Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Yea I had a period in middle school where I believed there was a good chance that George W was the literal Antichrist.

America is the land of million untreated mental cases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

Growwoworrrww

I heard the sound as I read that and giggled hysterically. Thank you for that.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Smeep posted:

For real, how does something like that happen to a person and how did you come back from crazy? That’s not a common progression.

Ironically the entire process has played out on these very forums over the past decade. (Seriously.) In my case my adoption of 9-11 truth was a combination of social isolation resulting from being raised in a cult, on top of untreated and undiagnosed schizophrenia, and a general lack of economic opportunities which I could use to pull myself out of my miserable situation.

I got out of it by hitting my personal rock bottom and winding up homeless, at which point I managed to get myself checked in to a residential facility that specialize in the treatment of individuals with my condition (Schizoaffective Disorder) who were homeless. The better part of a thousand hours of cognitive behavioral therapy and years of steady medication discipline have turned me into the moderately functioning adult that I am today.

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Sep 10, 2018

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Prester Jane posted:

Ironically the entire process has played out on these very forums over the past decade. (Seriously.) In my case my adoption of 9-11 truth was a combination of social isolation resulting from being raised in a cult, on top of untreated and undiagnosed schizophrenia, and a general lack of economic opportunities which I could use to pull myself out of my miserable situation.

I got out of it by heading my personal Rock Bottom in Wind you got all of us, at which point I managed to get myself checked in to a residential facility that specialize in the treatment of individuals with my condition (Schizoaffective Disorder) who were homeless. The better part of a thousand hours of cognitive behavioral therapy and years of steady medication discipline have turned me into the moderately functioning adult that I am today.

Wow thanks for answering. Have you written more extensively about that somewhere, or do you plan to?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So tomorrow is another ITS HAPPENING day. You see tomorrow is will be the 17th anniversary of 9/11. Q is the 17th letter in the alphabet. Right now in r/greatawakening 9/11 trutherism has been absorbed as being part of QAnon and they expect some big drops tomorrow to finally reveal the deep state as well as the fact that Bush did 9/11. And just so happens to be sheer coincidence SerialBrain2 has popped back up with a bunch of words and an infographic to explain Trump's “TREASON?” Tweet as if to preemptively head off disappointment when nothing happens tomorrow so Q loyalty isn’t shaken

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Dr. VooDoo posted:

So tomorrow is another ITS HAPPENING day. You see tomorrow is will be the 17th anniversary of 9/11. Q is the 17th letter in the alphabet. Right now in r/greatawakening 9/11 trutherism has been absorbed as being part of QAnon and they expect some big drops tomorrow to finally reveal the deep state as well as the fact that Bush did 9/11. And just so happens to be sheer coincidence SerialBrain2 has popped back up with a bunch of words and an infographic to explain Trump's “TREASON?” Tweet as if to preemptively head off disappointment when nothing happens tomorrow so Q loyalty isn’t shaken

Holy poo poo those are some impressive mental gymnastics. There are some doubters even on Reddit. Anyway, check out this great reply:

quote:

Treason! I knew it! :D

I have thought about it for a while, because I thought that this is multi-layered and arouses your interest and I am very happy that you write about it. I am very curious...

Unfortunately I can't right now, I'm on my way. I'm looking forward to it tonight!

If I'm reading this right it's straight-up "this thing I haven't even read yet confirms all of my assumptions"

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Smeep posted:

Wow thanks for answering. Have you written more extensively about that somewhere, or do you plan to?

I have written a number of threads about various aspects of that topic over the years, they are kind of spread out here and there though. The best go to source would probably be: Decoding Trumpism: a cult survivor explains how the GOP became a death cult.

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Sep 10, 2018

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

PJ's "Accelerated Christian Education" Thread is also a deeply disturbing read if you feel like you can stomach it.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Goon Danton posted:

PJ's "Accelerated Christian Education" Thread is also a deeply disturbing read if you feel like you can stomach it.

This is extremely good.

I got a year or two of it in the early years of elementary school, thankfully not enough to cause any permanent damage as far as I can tell.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

Goon Danton posted:

Holy hell.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
So can we assume any of Trumps tweets about the incoming hurricane are really about a different 'storm'?

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Sex Robot posted:

Holy hell.

FYI the political force behind Accelerated Christian Education is a group called Council for National Policy, basically a shadowy Illuminati-style group that is at the heart of the Religious Right and far-right conservative politics in general. (It was founded by literally the same people as ALEC). The Council for National Policy are the individuals directly responsible for the installation of Betsy DeVos as Secretary of Education and are helping her remake American Education in the image of Accelerated Christian Education.

Washington Post posted:

A policy manifesto from an influential conservative group with ties to the Trump administration, including Education Secretary Betsy DeVos, urges the dismantling of the Education Department and bringing God into American classrooms.

The five-page document produced by the Council for National Policy calls for a “restoration of education in America” that would minimize the federal role, promote religious schools and home schooling and enshrine “historic Judeo-Christian principles” as a basis for instruction.

