Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Archyduke posted:

Maybe web-fluid tastes like butter. Maybe it's dairy-based.

Hope none of the baddies he webs in the mouth are vegan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I wonder if webbing is gluten free.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

Probably? Whatever the gently caress it's made of I don't think wheat is involved.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Who's to say. Ben once made a batch out of stuff from a corner store and dumpster diving.

And God only knows what organic webbing has in it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Who's to say. Ben once made a batch out of stuff from a corner store and dumpster diving.

And God only knows what organic webbing has in it.

The organic webbing is obviously made out of whatever actual spider webs are made of. Which, again, isn't made of wheat.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Cite your sources.

Organic webbing is high in fiber.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Cite your sources.

Organic webbing is high in fiber.

Fiber and gluten aren't the same thing.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

X-O posted:

Spoilers for the last page of Asgardians of the Galaxy

https://www.newsarama.com/41660-redacted-returns-in-asgardians-of-the-galaxy-1-spoilers.html

Well that is certainly something unexpected.

Now if they could keep Cullen Bunn away from them

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Rhyno posted:

Yes but it still carries the allergen warning as it is made in a place that handles and processes wheat (Cakes. )

You have to watch out for cross contamination these days.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Spider-man game got me in the mood for a good Spider-man story, anything good on marvel unlimited?

Some of my favorite Spidey stories I've read

Amazing Spider-man vol 1 1-150
Web of Spider-man assorted
Marvel Knights Spider-man
House of M Spider-man
Sin's Past
Spider-man: Blue
All of the Ultimate Spider-man publication
Superior Foes of Spider-man
Every X-men/Wolverine team up before 2002
Marvel Mangaverse Spider-man
and My Dinner with Jonah

If there are any good story arcs, one shots or miniseries that are enjoyable throw out those suggestions!

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ˇTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
SPIDER-MAN AND THE X-MEN

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

El Tortuga posted:

SPIDER-MAN AND THE X-MEN

This.

Also Astonishing Spider-Man and Wolverine if you haven't read it. Soooo good.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Kraven's Last Hunt

The Gauntlet

Grim Hunt

I'd also say to check out the Brand New Day stuff. There's some ups and downs, but it still pretty much set up Spidey's status that Marvel has kept for 10 years.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Codependent Poster posted:

Kraven's Last Hunt

The Gauntlet

Grim Hunt

I'd also say to check out the Brand New Day stuff. There's some ups and downs, but it still pretty much set up Spidey's status that Marvel has kept for 10 years.

Death of Jean DeWolfe
The entire Roger Stern run from the 220s into the 250s
Cosmic Spidey

And if you’re looking for great one off issues...

ASM 267 - “The Commuter” by Peter David
She Hulk vol 3 #5 - he sues JJJ

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

If you want a great single issue, Sensational Spider-Man annual 1 from 2007 has a great MJ and Pete story.

Also read Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane. It's a very cute series.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Nothing Can Stop The Juggernaut.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Spectacular Spider-man #200.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

I haven't read a lot of Spider-man, but I enjoyed Superior. Probably a few others here did too, and there's probably going to be one or two people that poo poo all over the suggestion.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

but that's not spidey at all. :I

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Amazing Spider-Man 700.3 and 700.4. The Black Lodge. Spider-Man gets his costume melted to him fighting Firebrand and wakes up in a hospital for super villains.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Synthbuttrange posted:

but that's not spidey at all. :I

He's in the story too.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Today's FF has quite a last page :)

But as a potential minus, Tong the Moloid was just wearing a plain Future Foundation suit. Nobody calls her a 'him' or anything, but there's no sign of her choice to live as a female.
I didn't read Robinson's series. Was it ever walked back on?
Hopefully it wasn't a conscious decision.

Also, their space ship looks like a cock

And the new '4' emblem looks like a lightning bolt S for some reason

which, you know... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schutzstaffel

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hickman already did Nazi Reed. It was good.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is there a thread for collecting the Marvel Legends figures or anything like that at all?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Danger posted:

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is there a thread for collecting the Marvel Legends figures or anything like that at all?

There’s a general BSS toys n figures thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3068921

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

Thanks, I just saw that right after making that post.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
pretty sure zim didnt do it out of malice, but uh...maybe he couldve gone with a different title

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The dialogue free Squirrel Girl issue was pretty great, and I've really been enjoying the Shocker arc in Ms. Marvel.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
So I'm catching up on comics because I'm months behind but I've just gotta ask: Has Brian Bendis ever written a good conclusion to a book/run? Like I'm not too down on him like a lot of folks around these parts, but I just read the end to his Iron Man and ugh what a mess. I thought it was kinda cute when his recap pages were a character recapping things in-character but did anybody ask for a grand finale narrated entirely by AI Tony never shutting the gently caress up? And where some new bizarre super team is started out of the blue by goddamn Leonardo Da Vinci for reasons I guess? And where Tony just revives Rhodey's months old corpse like it ain't no thang, with zero explanation? All while AI Tony just teases all the dangling plot threads and basically says "who knows what weird stuff future writers may or may not do? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"

Also the way Doom got rescarred was dumb as hell. Basically everything with Doom was dumb as hell after his series ended and he got reintegrated into IIM. I've never been the biggest Doom fan but man, even a Doom trying to be good and not kill people should not be getting punked by the Hood and a few other baddies. It's just... bad all around.

