Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Half PPR league, 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLX/1DST

QB: Kirk Cousins
RB: Jay Ajayi, Todd Gurley, Adrian Peterson, Carlos Hyde, Tarik Cohen
WR: AJ Green, Emmanuel Sanders, Stefon Diggs, Alshon Jeffery, John Brown, Kenny Golladay
TE: Tyler Eifert

So my opponent rejected my offer of John Brown and Tarik Cohen for Josh Gordon. She countered with two offers:

1. Send Carlos Hyde and Kenny Golladay to received Josh Gordon.
2. Send Stefon Diggs and Kenny Golladay to receive Josh Gordon and Cooper Kupp.

I already rejected the second trade outright; Golladay looked great against the Jets in spite of Stafford looking terrible, and Hyde is a serviceable RB2. I'm wondering if there are any alternatives I should trade. So I have some questions:

1. Do I even need Josh Gordon? I feel like he's a good player to have on my team since I'm not required to start him and yet if he shows upside it would be a great option.

2. If I can use Josh Gordon, who should I target to sell?

3. I'm hoping to grab George Kittle or Jared Cook off the waiver wire. In that case would you drop Tyler Eifert, or drop Tarik Cohen and stash both?

I'd hold tight and drop Cohen for Kittle to add depth.

thrawn527 posted:

How worried should I be about Philly defense this week @TB? They did well week 1, but TB destroyed New Orleans defense last week, so I don't like the matchup.

Usually I stream defenses, but I was thinking about trying to stick it out with a team for a little while this year. Week 2 already has me nervous and rethinking that, though.

What are your options?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

RisqueBarber posted:

I'd hold tight and drop Cohen for Kittle to add depth.

What are your options?

I edited the post, but Dallas @ NYG, Chicago vs. Sea, and NYJ @ Mia.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'm sorry but this is a pretty amazing series of assumptions. It's just as easy to explain that Kittle's role is a function of the chemistry that he and Jimmy G have developed combined with an offensive scheme that loves athletic tight ends, there's no guarantee that AP will degrade (just look at Frank Gore), and I'm not convinced that Ertz is an absolute upgrade given the change in offensive coordinator for Philadelphia.

Haha, thank you. At this point in the year assumptions are all we've really got. These are great points you make, however, and very valid.

I think much still remains to be seen from the 49ers, so that Ertz is a safer bet going forward. I don't disagree with Kittle's upside. But Ertz has upside as well without the risky floor, in my opinion. I favor security so naturally when comparing Ertz to Kittle, I like Ertz. Both had 9 and 10 targets respectively, I feel more comfortable guessing Ertz is more likely to reach that number weekly than Kittle.

Peterson was good for 4 of his 7 games last year, which I'd wager is more successful then he'll be this year. But with a competent quarterback behind center, maybe teams won't be able to stack the box like last year against Az. Who knows.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

thrawn527 posted:

I edited the post, but Dallas @ NYG, Chicago vs. Sea, and NYJ @ Mia.

I think I'd start Chicago:

"Seattle allowed six sacks in the first contest of the season. The Seahawks had a hard time blocking, and I doubt that is going to get any better in this next week. Khalil Mack is such an incredible addition to the Bears’ defense. They will be playing Monday Night Football in Chicago, so they’ll have that home-field advantage working in their favor. Seattle wide receiver Doug Baldwin is sure to be absent from the game due to a knee injury which would be detrimental to the Seahawks."

RisqueBarber fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Sep 11, 2018

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Fitzmagic isn't going to be able to stand that pass rush. I'm sure he'll get a couple of balls down the field. But, he's gonna come back down to Earth pretty fast this week.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

RisqueBarber posted:

"Seattle allowed six sacks in the first contest of the season. The Seahawks had a hard time blocking, and I doubt that is going to get any better in this next week. Khalil Mack is such an incredible addition to the Bears’ defense. They will be playing Monday Night Football in Chicago, so they’ll have that home-field advantage working in their favor. Seattle wide receiver Doug Baldwin is sure to be absent from the game due to a knee injury which would be detrimental to the Seahawks."

Worth dropping Philly and going back to streaming? Or just as a plug and play this week before going back to Philly?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

So the Zeke owner in my big money dynasty league is looking to trade him because he's loaded at running back and has a very hefty contract. He is looking for a cheap, cost controlled quarterback and some depth moves. My team is all cheap contracts, so I'm confident I could hold him for two years and it'd only probably cost me Dion Lewis, Baker Mayfield and an additional player.

