Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Daily motivation...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Say Nothing posted:

Daily motivation...

He just wants to impress daddy Putin

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

I need to get some more pre-workout. I don't know about you guys, but I don't have as much fun without stupid amounts of caffeine and 20,000% of my RDA of vitamin B12 clanging around in my bloodstream during a workout. Any recommendations?

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Cosmik Slop posted:

I need to get some more pre-workout. I don't know about you guys, but I don't have as much fun without stupid amounts of caffeine and 20,000% of my RDA of vitamin B12 clanging around in my bloodstream during a workout. Any recommendations?

Just get caffeine pills then

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

What does B12 do?

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

dads friend steve posted:

What does B12 do?

Increased energy production or some poo poo. Or at least that's the tagline. (Probably nothing you couldn't already do with a healthy diet).

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Gym fail of the day...

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
count it

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
RPE 11

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Say Nothing posted:

Gym fail of the day...

Very
Good

Do what you must to get that weight up, that’s how you get them gainz

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Thats how all my squat reps are gonna look if i make it past the age of 50

Dong Quixote
Oct 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Cosmik Slop posted:

Increased energy production or some poo poo. Or at least that's the tagline. (Probably nothing you couldn't already do with a healthy diet).

Vitamin B12 is basically a helper vitamin that you need to effectively make new DNA and to break down some nutrients that eventually give you energy. You already get something like 500% of your RDA from an unhealthy standard western diet, and your liver carries a store of literally 2-3 years worth.

People who are likely to benefit from supplemental B12 tend to either eat a diet incompatible with human life (i.e. being a vegan or having chronic terrible access to basic food), or have a problem absorbing it in their gut from an autoimmune disease, a mysterious tropical condition (Tropical Sprue), or had their stomach removed.

Metabolically you probably don't need it, won't benefit from it, and all of it probably goes directly to the toilet shortly after you take it.

DoubleT2172 posted:

Just get caffeine pills then

This is the right answer, but it definitely isn't the most fun answer which is find an old container of Jack3d with the DMAA still in it. Those were the days... back when we could buy stuff OTC that actually worked. Then of course some young soldiers blew out their hearts with it by taking it before cardio, and the rest is history. Now all we're left with is getting enough sleep, a good diet, a proper helping of coffee, and a sprinkle of creatine :(

Dong Quixote fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Sep 10, 2018

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

There's some evidence that people who take high dose B6/B12 supplements for a long time are at a higher risk for lung cancer, but nothing showing a causal link yet. If you're going to supplement, maybe don't go for the highest dose possible.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I heard nicotine gum is a good pre-workout.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

nooneofconsequence posted:

I heard nicotine gum is a good pre-workout.

i turn my vape up to 150 watts and rip it before every deadlift along with sniffing my ammonia

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Gotta work on my arch.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Today I found out about a cool lady named Dana Linn Bailey, who very kindly uploaded a back day workout to try:

https://danalinnbailey.com/blogs/dlb-blog/back-day-full-workout

It seemed like a lot of volume. By the end my forearms had such a pump I thought they were going to pop off and scuttle around the room à la "The Thing".

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Cosmik Slop posted:

Today I found out about a cool lady named Dana Linn Bailey, who very kindly uploaded a back day workout to try:

https://danalinnbailey.com/blogs/dlb-blog/back-day-full-workout

It seemed like a lot of volume. By the end my forearms had such a pump I thought they were going to pop off and scuttle around the room à la "The Thing".

Is she natty?

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
That’s a ridiculous amount of volume.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

feelix posted:

Is she natty?

I dunno. It looks like she's claimed to be, but people seem skeptical as hell.

Anti-Hero posted:

That’s a ridiculous amount of volume.

OK so it wasn't just me. I felt like I had grown a drat beard 3/5ths of the way through it.

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Just the 5x10-15 deadlift at 75% 1rm would gas me lol

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Cosmik Slop posted:

I dunno. It looks like she's claimed to be, but people seem skeptical as hell.

This might be the dumbest question I have ever asked but don’t competitions test?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Just the 5x10-15 deadlift at 75% 1rm would gas me lol

lmao 50-75 reps at 405 yeah thanks no

VorpalFish
Mar 22, 2007
reasonably awesometm

This might be the dumbest question I have ever asked but don’t competitions test?

Unless there's random out of competition testing with no notice and limited time to comply, it's about as good as asking a magic 8 ball.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Say Nothing posted:

Gym fail of the day...

jesus loving christ my spine is aching just watching this

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Today I lift for :911:.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

I believe there are specific federations that don’t test at all.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
I'm sure Dana Linn Bailey competes in bodybuilding and/or powerlifting to some extent but I'm under the impression that she's mainly a media personality, not a competitive athlete

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

I mean she won the Women's Physique Olympia a few years ago so she's slightly past media personality

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
whoops

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

I think it's also important not to overlook that she's pretty and smiles a lot.

Chinatown posted:

Today I lift for :911:.

TrumpSquats to failure (239 lbs but you tell everyone it's way more, fake plates, very dishonest)

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
As far as im aware dlb did a powerlifting meet in a tested federation under either wada or usada and passed. Pretty sure she was on a wee bit o the supplements when she won the olympia though

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Big dude asked for a bench spot on 275, says hes getting 3. We do the lift off he holds at the top for a sec then drops the bar super fast, pushes for like a second w/o getting it anywhere and then screams and says pull it off me. He looks at me and says drat I tore my shoulder thats what I was afraid off and stumbles off.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

DoubleT2172 posted:

I mean she won the Women's Physique Olympia a few years ago so she's slightly past media personality

She’s pretty popular in the Crossfit community, I think I’ve seen her in some docus about Crossfit

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Fallows posted:

Big dude asked for a bench spot on 275, says hes getting 3. We do the lift off he holds at the top for a sec then drops the bar super fast, pushes for like a second w/o getting it anywhere and then screams and says pull it off me. He looks at me and says drat I tore my shoulder thats what I was afraid off and stumbles off.

was he warming up or anything before?

I'm glad to say my shoulders have been pretty bulletproof lately

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Fallows posted:

He was probably expecting you to row it while saying "it's all you bro"

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

He wanted you to slo-mo carry him out of the gym yelling and crying like a scene from Platoon

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Man I hope I'm at at least 3 plates when I horribly injure myself.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Cute fail of the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

Well that's my story.
I sanded skin off my hand and shoulder when that happened to me as a kid and I got pinned between a dresser and the belt.

Moral of the story: treadmill is evil, avoid at all costs