Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Dalael posted:

Lets be honest. We'll never go to war again. We'll be part of slaughters, nut itvwont be proper wars. We mined our way to victory.

Looks that way. We've always had the weight of numbers on our side, but now we're also by far the wealthiest, both on an alliance level as well as individual pilots, and we probably have the largest supercap fleet in the game. I guess the rest of nullsec really dropped the ball by not going all-in on the new mining meta.

In practical matters too. Counting real quick, there's about enough tritanium on the Jita market to build 5ish titans, if you bought it all. So if you lose a big supercap battle and you don't mine, you're kinda hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Nice

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Jestah posted:

What's the best fitting I can reasonably afford? What should I be doing for money?

Train Propulsion Jamming to 3 or 4, join Karmafleet (or maybe Goonwaffe, but your lack of post history is likely to count against you there), and get all the free tackling/scouting frigates you want. Be a sufficiently clueless newbie and people will probably shower you in isk.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Philonius posted:

In practical matters too. Counting real quick, there's about enough tritanium on the Jita market to build 5ish titans, if you bought it all. So if you lose a big supercap battle and you don't mine, you're kinda hosed.

well, hostiles are trying

deklein being 30b in mining better than fuckin venal is just the best

our loving overflow region of querious outmines their best region

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

This is pretty amazing really.

The cold war was won by crashing an economy by trying to build more nukes and welp

(If you fuckign "well actually" me for that I swear)

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

I mean, I am considering the eventuality of getting a super in terms of months, and I suck at getting isk. (Globby you were my only hope :smith: )

That trit stat is amazing. 5 titans. How many did we kill again?

Goddamn.

ps :rip: EVE I guess

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Hello Sailor posted:

Be a sufficiently clueless newbie and people will probably shower you in isk.
I don't know, man, I can be pretty persuasive.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Bilirubin posted:

I mean, I am considering the eventuality of getting a super in terms of months, and I suck at getting isk.

Do market trading in 1DQ1-A! Seriously, it only took me a month to make enough to buy a super and I only started with $7b isk. Trade deadspace and faction modules to start, then once you have enough money get into excavator drones, Rorquals, Thanatos, and Nidhoggurs. You can make half a billion flipping a set of 5 excavator drones, and the market volume is like 50 sold per day.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

this poo poo was prophetic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnsH8nDdQfU

Goons I guess have won eve forever and ever.

Replace megathrons with titans now :wtc:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

orange juche posted:

this poo poo was prophetic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnsH8nDdQfU

Goons I guess have won eve forever and ever.

Replace megathrons with titans now :wtc:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS4R86PkWbA

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Bilirubin posted:

Someone, maybe Arkady? observed back when you were j4gging hard that today's j4g makes tomorrows bittervet calling out j4gs.

Prophetic.

I don't remember saying that, but I don't remember most of my posts. I try not to. :v:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Carth Dookie posted:

I don't remember saying that, but I don't remember most of my posts. I try not to. :v:

never read, never remember, :justpost:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Is loving trit actually now the choke point resource? After all of the poo poo with tech and guidance systems and moon goo balances now it's loving trit?

As much as I hate the expression, all I can say now to that is "fuckin' lol."

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CommonShore posted:

Is loving trit actually now the choke point resource? After all of the poo poo with tech and guidance systems and moon goo balances now it's loving trit?

Trit has been the choke point resource for years since the mineral rebalance along with the production revamp. It is exceedingly difficult to source in the amounts you need for Titan production.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Can't you just buy shuttles from NPCs and reprocess them for trit?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

orange juche posted:

Trit has been the choke point resource for years since the mineral rebalance along with the production revamp. It is exceedingly difficult to source in the amounts you need for Titan production.

Was that mineral revamp before or after CFC got evicted from Dek? That was around the time I got a new job and stopped playing.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
It wasn't a change to ore yield that's put so much pressure on trit -- the last ore / mineral balance change was years ago. It was Rorquals. Rorqs mine so much poo poo that they've completely over-supplied all the minerals that come from nullsec ore sites.

Rutibex posted:

Can't you just buy shuttles from NPCs and reprocess them for trit?

Nope, they got rid of NPC shuttle sell orders ages ago.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I seem to remember hearing something about mineral compression getting nerfed right around the time I was checking out from the game. I was running logistics at that time and doing JF runs for people, making some isk moving big piles of 425mm railguns into dek and misc loot (and maybe nul ores? I can't remember?) out. I'm guessing that strategy is long gone?

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Jestah posted:

I essentially have the same deal as that voodoo guy.

Usually I come to MMO HMO to see the mega threads and select a new MMO to be disappointed by. The flavor of the month is currently EVE. Lately I've been coming home from work, getting mad ripped, and trying to figure out what's going on in EVE. I will say though that the game merely as a spectacle is pretty cool. I had a Rifter from when I previously tried eve ages ago. In fact in figuring out my username and password I discovered that I must've tried eve like 4 times and said gently caress it. I actually went through and selected the character name that was the least juvenile. What's the best fitting I can reasonably afford? What should I be doing for money? I've just been doing the agent missions. I'll be honest guys, I haven't read much about this game other than the OP and this is what I came up with.

2 small projectile burst aerators, 3 200mm autocannon I, 1 MN Y-S8 compact Afterburner, 2 200mm steel plates , overdrive injector system I, Damage control I.

I have 1.8 mil ISK

The voodoo guy posts a lot more than you. And he's barely posted for a decade. Get a sponsor or look to Ascendance (https://ascee.goonfleet.com/) or post (only good posts count).

