Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://twitter.com/kitan_club/status/1039424226124419072

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Liking that Star-blep.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Verranicus posted:

The petition to "save Wildstar" barely got 1500 signatures, lol. Watching the world chat as I play, these people are absolutely convinced their game is a gem and it's mismanagement by Carbine and other players being too casual/stupid that their dead dumb game is dying.

to be fair in a way it IS because other players are too casual that their game is dying

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Cowcaster posted:

to be fair in a way it IS because other players are too casual that their game is dying

I'd say it's because they're too normal. Any time I try to helpfully point out that making an MMO to cater to hardcores is ever doomed to failure because that niche is constantly shrinking as players grow up and get real responsibilities they go nuts and say "THEY ADDED STUFF FOR CASUALS!!" and like sure you can quest and poo poo fine but it's crap compared to a better MMO.

Literally the only things the game has going for it is the aesthetic and character models.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

casual and normal are the same thing

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Why are you playing the bad dead MMO

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
A casual is someone who plays less than me; a tryhard is someone who plays more. I play the exact right amount

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

The 7th Guest posted:

question: has there ever been a good Season Pass

Dark souls 2

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Verranicus posted:

The petition to "save Wildstar" barely got 1500 signatures, lol. Watching the world chat as I play, these people are absolutely convinced their game is a gem and it's mismanagement by Carbine and other players being too casual/stupid that their dead dumb game is dying.

Can't say I'm surprised. People who stick with a bad and dying game until the end are the diehards, the ones who have a lot invested in it and are convinced that it must be something special as a result.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I have a ton of games at my disposal so I don't get invested in MMOs much, but it was your favorite game and then it was going to be taken away from you forever, I can understand getting a little salty about it. There's only a handful of MMOs that really last, and getting invested in one is a risk

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Fifth main incoming (after Voldo, Ivy, Geralt, and Seung Mi-Na)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfUM6dXvRk4

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

ha, i forgot that geralt was going to be in the new soul calibur.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

Why are you playing the bad dead MMO
If you have it installed or internet fast enough to download it quick and no datacap, you might as well mess around in it for a couple of hours. Plus the Matrix Online ended with literally everyone being sucked into their own rear end and that was hilarious, so sometimes when MMOs end they're funny.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

LawfulWaffle posted:

I have a ton of games at my disposal so I don't get invested in MMOs much, but it was your favorite game and then it was going to be taken away from you forever, I can understand getting a little salty about it. There's only a handful of MMOs that really last, and getting invested in one is a risk

Just don’t get into MMOs in the first place

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
That pirate has a much more effectively designed gunblade than those SeeD kids.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Cowcaster posted:

ha, i forgot that geralt was going to be in the new soul calibur.

Cervantes is the OG greybearded deadbeat dad.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

exquisite tea posted:

Cervantes is the OG greybearded deadbeat dad.
Geralt is a good dad though, unlike Cervantes.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, Terranigma

Live-A-Live

Final Fantasy Legend aka SaGa 1, I think that one was short. Can't remember if the other 2 FF Legend games were short or not.

I think Final Fantasy Mystic Quest was kinda short

Most Ys games are pretty short, especially Ys 1 and 2, though they're intended to be played one right after the other.

Does Half-Minute Hero count? :P

live a live owns, and the structure makes it perfect for shorter bursts of jrpg. you basically just have seven individual pocket sized stories that share a neat battle system. and i think you can save anywhere

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

With the character creator you can make your dream greybearded deadbeat dad.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

chumbler posted:

With the character creator you can make your dream greybearded deadbeat dad.

Jecht?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Jecht isn't grey

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I got one of those hats in Japan and dressed my cat up in it, let me see if I can find the pic

Ahahaha yessssss

PantsBandit fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Sep 12, 2018

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Things I am learning about Shadow of the Tomb Raider so far; Lara's passport should be revoked, and her friend Joanna should really find better friends.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That cat is going to destroy you

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

What are some short JRPGs?

I don’t mean “short for a JRPG”, I mean like 10-hour JRPGs

I think that new Earthbound homage Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass is pretty short? Remember some goons saying it's short and good.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

A Sometimes Food posted:

I think that new Earthbound homage Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass is pretty short? Remember some goons saying it's short and good.

it's like 50 hours long

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
A bunch of people named 30 hour games in response to the post explicitly saying that short for a jrpg wouldn't cut it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

I got one of those hats in Japan and dressed my cat up in it, let me see if I can find the pic

Ahahaha yessssss

September Core: Legacy of the catter.
September Core: Legacy of the cat-hatter

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

lets hang out posted:

it's like 50 hours long

holy drat, wouldn't have guessed that by the look of it

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

i'm worried they might not like having their ears covered

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Help Im Alive posted:

i'm worried they might not like having their ears covered

cats rarely like the bullshit we do to them

the best cat videos are Maru cause it's just his owner doing things he enjoys and filming it

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Things I am learning about Shadow of the Tomb Raider so far; Lara's passport should be revoked, and her friend Joanna should really find better friends.

Has Lara become Tom Braider?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Okami... lims? Okami cums?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

cheetah7071 posted:

A bunch of people named 30 hour games in response to the post explicitly saying that short for a jrpg wouldn't cut it

Asking for a short jRPG in the first place is incredibly specific, can't fault people for trying to narrow it down as much as they could.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Undertale is also another short JRPG, if you only do one playthrough it takes around ten hours.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Accordion Man posted:

Undertale is also another short JRPG, if you only do one playthrough it takes around ten hours.

Undertale rules. It's best appreciated blind and if the game does its job right, it'll make you understand what you need to do in a replay to get the true ending, and make you want to do that. If ten hours is an actual hard limit and you just want the true ending first go for that reason, you get it by not killing anything all game

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

the best cat videos are Maru cause it's just his owner doing things he enjoys and filming it

hana is also the best

Also unrelated but man I love the Resident Evil films. They are just so daft. Watched Afterlife yesterday. Film Wesker is brilliant. Also film Chris Redfield is Wentworth Miller and that is just great too.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

An old friend of mine has become the subject of a viral internet gif and its been bizarrely surreal to see random Redditors and such jump to odd conclusions about him as a result.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the only reason i didn't bring up undertale is because i'm not sure if it technically qualifies as a jrpg, since it was developed by a dog

• Locked thread