Names of the council’s members are closely held. But the Southern Poverty Law Center published a 2014 membership directory showing that Stephen K. Bannon — now chief White House strategist for President Trump — was a member and that Kellyanne Conway — now counselor to the president — served on the council’s executive committee.

DeVos was not listed as a member, but her mother, Elsa Prince Broekhuizen, was named on the council’s board of governors. Her father-in-law, Amway founder Richard DeVos Sr., twice served as president, most recently from 1990 to 1993. And she and her husband have given money to the council as recently as 2007 through their family foundation, according to federal tax records.

The council’s “Education Reform Report” says it is intended to help DeVos and Trump map a path toward change. The proposal to abolish the department dovetails with the long-held views of many Republicans, and Trump suggested during the 2016 campaign that the agency could be “largely eliminated.” But Trump has given no sign since taking office that he aims to act on that idea, and DeVos embraced the mission of the department when she took office last week.

Accelerated Christian Education is literally a glimpse into the future of Education in America if the Council for National Policy is not exposed and removed from Power by whatever means necessary.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

There's one in my city :stare:

SaturdayKnight
Mar 31, 2011

Holy poo poo, I went to one of those when I was younger. My parents sent me there, but pulled me out around 3rd grade when they realized I was learning almost nothing. I even had that bullshit "two blanks but you but the right answers in the wrong blanks so its 100% wrong" experience. Ugh.

I just thought it was a weird teaching method, I had no idea I was being indoctrinated like that...

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

SaturdayKnight posted:

Holy poo poo, I went to one of those when I was younger. My parents sent me there, but pulled me out around 3rd grade when they realized I was learning almost nothing. I even had that bullshit "two blanks but you but the right answers in the wrong blanks so its 100% wrong" experience. Ugh.

I just thought it was a weird teaching method, I had no idea I was being indoctrinated like that...

I love those, where if you can't EXACTLY regurgitate facts you fail. It's up there with giving a correct answer in a short essay but because it's not the one the teacher wanted you to learn you get a 0

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

SerialBrain2 posted:

change the M in MAESTRO to N, rearrange the anagram and you get TREASON! Coincidence? Remember, the substitution between and M and N is not arbitrary, it comes from Trump’s pronunciation at the rally AND the reference to music, chord and MAESTRO. The links are therefore solid and confirmed…

Holy hell.

I can see why SerialBrain sometimes takes a while between posts. I mean this isn't just rambling poo poo spewing. Well I mean it is, but it would take some time to craft. Anagrams! It's a lot of effort if he's just a shitposter. The again the rewards of watching these chump chow down might be worth it

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i was homeschooled until i was 15 under a less horrifying but still p dumb+bad regimen and let me tell you

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

I love those, where if you can't EXACTLY regurgitate facts you fail. It's up there with giving a correct answer in a short essay but because it's not the one the teacher wanted you to learn you get a 0

It's the banking model of education taken to its ultimate extreme. No actual thinking at any time, just call and response.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
they dont care if you learn the thing youre allegedly learning, its all about the mindset

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
The qult is writing fanfiction. Here's a Trump tweet that they've transformed. 350 points on Reddit.

quote:

The Storms [STORM] in the Atlantic are very dangerous [DECLASS OF FISA WILL OVERTURN POLITE SOCIETY MAKING LIFE IN AMERICA TEMPORARILY CHAOTIC AND UNSTABLE]. We encourage anyone in the path of these storms [ALL AMERICANS] to prepare themselves and to heed the warnings of State and Local officials [NATIONAL PREPAREDNESS]. The Federal Government is closely monitoring [THE TRAITORS] and ready to assist [PROSECUTE/EXECUTE]. We are with you! [PATRIOTS]

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

McGlockenshire posted:

The qult is writing fanfiction. Here's a Trump tweet that they've transformed. 350 points on Reddit.

That poo poo reads like an especially dumb SCP.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i just hope theyre spending all their time doing this dumb jackass poo poo and not actually putting in any effort to prepare for the second war of northern aggression they want so bad

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

McGlockenshire posted:

It’s great that literal impending hurricanes are now being interpreted as deep cover Q bait. We’re in a healthy place as a society.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
These people sound like Adam West and Burt Ward working out a Riddler puzzle.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Flip Yr Wig posted:

If I understand correctly, the cops have checked on her a few times, so she isn't literally dead, just trapped in a particularly hellish prison that she won't admit she's in.

The cops in Clearwater are basically on the payroll of Scientology and iirc are the oens who keep going no she's fine don't worry about it

And she vanished after starting to undermine her husband's authority and pushback against some of the more insane authoritarian poo poo he was doing

She dead

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Sep 11, 2018

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Don Gato posted:

That poo poo reads like an especially dumb SCP.

Not enough katanas.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

The cops in Clearwater are basically on the payroll of Scientology and iirc are the oens who keep going no she's fine don't worry about it

And she vanished after starting to undermine her husband's authority and pushback against some of the more insane authoritarian poo poo he was doing

She dead

The LAPD has also checked on her. She's not dead.

