Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Are you in a really dangerous area?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Plus
Jan 16, 2008

Ain't easy looking this eggstraordinary.

near raleigh's airport, the fema websites don't list it as a flood prone area, but this storm looks like it's making everything a flood prone area. i've been through some other hurricanes in florida and don't mind losing power, it's just the possible flooding that has me concerned now. job's letting me work from home the rest of the week at least so i have time to not illegally board up my windows :cool:

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Goodbye Carolinas

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Lol, the forecast just has it sitting there on the coast for hours before it decides to finally make a proper landfall and whip around the Carolinas.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Xelkelvos posted:

Lol, the forecast just has it sitting there on the coast for hours before it decides to finally make a proper landfall and whip around the Carolinas.

That's actually days my dude

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Aunt Flo coming to visit for a loooong weekend

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

Jonny 290 posted:

good news, the sun decided to have another enormous hissy fit so a lot of the shortwave communication often used for disaster relief efforts will be unusable

https://twitter.com/PBCSKYWARN/status/1039309882854395905

this exact same thing happened during maria and it was no fun

earth? wants us dead

sun? wants us dead

i hope the moon continues to be nice :(

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Feranon posted:

earth? wants us dead

sun? wants us dead

the moon was a result of something wanting earth dead

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Goodbye Carolinas

I lie how it smashes into the carolinas and then veers back into the atlantic, it'll reform and go for round 2

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I lie how it smashes into the carolinas and then veers back into the atlantic, it'll reform and go for round 2

there was an earlier forecast a few pages back that showed it sitting in that insanely warm water off the coast just long enough to power up into a cat 3 or so and slam into Jacksonville lmao

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

Sir Plus posted:

received another helpful email from my landlord informing us that "Boarding/Taping of windows from the outside is not permitted." :thunk:

for the record you should not tape your windows

twoday
May 4, 2005

Lastgirl posted:

RIP planet Theia, you’re our bitch now

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Goodbye Carolinas

Just a heads up that this probably won't happen, this model hasn't been great with this storm.

It will probably go inland a bit and then just sit there and dump rain and wind for like 2+ days

twoday
May 4, 2005

e: see below

twoday has issued a correction as of 17:26 on Sep 11, 2018

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

twoday
May 4, 2005

e: see below

twoday has issued a correction as of 17:26 on Sep 11, 2018

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

When is this thing hitting land

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.

Feranon posted:

earth? wants us dead

sun? wants us dead

We'll know the moon wants us dead if this thing hits at high tide.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.
It's supposed to land Thursday evening or Friday morning. Charlotte, and most of the inland areas, should see winds pick up Thursday morning. The coast is going to feel some pain as early as Wednesday morning. By Sunday there won't be much left of anything east of Raleigh.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
I was worried for a second there but the prophecy is about some city named San Fransisco, instead of the very similarly named but extant San Francisco.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

anonumos posted:

It's supposed to land Thursday evening or Friday morning. Charlotte, and most of the inland areas, should see winds pick up Thursday morning. The coast is going to feel some pain as early as Wednesday morning. By Sunday there won't be much left of anything east of Raleigh.

When is this drat storm landing? I hear Thursday and I hear Saturday. What's going on?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

bollig posted:

for the record you should not tape your windows

yep for real don't tape your windows

nail up a big sheet of OSB if you're concerned about wind/debris to keep the thing from shattering in the first place

but taping your windows just makes them more dangerous if they break because the shards will be much larger

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
are some people gonna die or what?

twoday
May 4, 2005

Deadly Hurricane Soundtrack:

Godspeed You! Black Emperor (Hurricane Florence 9-11 Youtube Prophet mashup)

(turn off prophecy clip after she says "Shalom.")

twoday has issued a correction as of 17:31 on Sep 11, 2018

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

https://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/radial_search.php?lat1=26.7&lon1=-65.3&uom=E&dist=250&ot=A&time=3

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Yinlock posted:

not being easily-distracted idiots, i assume

Well they didn't have liquor yet.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

anonumos posted:

but I'm really hoping that Florence will wipe Raleigh off the map and NC is forced to move the capital to Charlotte.

:chloe:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Martout posted:

are some people gonna die or what?

Absolutely.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

can't wait for a bunch of editorials about the nation coming together to support their fellow man and this is what america is all about as literally nothing is done and thousands die

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Martout posted:

can't wait for a bunch of editorials about the nation coming together to support their fellow man and this is what america is all about as literally nothing is done and thousands die

also none of those articles mentioning puerto rico

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Al! posted:

also none of those articles mentioning puerto rico

puerto what now?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

good news, the sun decided to have another enormous hissy fit so a lot of the shortwave communication often used for disaster relief efforts will be unusable

https://twitter.com/PBCSKYWARN/status/1039309882854395905

this exact same thing happened during maria and it was no fun

Florence and the (unusable) Machine

Lokar
Mar 10, 2006

or the poor communities around Texas, Huston

some people are still living in FEMA trailers because they can’t afford to repair their moldy homes

guess they will get kicked out and the trailers will go to Carolinas

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Is there precedent for evacuating an entire state?

The video that went with this also had another picture for flooding, and the entire state of NC was covered by 'catastrophic flooding' warning.

If it goes north, more Virginia and WV get completely flooded. South, then both Carolina's get demolished.

Lokar
Mar 10, 2006

https://twitter.com/ericholthaus/status/1039551505941127168?s=21

yeah this is Harvey again

I hope someone bets don jr to go swimming in radioactive coal ash pig poo poo flood water

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Lastgirl posted:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

My uncle who stayed behind in Wilmington (Leland) to look after my grandparents' house decided this morning to evacuate. He says it took 4 hours to drive up to Raleigh, there's no gas available anywhere, and hotels are expensive and most won't accept pets. So he decided to turn around and go home and ride out the storm. I hope he'll be OK.

Looks like wind gusts will be up to 150+ mph.

This is gonna be a wreck.

twoday
May 4, 2005

Isizzlehorn posted:

Is there precedent for evacuating an entire state?

The video that went with this also had another picture for flooding, and the entire state of NC was covered by 'catastrophic flooding' warning.

If it goes north, more Virginia and WV get completely flooded. South, then both Carolina's get demolished.

I'm worried the death count on this one might be really high, since the mountains will direct water out towards the sea and floods will hit people from the back who were already battered with wind from the front

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/PeterAlexander/status/1039552751406141440?s=19
RIP triple sulk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Martout posted:

the death toll will not exceed 100 :toxx:

cc: Logik, Cpt McClaine