It also means I get to trot out Zeke and Kamara at running back the rest of the year. Should I be concerned with how bad the Cowboys looked week one or do I swing for the fences to win a championship this year?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Deion Jones no :negative:

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

thrawn527 posted:

Worth dropping Philly and going back to streaming? Or just as a plug and play this week before going back to Philly?

Sorry, I read your post wrong and thought you had New Orleans defense. I wouldn't drop Philly at this point. They were so good last year and I imagine they'll be fine versus the Bucs.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Nobody ever won betting on Ryan Fitzpatrick. I'm rolling out Philly with confidence.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
I drafted Bell 1.1 in my BML. They just removed him from the Steelers depth chart. It's going to be a long, cold winter.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
So I guess I can definitely drop Falcons D/ST now.

Who should I pick up?

Dolphins @ NYJ
Bengals vs. Bal
Jets vs. Mia
Cowboys vs. NYG

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

RisqueBarber posted:

Sorry, I read your post wrong and thought you had New Orleans defense. I wouldn't drop Philly at this point. They were so good last year and I imagine they'll be fine versus the Bucs.

Alright, cool, thanks.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Who would you rather have long term in non-PPR

TJ Yeldon
Chris Thompson
Phillip Linsday

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

thrawn527 posted:

How worried should I be about Philly defense this week @TB? They did well week 1, but TB destroyed New Orleans defense last week, so I don't like the matchup.

Usually I stream defenses, but I was thinking about trying to stick it out with a team for a little while this year. Week 2 already has me nervous and rethinking that, though.

edit: I should notice Dallas vs. NYG is available.

I wouldn't be worried. Philadelphia is pretty terrifying.

decypher posted:

Haha, thank you. At this point in the year assumptions are all we've really got. These are great points you make, however, and very valid.

I think much still remains to be seen from the 49ers, so that Ertz is a safer bet going forward. I don't disagree with Kittle's upside. But Ertz has upside as well without the risky floor, in my opinion. I favor security so naturally when comparing Ertz to Kittle, I like Ertz. Both had 9 and 10 targets respectively, I feel more comfortable guessing Ertz is more likely to reach that number weekly than Kittle.

Peterson was good for 4 of his 7 games last year, which I'd wager is more successful then he'll be this year. But with a competent quarterback behind center, maybe teams won't be able to stack the box like last year against Az. Who knows.

Fantasy Football 2017: Assumptions are all we've really got.

I wonder how much of Ertz's upside comes from his talent, and how much comes from how he was used last year. He's been in the league since 2013 but his stats have been relatively stable over the last four years with between 700 and 800 yards receiving. What changed was his touchdowns; 8 last year as opposed to no more than 4 every year before that. If Philadelphia's offense regresses then Ertz might not be all that special. Before this year he was drafted much later.

Age is a concern with Peterson, sure. But he's also a genetic freak and more importantly opponents can't stack the box because Washington has a diverse array of receiving threats and a far better offensive line than Arizona. Washington also has a pretty impressive receiving threat with Thompson, and Gruden has a history of using two backs when he was in Cincinnati. More importantly Washington looks to be HEAVILY utilizing the run this year. Gruden was notorious for using the run more than others last year, and now he has a threat who (if he stays healthy) is far better than his predecessors.

Basically I'm balancing the upside of Peterson being a useful RB2 with Ertz actually being a better TE than Kittle. I prefer the former.

RisqueBarber posted:

If I didn't already have Denver facing Carr I'd probably look towards Chicago, who could easily be the #1 DST this year. OTOH Bears get Seattle followed by Arizona. Yeeeesh.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Kloaked00 posted:

Who would you rather have long term in non-PPR

TJ Yeldon
Chris Thompson
Phillip Linsday

Thompson.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

pubic works project posted:

So I guess I can definitely drop Falcons D/ST now.

Who should I pick up?

Dolphins @ NYJ
Bengals vs. Bal
Jets vs. Mia
Cowboys vs. NYG

Jets. I'm not sure if they're good or Detroit sucks but I don't think Miami is any better than Detroit.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
How much do we value 1st round rookie draft picks in a Super Flex league?

Guy is offering me Julio Jones for Derek Carr + my 1st round. Would leave me Wentz, Rivers, Bridgewater, Geno Smith. Buuuuut, I'd have to basically trade Zach Ertz for draft picks to clear the salary space for Julio.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Spoeank posted:

Deion Jones no :negative:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Jets. I'm not sure if they're good or Detroit sucks but I don't think Miami is any better than Detroit.

