Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Scomo on why Turnbull is no longer PM posted:

I think it is time for the leader of the opposition to get over it. Get over it! It’s time for him to get over it. It’s time for you to focus on the things that matter to the Australian people, which is to ensure that the economy ... it’s time the leader of the Labor party actually focused on the things that matter to the future of the Australian people.

:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

Birdstrike posted:

your dad sounds like a bit of a bastard

Yeah he used to be a hotheaded lunatic. Two kids rode a hilly as gently caress 30km to our house to hang out with my two elder sisters only to get chased off the property by my old man wielding a shovel. Also used a circular saw to chop up our table tennis table for firewood. A bit e/n but he's massively chilled out these days, rock climbing in the blue mountains is good for the soul

aejix fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Sep 12, 2018

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Interestingly enough the last 40 newspolls also show that the majority of Australians want Labor to have the authority to focus on those things.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

GoldStandardConure posted:

there is an apartment left in our complex you should buy that

things i own:
1 x shitbox car
1 x 0.001% of an apartment
1 x expensive bottle of whiskey

And two pairs of nice shoes I guess?

you forgot hambeet

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
Hambeet is a free spririt, no one can own him.

Except maybe Mathew Guy & Other Assorted Mobsters

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Speaking of Guy.

He wants 4000 tasers to be given to cops in Victoria at a cost of $29m (including training)

Now we can have misuse and 'accidental' deaths via tasers like other police forces around Australia and the world!

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

Don Dongington posted:

PC Power Play was pretty dope back in the later days of Shareware versions (Like FPS games where you'd get the first of 3-5 acts for free)
I sorta miss modding the PCPP forums.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

I have fond memories of MegaZone, nearing the end that magazine got pretty insane.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

WebDog posted:

I sorta miss modding the PCPP forums.

Hi WebDog how are you doing?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

GoldStandardConure posted:

Hambeet is a free spririt, no one can own him.

Then how do you explain every sixth post in this threads history?

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

Mad Katter posted:

Hi WebDog how are you doing?
I'm good. ROM is alive and well. We keep in touch.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Birdstrike posted:

you forgot hambeet

I'm currently on sale.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Solemn Sloth posted:

Chickity check yo self

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hahah rememebr the dumb fight over the cost of Melbourne's nye fireworks one year where we were furiously arguing the same point past each other.

Good times.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Solemn Sloth posted:

aliens

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

drunkill posted:

Speaking of Guy.

He wants 4000 tasers to be given to cops in Victoria at a cost of $29m (including training)

Now we can have misuse and 'accidental' deaths via tasers like other police forces around Australia and the world!

I think there was a killing of a mentally ill guy in his house like... the first week they were introduced in the ACT

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I thought Vic cops already had access to tasers, but they were only given to certain cops to use in certain circumstances stances versus zap em and rap em.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

JBP posted:

I thought Vic cops already had access to tasers, but they were only given to certain cops to use in certain circumstances stances versus zap em and rap em.

I'm sure some of them already have it. I think Guy just wants to give them to all beet cops.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

iajanus posted:

As if NMS wasn't the best gaming magazine

Ah, that explains the Nintendo devotion. You read "every Nintendo exclusive is 10/10" magazine

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Oh also vicpol is recruiting.

I'm sure someone here mentioned recently that they were looking for a job

https://www.policecareer.vic.gov.au/police

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

:devil:

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
When I was little I poured a Coke and my bigger cousin stole the Coke and drank it in front of me and later became a cop.

I will never join the cops.

snoremac fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Sep 12, 2018

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Since when do we play the anthem in schools? I vaguely remember it but only once in a blue moon
i had to sing it every single day in primary school but by high school they gave up

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
I had to sing the national anthem at each assembly in public school. We also had a school song that was set to "Click go the shears". I can still remember it.

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
our entire ecosystem is built on trees sweetly manipulating everything around them in order to have sex

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

PM flags extension of anti-discrimination laws to cover religious beliefs

quote:

The prime minister has revived the religious freedom issue months after a review was handed to his predecessor Malcolm Turnbull.