Which made me think about the finales of some of his other work and I can't think of one good conclusion. His Avengers run ended with a really awful Dark Avengers 2.0 story and then a "put the toys back in the toybox" story where Wasp comes back from the microverse because she never died. Ultimate Spider-Man ends with Miles pulling a bullshit new power out of his rear end to beat Doom before the incursion and his Uncanny X-Men just kinda... ends, with Cyclops in Washington saying how united all mutants are without really explaining how or why they are. I'll give him an asterisk on those last two since Secret Wars was happening and everything had to be coming to an end, but they're still not great. Spider-Man ended with Miles getting an infection and being laid up in a hospital (in an pretty obvious stand-in for Bendis' own MRSA brush with death) and while ultimately the end page with Miles at the movie is sweet, the way the story totally sweeps other running plots (like Miles' disenchantment with and possibly quitting superheroics) aside for basically an assortment of goodbyes from the whole cast is mediocre at best. That's just a few. I genuinely can't think of one time he's stuck the landing on a story.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Sep 12, 2018

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
slott really has val and franklin going by brainstorm and powerhouse now? ughhhhhh lol okay

e: oh it just got dumber from there

site fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Sep 12, 2018

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

TwoPair posted:

So I'm catching up on comics because I'm months behind but I've just gotta ask: Has Brian Bendis ever written a good conclusion to a book/run? Like I'm not too down on him like a lot of folks around these parts, but I just read the end to his Iron Man and ugh what a mess. I thought it was kinda cute when his recap pages were a character recapping things in-character but did anybody ask for a grand finale narrated entirely by AI Tony never shutting the gently caress up? And where some new bizarre super team is started out of the blue by goddamn Leonardo Da Vinci for reasons I guess? And where Tony just revives Rhodey's months old corpse like it ain't no thang, with zero explanation? All while AI Tony just teases all the dangling plot threads and basically says "who knows what weird stuff future writers may or may not do? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"

Also the way Doom got rescarred was dumb as hell. Basically everything with Doom was dumb as hell after his series ended and he got reintegrated into IIM. I've never been the biggest Doom fan but man, even a Doom trying to be good and not kill people should not be getting punked by the Hood and a few other baddies. It's just... bad all around.

Which made me think about the finales of some of his other work and I can't think of one good conclusion. His Avengers run ended with a really awful Dark Avengers 2.0 story and then a "put the toys back in the toybox" story where Wasp comes back from the microverse because she never died. Ultimate Spider-Man ends with Miles pulling a bullshit new power out of his rear end to beat Doom before the incursion and his Uncanny X-Men just kinda... ends, with Cyclops in Washington saying how united all mutants are without really explaining how or why they are. I'll give him an asterisk on those last two since Secret Wars was happening and everything had to be coming to an end, but they're still not great. Spider-Man ended with Miles getting an infection and being laid up in a hospital (in an pretty obvious stand-in for Bendis' own MRSA brush with death) and while ultimately the end page with Miles at the movie is sweet, the way the story totally sweeps other running plots (like Miles' disenchantment with and possibly quitting superheroics) aside for basically an assortment of goodbyes from the whole cast is mediocre at best. That's just a few. I genuinely can't think of one time he's stuck the landing on a story.

Daredevil and Alias both stuck their landings.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Haven't read Bendis's Iron Man but the DaVinci thing is from Hickman's SHIELD run that you really really should read

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

site posted:

slott really has val and franklin going by brainstorm and powerhouse now? ughhhhhh lol okay

e: oh it just got dumber from there

I like the idea that they made dumb superhero names to introduce themselves to their creations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i am your god, lord powerhouse

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

hope and vaseline posted:

Haven't read Bendis's Iron Man but the DaVinci thing is from Hickman's SHIELD run that you really really should read

Oh I know where Da Vinci's from, but I don't like his use in IIM. (Hot take, but I didn't care for Hickman's SHIELD much at all). But even still, it didn't feel like the same character, it read like somebody writing a parody of "Bendis-speak" coming out of his mouth. And also everybody's way too chill about Leonardo Da-Goddamn-Vinci just showing up and later having power armor. Riri and Toni Ho are a little freaked for like a page and Tony's like "huh" when they mention it. I know that Marvel Earth is crazy but still, that should raise a few eyebrows

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/Newsarama/status/1039960568654905344

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
holy poo poo singularity is in todays ms marvel

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

howe_sam posted:

The dialogue free Squirrel Girl issue was pretty great, and I've really been enjoying the Shocker arc in Ms. Marvel.

still not entirely sold on squirrel girl's look in particular, but i appreciate the blanka ref

and the book titles were good. ms chloe needs to go help out kamala, although would her silence power affect shockers vibro gauntlets???

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Man its too bad Marvel Rising has the worst number system ever because its a great book for all ages. I really did want to see Squirrel Girl punch Arcade right in the face. He's such an rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

twistedmentat posted:

Man its too bad Marvel Rising has the worst number system ever because its a great book for all ages. I really did want to see Squirrel Girl punch Arcade right in the face. He's such an rear end in a top hat.

I personally am glad they mass murdered a bunch of teenage heroes to 'rehabilitate' Arcade and then put him exclusively in comedy All-Ages books where he's a goof. For the record, it's the first part that annoys me, not the second.