Detroit apparently didn't change their offensive signals from last year so the Jets knew every single play call. It could be a very bad year for Detroit if they can't get that fixed asap. However, it also means there should be a pretty large asterisk after the Jet's week one DST performance.

Also, like everyone else, I've got a TE problem in my dynasty league. Olsen outperformed his injury expectations for the year already, and the two others I scraped out of our league's waiver wasteland over the summer (Luke Wilson and Nick Vannett) combined for like 2 targets, so I need to do something.

Options: Ridiculously overpay for either Kittle or Dissly, or throw lots of money at Luke Stocker or Nick Boyle or Neal Sterling. Kittle is owned by the probable favorite to win and I'm probably his biggest competition this year so I don't see what his motivation to trade with me would be barring something that would cripple me (I'm sure a first round pick wouldn't get it done). Dissly is owned by a team that's a garbage fire and he's likely a flex start going forward, so there might be some room there for either him or Reed, but my expendable RBs/WRs didn't do anything to help their trade value week one.

Overall locking in a TE that will solve my problem going forward would be nice, do people think Dissly is worth making a strong push toward (i.e. has the potential to be top 5 or so going forward), or just grab someone that's going to get me 5-8 points and not trade the future away? (are there any TE's coming out next year that are worth talking about?)

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Bennie Fowler is a Patriot.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Bennie Fowler is a Patriot.

He worth picking up? His career stats aren't all that impressive, and he couldn't even crack the Bears' roster

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Azhais posted:

He worth picking up? His career stats aren't all that impressive, and he couldn't even crack the Bears' roster

Personally, I don't see a chance that the guy picked up as a receiver today has a shot of being useful anytime soon. I guess maybe if he already has some familiarity with how the Pats offense is run or something, but it seems like he'd take a bit to get up to speed and is more likely to be cut for next week's hot pickup than be valuable.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

89 posted:

How much do we value 1st round rookie draft picks in a Super Flex league?

Guy is offering me Julio Jones for Derek Carr + my 1st round. Would leave me Wentz, Rivers, Bridgewater, Geno Smith. Buuuuut, I'd have to basically trade Zach Ertz for draft picks to clear the salary space for Julio.

It leaves you with Wentz and Rivers which is nice combo but no backup.

As much as I’d want to do that trade, I’d make him take some cap back so you aren’t giving up Ertz.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
Is Stafford worth holding on to? His bad night being the result of the play calling issue means he could still produce if they can fix it, but if the issue is the system then he could also be screwed for the entire season. I got him for a buck in both of my auction leagues, but the replacement options are guys like Handsome Jimmy, Keenum, Tyrod, Goff, Fitzpatrick, and in one league, Alex Smith.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Alfalfa posted:

It leaves you with Wentz and Rivers which is nice combo but no backup.

As much as I’d want to do that trade, I’d make him take some cap back so you aren’t giving up Ertz.

I want to do it, bad. It's just that it leaves me $130 over the cap once I activate Wentz. I'm already studs & duds hardcore as is. Couldn't fit Julio unless I salary dumped Mike Evans, TY, Melvin Gordon, or Jordan Howard or Zach Ertz on someone.

Ertz and Julio scored the same points in this format last year. Gordon would be the biggest candidate at $157 (shoots to $172 next year with the 10% annual increase). I just hate getting rid of my RB1. I do have Ekeler I could start.

I know dynasty values WRs over RBs. But, Gordon is still pretty young at 25, Julio at 29

89 fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Sep 11, 2018

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

yourdadsbestfriend posted:

Is Stafford worth holding on to? His bad night being the result of the play calling issue means he could still produce if they can fix it, but if the issue is the system then he could also be screwed for the entire season. I got him for a buck in both of my auction leagues, but the replacement options are guys like Handsome Jimmy, Keenum, Tyrod, Goff, Fitzpatrick, and in one league, Alex Smith.

I've got Stafford in a 2 QB league and I'm thinking I might roll out Goff this week just to see if Stafford can get right or not.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Don't panic on Stafford yet. It's one game.

Sataere posted:

So the Zeke owner in my big money dynasty league is looking to trade him because he's loaded at running back and has a very hefty contract. He is looking for a cheap, cost controlled quarterback and some depth moves. My team is all cheap contracts, so I'm confident I could hold him for two years and it'd only probably cost me Dion Lewis, Baker Mayfield and an additional player.

