could handle it.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Sep 17, 2018

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Look at you all with your deep analysis of Magnus while I'm here thinking "I thought her name was Melanie."

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

AceOfFlames posted:

Yeah, I got the impression that what Martin got was something that he had always known deep down. Wouldn't be surprised if he was outright expecting this to be what Elias dug up and thus volunteered to be the distraction since he could handle it.

I get the feeling that Martin is the kind of person who spends a lot of time sitting around thinking about his personal failings.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Arrhythmia posted:

I get the feeling that Martin is the kind of person who spends a lot of time sitting around thinking about his personal failings.

Man after my own heart.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Anyone listen to the onions true crime podcast "A very fatal murder"? It's pretty great

Harminoff fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Sep 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Montalvo posted:

Look at you all with your deep analysis of Magnus while I'm here thinking "I thought her name was Melanie."
https://www.acast.com/themagnusarchives/mag118-themasquerade

quote:

Performances:

"The Archivist" - Jonathan Sims
"Martin Blackwood" - Alexander J Newall
"Basira Hussain" - Frank Voss
"Alice 'Daisy' Tonner" - Fay Roberts
"Melanie King" - Lydia Nicholas
"Tim Stoker" - Mike LeBeau
"Elias Bouchard" - Ben Meredith
"Nicola Orsinov" - Jessica Law