Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

waah posted:

When you hit the wrong button in Madden

lmfaooooooo this is perfect.

Especially because I've done this :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

If Mitchell ends up being a bust, that will be the image we post whenever someone mentions him.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Trubisky also can't throw left to save his life

Doctor Syrup
Apr 7, 2009

Mitch "Zoolander" Trubisky

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

I was gonna point out that the screenshot was right about when you don't throw the ball because the DB had just started to close at full speed, and giving trubinsky the benefit of the doubt he might have been thinking the WR was going to keep running instead of stop in the open zone, but you aren't going to be in the nfl for long if you don't throw a TD there.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
deion jones on IR. adjust your falcons bets accordingly

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://twitter.com/betthegreek/status/1039627961371185152?s=21

:lol:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Blitz7x posted:

I mean up until that point the Raiders Offense had looked great

Sure but maybe give it more than like a quarter before anointing them the next great offense? Like I totally expect 5000% overhype from every team’s local crew, it just seemed excessive for a national game.

Whatever, announcers are dinguses, water wet. The real story is that apparently Jason Witten retired for a broadcasting job and it got no coverage or posts in TFF?!? Insane.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

The Glumslinger posted:

Dear NFL,
Please do more of this Monday night double headers

Sincerely,
The entire West Coast

:yeah:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
My big first impression with Jason Witten is that Booger McFarland should probably have his spot instead

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Benne posted:

My big first impression with Jason Witten is that Booger McFarland should probably have his spot instead

They chose him over Joe Thomas.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Benne posted:

How are you just seeing Witten play for the first time? I understand trying to avoid watching Cowboys games, but surely you’ve seen some of his highlights.

Also, I was unaware that Booger McFarland also plays TE, and doubt very much that he’s better than Witten, even at his age.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Flikken posted:

They chose him over Joe Thomas.

That’s bananas, Thomas was better, is smarter, and is more charismatic

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

That’s bananas, Thomas was better, is smarter, and is more charismatic

Check out Joe Thomas's Twitter from this weekend.

He is a treasure

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

He got a victory fridge sent to his new house in Wisconsin

https://twitter.com/joethomas73/status/1038883840691978242?s=19

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Flikken posted:

He got a victory fridge sent to his new house in Wisconsin

https://twitter.com/joethomas73/status/1038883840691978242?s=19

when did he develop Parkinson's

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

nerve posted:

when did he develop Parkinson's

Probably sometime after 2007.

Also cut the dude a break this is the first Football weekend ever he's gotten to just sit and watch.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

And the first time he's gotten to see them close to a win since 2016

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Flikken posted:

Probably sometime after 2007.

Also cut the dude a break this is the first Football weekend ever he's gotten to just sit and watch.

Why didn't he sit and watch football as a kid?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

And the first time he's gotten to see them close to a win since 2016

Also true.

TFF should listen to the thomahawk show, he goes super in depth into the nuances of o line play, while you can hear Andrew Hawkins eyes rolling.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Flikken posted:

Also true.

TFF should listen to the thomahawk show, he goes super in depth into the nuances of o line play, while you can hear Andrew Hawkins eyes rolling.

Unironically subscribed based on this description.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Hawk and Joe to call games. Who says that's worse than anyone but Tony Romo?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Hawk and Joe to call games. Who says that's worse than anyone but Tony Romo?
No one, which is why it will never happen.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I hope Marshawn goes to the booth when he retires

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

hifi posted:

the packers were in their base defense or nickel depending on the guys in the linebacker spots

After thinking about it, I know what happened. The Bears were scared of hitting Rodgers, because they knew that one hit to his knee and his career was probably over. And they didn't want to cripple him, which basically granted him immunity from being pressured

This reminds me of when I was in middle school, during recess we used to play basketball. There was one kid that had a broken arm but would play really physical during the games. All the other kids would just back away when he would charge blindly towards the basket with the ball, because they were afraid that if they played physical with him back, they could accidentally knock him onto the ground or jostle his broken arm and really mess him up

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Cash Monet posted:

Aaron Rodgers is Chicago's punishment for never shutting up about Michael Jordan.

You deserve this, Chicago.

I thought living in Chicago was Chicago's punishment for never shutting up about Michael Jordan.... insanely cold in winter, filled with midwestern girls, risk your life every time you even think about going outside with all of the gang violence..... are you saying these are not punishments?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

DrunkPanda posted:

I thought living in Chicago was Chicago's punishment for never shutting up about Michael Jordan.... insanely cold in winter, filled with midwestern girls, risk your life every time you even think about going outside with all of the gang violence..... are you saying these are not punishments?
lmao this is a dumb take

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yeah to replace an amazing player with a roll of the dice to fill at most one other hole is terrible value.

Considering how many first round picks are busts.... yeah. For example, in the recent past, the Broncos have drafted Paxton Lynch and Tim Tebow with their first round picks. So basically, imagine that the Raiders said to the Bears something like "We will trade you Khalil Mack for Tim Tebow & Paxton Lynch"

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

cavallingus posted:

lmao this is a dumb take

Try to convince me that living in Chicago is not a punishment. GO ON, I DARE YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

DrunkPanda posted:

Try to convince me that living in Chicago is not a punishment. GO ON, I DARE YOU
I live here, and your knowledge of Chicago seems to be limited to what Donald Trump and scared white suburbanites tell you!

Big Jay Cutler
Sep 2, 2011

IT'S ME

DrunkPanda posted:

As a Milwaukee boy, u dumb as hell also like hell the bears were scared of hurting Rodgers

He was so hosed up off of favre’s dusty pills, he existed in a dimension where the bears didn’t exist

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

cavallingus posted:

I live here, and your knowledge of Chicago seems to be limited to what Donald Trump and scared white suburbanites tell you!

Yeah I mean I hate Chicago like 60% of the year but that said it’s still my favorite place I’ve ever lived

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

DrunkPanda posted:

Only someone who lives in the Midwest can talk poo poo about Chicago so gently caress off

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

pasaluki posted:

Only someone who lives in the Midwest can talk poo poo about Chicago so gently caress off

Anybody can talk poo poo about anything, why the hell would anyone care about what people think?

Chicago is fun, not a bad city. But gently caress it anyways. And the entire midwest. And anyone that cares about what people say about [name a place]

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Benne posted:

Same, fam.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

DrunkPanda posted:

After thinking about it, I know what happened. The Bears were scared of hitting Rodgers, because they knew that one hit to his knee and his career was probably over. And they didn't want to cripple him, which basically granted him immunity from being pressured

This reminds me of when I was in middle school, during recess we used to play basketball. There was one kid that had a broken arm but would play really physical during the games. All the other kids would just back away when he would charge blindly towards the basket with the ball, because they were afraid that if they played physical with him back, they could accidentally knock him onto the ground or jostle his broken arm and really mess him up

I woulda kicked that kid in the taint, and I’m like 33

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

pasaluki posted:

As someone who has lived his whole life in states bordering one Great Lake or another, I think Chicago is super-overrated, but a lot of people I know seem to love it so :shrug:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

There are actually only 3 good places to be at in the whole world. and two of them suck rear end!

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

pasaluki posted:

Nice gatekeeping there buddy..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I went to the touristy part of Chicago and it was wonderful

and still everyone was like telling me I was putting myself and my wife in danger even thinking about going there lol

• Locked thread