Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
And just think about it. Riker was able to please those Klingon ladies. Man, what a champion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Bogus Adventure posted:

And just think about it. Riker was able to please those Klingon ladies. Man, what a champion.

riker has FOUR dicks

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Pick posted:

riker has FOUR dicks

transporter accident

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Pick posted:

transporter accident

Accident? Or, "accident"?

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Pick posted:

dont star trek

This is good advice but it is too late for us

Bombadilillo posted:

The said gently caress too. It's not your daddy's star wars anymore

also nekkid klingon tiddies (only the standard two of those)

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Discovery is bad

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

also nekkid klingon tiddies (only the standard two of those)

Okay, but are they at least big? Asking for a friend...

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
In Voyager its canon that the Doctor modded a dick onto himself so he could get his holonut on. Discovery has now made it so the Doctor likely has an indeterminate number of holographic dicks.

Also "sexual assault plotline" was the exact moment I no longer planned on watching Discovery

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Bogus Adventure posted:

Okay, but are they at least big? Asking for a friend...

They are in a rape scene

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

This is good advice but it is too late for us

at least i only like star trek the wrong way

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Bombadilillo posted:

They are in a rape scene

It turns out it's not, though. Because the writers are all like, "LOLs and j/ks all around guys, he's really a Klingon in disguise!!!"

I like TNG back when it was creepily sex positive

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Bogus Adventure posted:

It turns out it's not, though. Because the writers are all like, "LOLs and j/ks all around guys, he's really a Klingon in disguise!!!"

I like TNG back when it was creepily sex positive

That show had potential to explore PTSD in space. Or better the idea of. if we create this artificial personality, then rape torture it. but the body it was in volunteered....where the hell do you even start to morally parse that?!? But instead went with just kinding shes the hero now! And hes super cool with it now. Its a-ok

loving dicsovery.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Bombadilillo posted:

That show had potential to explore PTSD in space. Or better the idea of. if we create this artificial personality, then rape torture it. but the body it was in volunteered....where the hell do you even start to morally parse that?!? But instead went with just kinding shes the hero now! And hes super cool with it now. Its a-ok

loving dicsovery.

That keeps in line with the "Nice!" response when a dude gets raped by a dudette. :shrug:

Which, I don't agree with, but writers are dumb.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

It was exactly at the PTSD reveal that I realized Dis-very-no wasn't going to suddenly fix course and become a decent show worth watching. What a waste.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

PTSD only ever happens to Nog. For anyone else they'll just give you a pill that makes you very blasé about having seen your friends turned inside out by a space anomaly or whatever. You'll be back to normal by next week.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
I didn't mind discovery but i watch like 6 shows a year so i basically still find a sequence of still images creating an illusion of motion quite novel. i knew lorca was going to turn evil when they gave him a cool leather jacket

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Clark Nova posted:

PTSD only ever happens to Nog. For anyone else they'll just give you a pill that makes you very blasé about having seen your friends turned inside out by a space anomaly or whatever. You'll be back to normal by next week.

To be fair, Nog is the first Ferengi in the Federation, so maybe they don't have a soma pill ready for him just yet?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Clark Nova posted:

Jake gets it too.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

lol but seriously I posted:

I didn't mind discovery but i watch like 6 shows a year so i basically still find a sequence of still images creating an illusion of motion quite novel. i knew lorca was going to turn evil when they gave him a cool leather jacket

Lorca went from an interesting character with a philosophy antithetical to the federation to a cartoon villian when it was time to not like him.

His motivation was that the evil Empress who enslaved the galaxy wasnt evil enough for his tastes. Trash

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Bombadilillo posted:

Lorca went from an interesting character with a philosophy antithetical to the federation to a cartoon villian when it was time to not like him.

But that's what Mirror Universe people are like. Cartoon villains who are delightfully, mustache-twirlingly evil

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Clark Nova posted:

o'brien tried to shoot himself in the head over killing the fake bread man

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Pick posted:

o'brien tried to shoot himself in the head over killing the fake bread man

Soma pills are given to officers, not civilians or enlisted potatoes

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
O'Brien totally had it from (Tom) Sellick, too, he just stoic-hid it all those years, only revealing it to his former captain when talking him down from his own PTSD-driven starship rampage because they shared the same trauma.

Also, a bit, to Garak, on Empok Nor.

drat Cardies.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
hate speech :siren:

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
klingon homeworld road trip was pretty good and the space weed/evil space weed bioengineer. also magic mushroom drive, that's pretty fun

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

I'm pretty certain that when O'Brien gets deep enough in his cups he starts complaining about how at least back in the old days you could call a spoonhead a spoonhead, but no, now it's political correctness gone mad...

Bashir just sits there, silent, and shifts uncomfortably on his seat

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Bogus Adventure posted:

All you have to do is recite poetry and duck.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

barbecue at the folks posted:

I'm pretty certain that when O'Brien gets deep enough in his cups he starts complaining about how at least back in the old days you could call a spoonhead a spoonhead, but no, now it's political correctness gone mad...

Bashir just sits there, silent, and shifts uncomfortably on his seat

keiko's the one who calls him out, she knows whats up

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Mycroft Holmes posted:

didn't Gene himself weigh in on the subject of Ferengi dicks?

here you go:

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
the klingon plotline was very realistic in that it was a sequence of meaningless events with no entertainment value. very true to life

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

the klingon plotline was very realistic in that it was a sequence of meaningless events with no entertainment value. very true to life

lol

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Star Trek: Dickscovery

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Tighclops posted:

Star Trek: Dickscovery

:discourse:

Also, sweet av/post subject combo

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Clark Nova posted:

A simulacrum of the final battle of the Alamo is a recreation program for humans and Klingons.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Bombadilillo posted:

The said gently caress too. It's not your daddy's star wars anymore

Tarantino Trek is going to be wild.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

LongDarkNight posted:

Tarantino Trek is going to be wild.

I just shot Keevan in the face heart!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I didn't mind discovery but i watch like 6 shows a year so i basically still find a sequence of still images creating an illusion of motion quite novel.
this is sort of what i felt, it was a tv show that i watched and enjoyed for what it was, but it didnt feel like trek apart from the 'look its a phaser / transporter / nacelle & saucer ship design' moments

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I just shot Keevan in the face heart!

I'm p sure bloody slapstick comedy is one of Tarantino's underappreciated talents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Bombadilillo posted:

They are in a rape scene

Did they take a trip to Turkana 4?