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Maneck posted:

(only good posts count).

:rip:

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Yes! It all makes sense! We may be freaks, but we're freaks with teeth, and claws, and magic wands! And together, we can stand up to Farquaad!

Christopher posted:

This may be kind of a weird question but bear with me.

Has anyone who currently plays the game or has previously played it and enjoyed it for an extended period of time done so after trying the game for only a few days and quitting on more than one occassion?

Three or four times now I have downloaded and played EVE for a few days and quit. There's something about it that make me feel like I can enjoy it but it has yet to grip me when I've allowed it the opportunity to. I've come to the point where I assume that if I've tried it a few times already and didn't like it I will likely not enjoy it at any point. Yet I still visit the thread and check out news from the game every now and again.

Has anyone tried the game this way in the past and eventually come to love it? Thanks in advance for answering my eccentric question.

This is pretty much the number 1 origin story for most current eve players. It's a hard game to get stuck-in to.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
I think the final tally of citadel scam contracts between the several people I knew that were doing it was something like 850 billion since it's inception.

gg was fun

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
So mittns quit??? Can I talk to who ever is in charge to get unblack listed for telling alliance to join wholesquad for 36 hours??? Im not even gonna rejoin but it would make playing with my goooniegoongooongooooooooooooonfriends easier thanks.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

MaxPowers posted:

So mittns quit??? Can I talk to who ever is in charge to get unblack listed for telling alliance to join wholesquad for 36 hours??? Im not even gonna rejoin but it would make playing with my goooniegoongooongooooooooooooonfriends easier thanks.

Can I have some of whatever drugs you're taking so I can sell them to TCC posters?

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

CommonShore posted:

I seem to remember hearing something about mineral compression getting nerfed right around the time I was checking out from the game. I was running logistics at that time and doing JF runs for people, making some isk moving big piles of 425mm railguns into dek and misc loot (and maybe nul ores? I can't remember?) out. I'm guessing that strategy is long gone?

oh yeah that happened, but that was in 2014. I figured you were more current than that.

The big industry update back then nerfed reprocessing so that ships, guns, etc only refine to ~50% of the inputs. Naturally mineral compression with railguns is dead. In return we have mineral compression with compressed ore -- now if you want to import or export minerals it's better to just leave them as ore.

However, compressed ores still aren't nearly as good as the railguns were so it still hosed logistics a lot. Shortly after that our CSMs were able to convince CCP that if that moron Greyscale was dead set on making logistics difficult to encourage local industry, the mineral balance of ores needed to be fixed so that local mining was possible. Low-end minerals got added to the nullsec high-end ores and for a while all was right with the world.

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004

The Shortest Path posted:

Can I have some of whatever drugs you're taking so I can sell them to TCC posters?

I would never do a drug. Ever.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015
He's a good church going lad who'd never munch the devil's lettuce

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

working mom posted:

He's a good church going lad who'd never munch the devil's lettuce

This is entirely accurate.

don't ask about smoking it.

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Bilirubin posted:

I mean, I am considering the eventuality of getting a super in terms of months, and I suck at getting isk. (Globby you were my only hope :smith: )

That trit stat is amazing. 5 titans. How many did we kill again?

Goddamn.

ps :rip: EVE I guess

Yeah, you have to wonder where this is going. Right now we only have armor supers deployed to the war zone, and doing just fine. This is the kind of advantage that just keeps building on itself. Pretty soon we'll be able to deploy just a fraction of the super fleet and still have absolute local superiority.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Looking forward to hearing about the Jita 4-4 Naval Conference.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

CommonShore posted:

Mexallon is actually the bottleneck, but trit is a close #2. This only applies for building titans, though -- moongoo is more profoundly hosed than T1 stuff is, but the two aren't really related.

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Klyith posted:

Shortly after that our CSMs were able to convince CCP that if that moron Greyscale...

Didn't mean to repeat or quote myself but I can't find the "Post here every day Greyscale must eat a dick" thread on goonfleet, so I gotta quote and repeat myself here

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

https://zkillboard.com/kill/72371092/

another converted outpost dies irl in-game

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

froody guy posted:

Didn't mean to repeat or quote myself but I can't find the "Post here every day Greyscale must eat a dick" thread on goonfleet

it should be in capswarm, if it's the same thread I'm thinking about

(I'm the OP :sun: )

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Dunk Dinkle

Luna Moses

Raiden Harmann

Baltec1

Wilhelm Arcturus

Kismeeter

Matterall (knows mittani btw)

Ahlea Corinth

That's the list of players speakers at Eve Vegas. I like how even CCP are throwing shade at Matterall

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

ChickenWing posted:

It is. And still going strong after nearly four years.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Maneck posted:

The voodoo guy posts a lot more than you. And he's barely posted for a decade. Get a sponsor or look to Ascendance (https://ascee.goonfleet.com/) or post (only good posts count).

drat I'm banned on that auth as well. wanna join goonwaffe plz help

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

ChickenWing posted:

The one and only opened in 2014 that still has people just posting adding content to the discussion.

And I was looking in Smart, Home Economics, Goonfleet... what's wrong with me? :cripes:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

ZekeNY posted:

It is. And still going strong after nearly four years.

dope

sorry for leaking capswarm opsec please don't blacklist me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

ChickenWing posted:

sorry for leaking capswarm opsec please don't blacklist me

:toughguy: