Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Robindaybird posted:

Murata is loving nuts. Eyeshield and the redrawn One Punch Man are probably the best drawn comics/manga out there.

He designed Dustman and Crystalman for Megaman 4 and 5, and his Megaman fanart is amazing. Between him and Ariga I have decided to spare manga.

...for now.

edit: the glitch is that i somehow gained the ability to erase concepts i do not like from the timestream

remember the whole "schluuping" thing that kids used to do with slinkies and live kittens?

of course you don't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/e17rKth.mp4

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Does whatever a spider can?

Check ✓

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

They see me rollin', they hatin'

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

https://gifsound.com/?gifv=e17rKth&v=iMH49ieL4es&s=41

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

You read my mind, drat, it works just as well as I thought.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I think the most impressive is that he leaves a trail on the water, that's some next loving level of game design where you polish your bugs.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

new battlefield on the horizon and you know what that means

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLSeEijnmng

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Digirat posted:

new battlefield on the horizon and you know what that means

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLSeEijnmng

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9eL03IPwRI

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Puppy Time posted:

Manga artists have it even worse, since most of them have to churn poo poo out once a week. I'm surprised they're not constantly dying.

A weekly manga is going to have 5 uncredited "assistants" working on it if not more. There are at least a few famous mangaka who haven't actually written or drawn the series they're known for in years, they've just managed the people who do the work.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

love 2 link to YouTube videos that complain about sjws and g-g-girls I’m their video games

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.

Croccers posted:

Ken Penders :allears:

Wasn't he the guy who was obsessed with the echidnas?

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Alien Arcana posted:

Wasn't he the guy who was obsessed with the echidnas?

yep and the best reason why the comics had to do a hard reboot.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
"What kind of horse is that?"
"All of them."

https://twitter.com/SnarkIncarnate/status/1040637870430670849

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Cerbhorse

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Elfface posted:

It's just staying true to the source...

You fuckers need to stop posting this page without the next one.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdlHwzrNb_w

"Gone weak at the knees, have you?"

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

:haw::haw::haw::haw::haw: "How are you, Henry?"

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
A recently released wargame has some issues:

dtkozl posted:

Lmao I tried getting that new victory at sea pacific game and it downloads a single file but no exe or anything else. Great start.

dtkozl posted:

Well they fixed that but now I can see the sun through the planet at night, this game seems buggy as gently caress I'd be wary.

dtkozl posted:

Yeah I already refunded it. Check this out you can see the sun underwater!

Here is the other side. Whomever invented bloom needs to be lined up against the wall and shot.

Phi230 posted:

It runs like hell, the UI is an abomination, buggy from the outset.

The aircraft models are like just non-descript. Like plastic models. Guns are basically 100% accurate.

If you enter combat, literally every unit in the world is visible, and if you try to like select a catalina to go bomb a submarine you might choose the wrong one and teleport to the Indian ocean when the battle is at Wake Island

Gay Hitler posted:

Victory at sea Pacific continued:

New game
Started to move all my fleets from their initial positions to midway and pearl.

Recieved a report of 4 subs near the johnson(Johnston?) Islands and detach 4 destroyers from my nearby carrier group to attack them.

Get a report that submarines are attacking pearl and enter combat to repel them. My fleet is 3 battleships and 3 destroyers. One battleship spawns on top of a destroyer and neither can move while my framerates tanks and my ships jank and flail around. I order the 3 battleships to get deep in the bay to stay safe and order the destroyers to head towards the enemy subs.

The two unstuck battleships critically fail to path along the straight line through open water I ordered and begin to attempt to turn towards their movement objective but run into dry land in the process. Luckily they didnt stop or bounce off but instead maintained full speed unhindered as they somewhat randomly pathed through and below the terrain. They seemed to be trying to path around the aa and artillery emplacements a few meters above them despite the possible lack of collision physics with all non ships in the game.

Two of the three destroyers were able to jank their way out of the clusterfuck spawn zone and into open water towards the enemy subs. While they traveled I repeatedly gave orders to the stacked ships in hopes they would become unstuck. This happened alot in the previous game and could be mostly avoided because it had a deployment phase where you could adjust the spawn positions of each ship, but you could not avoid learning how to rapidly click left and right to try to outfox the horrific physics engine. The battleship got free and started doing donuts through the jungles and hills of the Hawaiian coast while the destroyer had completely ceased to even wriggle despite the missing battleship previously atop it.

By this point the destroyers had reached the enemy subs and began to engage. They randomly stopped and started in various positions adjacent to the sonar contacts, intermittently dropping depth charges on an interval that can not be defined by any reload or cooldown mechanic. They would repeatedly stop moving or attacking the adjacent submarines. Whenever I manually ordered them to attack again they would either do nothing, go in a circle and drop a depth charge or go in a circle and path right next to a sub , stop and proceed to not attack or anything. I helplessly watched one destroyer explode and the other continually path between two sub contacts without any attacks or reason whatsoever while the stationary enemy subs would launch torpedoes in random directions and rotate by the same cursed logic that seemed to have infected my ships. I am incapable of rationalizing any of the movement decisions the ships made when trying to position themselves to engage the subs.

I gave up and decided to check on my 3rd destroyer. While panning to it I watched one of my defense fleet tugs explode without and cause or threat. The subs were miles away and I had no friendly ships anywhere near that could have collided with it though I don't believe collision damage is implemented.

I then recieved a report that the four destroyers I initially tasked with pursing the other sub contact had been completely destroyed.

I've now lost 6 destroyers for one enemy sub destroued and have no inkling that my orders aided or had any tangible effect on the outcome s. The bar was already set so incredibly low from the last game that its almost inconceivable that This game is so terribly broken. I dont think I can play it until I've seen both profuse apologies and extensive patch notes from the dev who released this as a non early access game for $40. The previous game was janky and buggy as gently caress but was , maybe only by the virtue of its simplicity, minimally playable.

I know this dev is not a triple a studio even if they did manage to get the games workshop license for man o war corsair which recieved very negative reviews, but holy poo poo the first few moments you spend outside the world map after the tutorial(which seem solid and inspires confidence that the game is not utter poo poo) quickly reveal that this game is totally untested and could not have been played by anyone that isn't the developer. He clearly either got sick of trying to unfuck the hosed up engine he ported directly from the previous victory at sea and decided to cash in and cut his losses, or he has medical bills because he had the same spine problems as lowtax , or hes genuinely mentally ill and incapable of anticipating how the steam market will respond to the inevitable flood of "game broken dont buy" reviews from the first thousand users who give it a chance.

In light of my previous post, I'm embarrassed that I didnt watch at least one more gameplay stream before buying this. I can still refund it if it seems like this failed release catalyzes the self destruction of the dev, but I have a feeling that in a few months this game will receive just enough shortsighted hotfix duct tape patched to reach the BARE minimum playability and stability you might remember from the last janky iteration of the victory at sea franchise.

Is it worth giving this motherfucker $40 in hopes that some other aspiring developer might be inspired to develop the Pacific theater game we all dream of? I haven't decided yet

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
It's that time of the year again.

mary had a little clam posted:

In other news, during this video showing off all the new moves, apparently one of the moves is improperly set-up in Create a Moveset, so the attacker doesn't actually connect and just kills himself instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2uaYLPqXYE&t=1112s

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

uhhh, timestamp?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It is timestamped.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
18:32 if your browser/app whatever doesn't support it.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Kennel posted:

18:32 if your browser/app whatever doesn't support it.
it's just a bunch of wrestling moves?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I think its that the guy leaping off the pole isn't actually making contact with the target and instead slamming neck forehead first into the floor and snapping his neck.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(

Elizabethan Error posted:

it's just a bunch of wrestling moves?

Leal posted:

I think its that the guy leaping off the pole isn't actually making contact with the target and instead slamming neck forehead first into the floor and snapping his neck.

I think that's it, yeah. It escaped my notice the first time because it's a fairly mundane whoopsie compared to the usual wrestling game fare of 'chokeslammed into the void' or 'melded with a ladder becoming an abomination unto man and god' or 'got turned into silly putty and strung from one end of the ring to the other'.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Or “title belt decides to present itself to defeated opponent, much to your visible dismay”

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Yeah, not the most spectacular thing but anyway.

It's supposed to to be something like this (but jumping from the second rope):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAEeRV1ZAgE

But instead:

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Boy I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder!

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Poor Freckles, thought of bugs and spontaneously split into an infinite equiniform fractaloid cyberorganism.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Screaming Idiot posted:

Poor Freckles, thought of bugs and spontaneously split into an infinite equiniform fractaloid cyberorganism.

I've seen multi-headed Geralts, and I've been trying to capture the eyes (and lips) without a face bug which happens quite often in cut-scenes.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Gestalt of Rivia

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

That horse is loving creeping me out

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Roach got lost once again, and this time wandered into some old-school chaos.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

aphid_licker posted:

That horse is loving creeping me out

Oh, Whistle, and I'll Come to You, My Lad - Roach the spook-horse

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

If you let Mario fall for a few hours in Mario Odyssey, he becomes progressively more and more mangled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suK7j7FkE8Q&t=103s

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Tunicate posted:

If you let Mario fall for a few hours in Mario Odyssey, he becomes progressively more and more mangled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suK7j7FkE8Q&t=103s

I had a suspicion that you could get visible floating point errors in 3D games if you let your character get too far away from origin but I never actually gave that a try in any games before

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

BattleMaster posted:

I had a suspicion that you could get visible floating point errors in 3D games if you let your character get too far away from origin but I never actually gave that a try in any games before

Physics stop working properly after a certain distance on Minecraft maps, but since those are around 8 times bigger than the Earth it takes a while to get there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Eox posted:

Physics stop working properly after a certain distance on Minecraft maps, but since those are around 8 times bigger than the Earth it takes a while to get there.

Is that one guy still trying to walk there for charity?