She is definitely in a creepy cult murder prison thing though. Probably the kind where you can technically leave and aren't locked up but are abused and monitored enough you can't actually do that.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

BiggerBoat posted:

These people sound like Adam West and Burt Ward working out a Riddler puzzle.

“Chicago very unsafe...MURDERS there. Will restore ORDER.’ Golly, what could he mean? Chicago...of course! He means black people!”

“Right chum, he’s no doubt preparing kill squads right now. Get out hoods!”

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Oh right, today's supposed to be the big day.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1039498334594052096

quote:

quote:

gently caress... this is the most direct reference yet
The 17th letter in the Alphabet is Q! How many coincidences do you need before you believe?

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Sep 11, 2018

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

I like the idea that Q could have moved against the cabal at any time, but wanted to wait for exactly 17 years in order to impart secret numerological reassurance to idiots on the internet

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

I'm always slighlty surprised sentences like that get past the internal filter.

We need a "Are we the baddies?" emote

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

It's the right wing version of talking about gulags.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
When Obama says Hope and Change, it really mean Hope [Hicks] in [Chains]

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

VitalSigns posted:

I like the idea that Q could have moved against the cabal at any time, but wanted to wait for exactly 17 years in order to impart secret numerological reassurance to idiots on the internet

There's a guy in my old neighborhood who would sells books for $2-$4 on the sidewalk (pretty good selection of em too) and he had plenty of opinions to share on conspiracy topics like this one. I remember his explanation for why the Illuminati is always enacting specific events on particular dates is because all their public actions are also magickal rituals being performed in plain sight and the numerology is part of that. A seemingly random event like a plane crash was actually a mass sacrificial ritual carried out in plain site according to occult dates and procedures.

If they haven't already then I wouldn't be shocked to see the Qult cross pollinating with some of the more outright occult conspiracy theories about the ruling elite all communing with demonic machine elves via DMT and how the Large Hadron Collider is a globalist plot designed to open a portal to Hell.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Helsing posted:

If they haven't already then I wouldn't be shocked to see the Qult cross pollinating with some of the more outright occult conspiracy theories about the ruling elite all communing with demonic machine elves via DMT and how the Large Hadron Collider is a globalist plot designed to open a portal to Hell.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
I'm a little surprised that we don't see more Chaos Magick aspects to the theories given how often I see redditors mention it elsewhere. Although Satanism is probably an easier sell to the boomers.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Helsing posted:

There's a guy in my old neighborhood who would sells books for $2-$4 on the sidewalk (pretty good selection of em too) and he had plenty of opinions to share on conspiracy topics like this one. I remember his explanation for why the Illuminati is always enacting specific events on particular dates is because all their public actions are also magickal rituals being performed in plain sight and the numerology is part of that. A seemingly random event like a plane crash was actually a mass sacrificial ritual carried out in plain site according to occult dates and procedures.

Ohhhh I see. Because the whitehats have Q clearance/call themselves Q/whatever then for numerological reasons a 17-year ritual was necessary to defeat the satanic cabal. These aren't coded messages to us, they're evidence of the spiritual battle being waged in plain sight if we know how to look for the signs.

That's actually....more reasonable than the belief that the Illuminati drops hints everywhere just to flaunt their power? Like it's still batshit crazy but if you believe in magic spells and demonic rituals already, "Q had to wait 17 years for the ritual to work/the Federal Reserve had to hide pictures of the 9-11 attacks on all the money for a century for the sympathetic magic to work" is a much more plausible motivation than the most powerful people in the world revealing their secret plans by sending coded messages to random idiots on the street for no gain.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

VitalSigns posted:

Ohhhh I see. Because the whitehats have Q clearance/call themselves Q/whatever then for numerological reasons a 17-year ritual was necessary to defeat the satanic cabal. These aren't coded messages to us, they're evidence of the spiritual battle being waged in plain sight if we know how to look for the signs.

That's actually....more reasonable than the belief that the Illuminati drops hints everywhere just to flaunt their power? Like it's still batshit crazy but if you believe in magic spells and demonic rituals already, "Q had to wait 17 years for the ritual to work/the Federal Reserve had to hide pictures of the 9-11 attacks on all the money for a century for the sympathetic magic to work" is a much more plausible motivation than the most powerful people in the world revealing their secret plans by sending coded messages to random idiots on the street for no gain.

That's exactly what I was thinking. The original version of the 'let's find the occult numerology behind the dating of modern events' is totally insane but it hangs together in a coherent way once you accept the premise that the global elite are practitioners of ritual magick.

The Qult adopted the same style of belief - either coincidentally, or through direct copying - but put it into a context where it makes no sense even on its own terms. I think the whole 'turn the media into a giant ARG' aspect of it is just irresistible for these people even in a context where there's no reason why anyone involved would actually care about numerology.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I thought the gain was to taunt them, that is, the conspiracy theorist, personally. Its like a movie villain who lectures the hero about their motie and plan instead of not doing that. Because all of this conspiracy bullshit is just the product of people who have never been able to accept they aren't the protagonist of a movie.