It also means I get to trot out Zeke and Kamara at running back the rest of the year. Should I be concerned with how bad the Cowboys looked week one or do I swing for the fences to win a championship this year?

A little help, guys. Do you think Zeke is worth a one or two year rental in dynasty for a championship run, even though it will hurt my ability to make any other moves this year?

I feel like this is a no brainer, but it feels like too good a proposal to be true, so I'm over analyzing it.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Sataere posted:

Don't panic on Stafford yet. It's one game.

A little help, guys. Do you think Zeke is worth a one or two year rental in dynasty for a championship run, even though it will hurt my ability to make any other moves this year?

I feel like this is a no brainer, but it feels like too good a proposal to be true, so I'm over analyzing it.

Post your roster

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Given the roster I posted above, would you make a trade for Baldwin?

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Do his knees work?

E: to add, that team is so good I doubt you even need to set a lineup.

Ayudo fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Sep 11, 2018

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Gobias Ind. posted:

Keep Doyle and grab Yeldon.

Thanks! Would you stick with Doyle because he seemed to have a solid year last year with poo poo quarterbacks and having Luck back should help? The only thing that concerned me was seeing how much Ebron was used in the passing game.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

MrSargent posted:

Thanks! Would you stick with Doyle because he seemed to have a solid year last year with poo poo quarterbacks and having Luck back should help? The only thing that concerned me was seeing how much Ebron was used in the passing game.

Ebron ended up with a nice line but Doyle clearly outsnapped and out-routed him. Plus yeah, Luck looked good.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Ben Nevis posted:

I've got Stafford in a 2 QB league and I'm thinking I might roll out Goff this week just to see if Stafford can get right or not.

I think that’s a fair plan. Goff and the offense are likely to take off at some point this year.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Doesn’t matter what the roster is. If it’s redraft then I say no trading for Baldwin period (this week).

In week 3-6 when he might come back after the bye and be available in week 8 you can get him for the same price, even less, or if you aren’t contending then it doesn’t matter.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
.5 ppr, 0-1, first waiver priority

Would you:

A: Offer your Ekeler for his Kittle, with Kittle being depth (for Engram)?

or

B: Drop Ekeler or RSJ for either Phillip Lindsay/Jared Cook, Dissly or Ebron?

My RBs are Hunt, Collins, Crowell, Mark Ingram, and Burkhead. Neither Ekeler nor Lindsay would be likely to start for me any week.

I’m hesitant to even consider the aforementioned TEs as league-winners but now is the time to pounce on these guys, if there’s a chance.

I can’t drop RSJ for Lindsay because of roster limits.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Suave Fedora posted:

.5 ppr, 0-1, first waiver priority

Would you:

A: Offer your Ekeler for his Kittle, with Kittle being depth (for Engram)?

or

B: Drop Ekeler or RSJ for either Phillip Lindsay/Jared Cook, Dissly or Ebron?

My RBs are Hunt, Collins, Crowell, Mark Ingram, and Burkhead. Neither Ekeler nor Lindsay would be likely to start for me any week.

I’m hesitant to even consider the aforementioned TEs as league-winners but now is the time to pounce on these guys, if there’s a chance.

I can’t drop RSJ for Lindsay because of roster limits.

I’d offer Ekeler for Kittle in a heart beat. A RB5 for a TE2 who might creep into TE1 conversation is a solid trade.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Alfalfa posted:

Post your roster

QB - Luck, Carr, Smith, Mayfield
RB - Kamara, Henry, D. Lewis, Hyde, Burkhead
QR - Diggs, ARob, Watkins, Godwin, Golladay, Fuller, J. Washington
TE - Ebron, Eifert, Goedert

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

coronaball posted:

So apparently you can put an "Out" player in the IR spot on Yahoo? That's not what I wanted when I added the IR spot, I only wanted it for players on the actual IR. Is there a way to turn that off? I need to figure this out for the Olson owners in my leagues.

Related to this. I set up some waiver adds earlier today with FAAB. But when I put in a new waiver add a few minutes ago, it warned me that I couldn't because Wentz went from Out to Doubtful (so no longer eligible for the IR slot), and I needed to move him out of IR. This matters because I'm guessing the waivers I set up this morning would not have processed tonight if I had left Wentz in that IR slot. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) This is my first league with an IR slot, so this may be a known thing, but it wasn't obvious to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I’d suggest caution about Dissly.

Also, I’m on yahoo with Bell, but I can’t seem to put him in an IR slot on mobile. Anybody else have this issue?