Prime minister Scott Morrison has given his clearest indication so far that his government will change discrimination laws so religious beliefs are considered a protected attribute - just like race, gender and disability.

Mr Morrison said he would unveil his response to Philip Ruddock’s report on religious freedoms, commissioned by the Turnbull government, in the coming months.

The report was handed to Mr Turnbull in May, but the contents have not been publicly released.

In two separate interviews on Monday, Mr Morrison suggested a change to anti-discrimination laws would be a central pillar of the reforms.

“I want to make sure that if people have particular religious views, they won't be discriminated against,” he told the ABC’s 7.30 program.

“Just like people of different genders or people of races will not be discriminated against.

“Religious freedom, it doesn't get more serious than that when it comes to liberties.”

It is currently illegal under Australian law to discriminate against people on the basis of their race, age, disability, gender or sexual identity in various public spaces, mostly in the areas of employment and education.

But religion is not currently a ‘protected attribute’ under the laws, and Australia does not have a bill of rights like the United States.

Read the rest at https://www.sbs.com.au/news/pm-flags-extension-of-anti-discrimination-laws-to-cover-religious-beliefs?cid=news%3Asocialshare%3Afacebook

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
think about it

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

I think we had to do the Our Father sitting in the quad every morning, except for Easter or something when we all got given these bright yellow plastic rosary beads and had to do a section of the rosary, but they phased morning prayer out by the time I got to like year four

The national anthem sucks insanely bad and it should very much be Waltzing Matilda instead

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

The Peccadillo posted:

I think we had to do the Our Father sitting in the quad every morning, except for Easter or something when we all got given these bright yellow plastic rosary beads and had to do a section of the rosary, but they phased morning prayer out by the time I got to like year four

The national anthem sucks insanely bad and it should very much be Waltzing Matilda instead

LOL get wrecked, this should be the national anthem https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiHdpAVIHgo

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Starshark posted:

LOL get wrecked, this should be the national anthem https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiHdpAVIHgo

No you loving idiot it should be this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajeL87l3prM

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

ahem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwI2NrVYqIE

and a preemptive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j58V2vC9EPc

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I went to a French-Australian school so we sang Advance Australia Fair at assemblies, but also The Marseillaise.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
The Barnesy yelling song including the shoutouts.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Krazyface posted:

I went to a French-Australian school so we sang Advance Australia Fair at assemblies, but also The Marseillaise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTsg9i6lvqU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
shut up. shut up

we all know it should be tithin singing slutty gay beet

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

That's one of my favourite bits of that movie. I'm old enough to remember singing God Save The Queen at the picture of Lizzy above the blackboard as a nipper in primary school in North Queensland, before they changed the anthem. It's all rather silly.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

snoremac posted:

When I was little I poured a Coke and my bigger cousin stole the Coke and drank it in front of me and later became a cop.

I will never join the cops.

but they've got coke?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/AdamBandt/status/1039807627553730560

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

drat. Incorrect on Adam Bandt being hot though, looks like every centimetre his hair recedes his chin compensates

It's like it's chasing it

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Sep 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
https://www.buzzfeed.com/elfyscott/three-quarters-of-australians-are-now-worried-about-climate

quote:

A report released this week by the progressive think tank Australia Institute has found 76% of Australians are now concerned about climate change, a 7% increase from polling conducted in 2017.
The polling took place in June of this year and surveyed over 1,700 Australians aged 18 and above.
The survey recorded participants' agreement with statements such as "Ignoring climate change is simply not an answer, as it increases the risk of the situation getting worse" and "I trust the science that suggests the climate is changing due to human activities".
The belief in climate change has increased steadily over the past six years, with only 64% of Australians believing that it was occurring in 2012.
Now only 11% of Australians believe that climate change isn't real (with another 13% reporting that they're unsure).
There's Tony's conservative base!

quote:

The most pressing climate change concerns for most Australians are droughts, floods affecting crop production, food supply, destruction of the Great Barrier Reef and bushfires.
The majority of Australians also now believe in transitioning away from coal-based energy within the next two decades towards solar power (67%).

• Locked thread