Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

AotC
May 16, 2010

ubachung posted:

As of this league shield charge doesn't benefit from local weapon attack speed. RIP Brightbeak.

Huh didn't know that. Were they trying to bring it in line with the other movement skills?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
In that they wanted people to actually use movement skills that aren't Shield Charge, yes.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

whypick1 posted:

In that they wanted people to actually use movement skills that aren't Shield Charge, yes.

They should put it on a ascendancy and make it garbage for everyone else! I'm a genius GGG hire me.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Right, my foray into WOW's latest lovely expansion is over already, so can i get an invite if/when there's room? Character name is Keristra.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

megalodong posted:

Right, my foray into WOW's latest lovely expansion is over already, so can i get an invite if/when there's room? Character name is Keristra.

Trip report?

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

McFrugal posted:

Trip report?

Yeah trip report so I can convince my WoW playing friends to play poe instead

CDW
Aug 26, 2004
As someone bouncing between BFA and this, the content is good but the current Dev team is sloppy about coding, communication and every single decision that could be painfully dragged out to try and keep the playerbase subscribed longer due to time gating vs. having more of a variety of content is dragged out.

To upgrade your boat's mostly meaningless abilities, now they want you to finish 3 War Fronts with different commanders, out of 3.

Can you just randomly get each commander by running each of them back to back? No. Each War Front has 1 commander per period, and each "period" is roughly once every 2 weeks, maybe longer.

There are dozens more examples but its mostly a bunch of annoyingly time-gating/no-fun-allowed decisions at the expense of the rest of the game being good.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
casually slammed down a big alch orb:

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

McFrugal posted:

Trip report?

Art, music, zone design - exceptional as always.

Levelling - pretty good. Stormsong Valley drags real bad at one point, and apparently Voldun does the same for horde, but overall I liked it. The zones flow real well.

Dungeons/raids - good, as expected really.

Endgame - hoooo boy. If you want to see what it looks like when gameplay design and investor "engagement time" metrics conflict and the metrics win out, here's your chance to see!

I guess just watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B8Gz-990sM

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

pokchu posted:

casually slammed down a big alch orb:

Gimme

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

It’s for sale, so..

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Does anyone know if accuracy on cyclone is per hit, or is it more like crit chance

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

pokchu posted:

It’s for sale, so..

Well you have it listed for 4ex, and I want it for free, so...

Control Volume posted:

Does anyone know if accuracy on cyclone is per hit, or is it more like crit chance

I don't know why Cyclone would be different than any other attack skill in this regard.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

did you buy a cool herald and want to shatter the world?

i am playing this right now. its very silly https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2190819/page/1

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Was poking around in the delve, I'm down to the low 90's depth, and there was a currency node that I decided to go for, but to get to it I had to go through a weapons node, which usually means garbage mostly (like everything item related with RNG).

There was an "Exceptional weapons" (or something, I know it was exceptional but wasn't paying much attention to the rest) box, and out popped... my very first ever in the history of playing this game, natural 6L item... A Quill Rain, with 5G 1B socketing. It has lowish dex roll, but the projectile roll is 97%. The other variable is medium roll.

Now I have to decide to hop on the current hotness meta with a re-roll, or sell it and be rich for the first time ever (rich for me anyway) since it appears to be worth 3~4ex.

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

Awesome! posted:

did you buy a cool herald and want to shatter the world?

i am playing this right now. its very silly https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2190819/page/1

started the league with this and it was fun once the interaction was online, but getting there was like 85 levels of getting carried by bv, and i hate that drat skill... even after switching to claw/flurry you will probably want to keep vaal bv linked to phys to lit and some damage gems in a 4l just to plow abysses/bosses in maps

the jewels can be bought on league start day for 1c with some patience, so for people who can tolerate literal blade-plate spinning, it's a good starter. my claw has t1 aspd and t1 lit and it cost 5c on day 3 or something. everything in this build is just stupid cheap and it never really needs to be 6l'd. as a short term sub for lycosidae, you can buy a vagan claw, aug it and pray for attack speed, then regal and craft flat lit. it's not a full on replacement, but this build has basically no accuracy at league start, and vagan mod makes it a hell of a lot better. also, you do not need yoke, at all. you could probably do ornament of the easy and phys to lit in your bf links too

it's still really fuckin whatever until you have inpulsa though and that item has got to be nerf bait by this point; 28% of the characters on poe.ninja are using bv and 15% inpulsa

edit: also it will make your game freeze frequently, though i experienced no instance crashes personally

ndub fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Sep 12, 2018

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yeah i had an inpulsa waiting at 68. my health is real bad right now though so im probably gonna need to get an uber lab carry

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I wish delves were account-wide. It's a right pain to start a new character and have to do a ton of easy delves to get back to where I was

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Is there a build that uses Cyclone-CoCrit-Blade Vortex? It'd probably be some poison Assassin shenanigans.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Qwertycoatl posted:

I wish delves were account-wide. It's a right pain to start a new character and have to do a ton of easy delves to get back to where I was

The mineshaft progresses with the story, so if you ignore Delves it til Act 10 you can start from the bottom of the shaft and skip a big chunk of it. You'll still be a lot shallower than your other characters

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I enjoy the little pleasures, like finding a vaal warchief early while SSFing a build that uses warchief :)

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Devor posted:

The mineshaft progresses with the story, so if you ignore Delves it til Act 10 you can start from the bottom of the shaft and skip a big chunk of it. You'll still be a lot shallower than your other characters

Yeah, that's where I've got to. Niko dug me about halfway

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Svensken posted:

Is there a build that uses Cyclone-CoCrit-Blade Vortex? It'd probably be some poison Assassin shenanigans.

Coincidentally enough I'm building one right now that uses staves, you just path through the top or second-top paths over to the staff circle, and branch off to the scion life wheel and other various useful stuff

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

I'm not clear how to price this. Does 10 ex sound like a real number? Not much in the way of comparison. I'm not seeing anything with ias, ele damage, crit, crit. Not even anything that's +3, crit, crit, ele damage, much less 6l.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

The Wonder Weapon posted:

I'm not clear how to price this. Does 10 ex sound like a real number? Not much in the way of comparison. I'm not seeing anything with ias, ele damage, crit, crit. Not even anything that's +3, crit, crit, ele damage, much less 6l.

Yeah, I mean you can price 6L itself pretty easily (just compare belly, or whatever else 6L vs not), but who knows about the other stats.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Shouldn't you search without the ias and just compare the actual attack speeds?

Sick bow though.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah just cycle through removing one of the mods until you see what lesser versions are priced at and then sort of guess what the extra value is from combining them

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

What is the "Flavor of the League" build that is using Quill Rain?

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Is minotaur bugged out? I tried him yesterday, and just got a couple of instance disconnects which ate my portals. I was able to mulch the other guardians just fine. I assume that people have been able to do him, since I see shaper drops up for sale.

Red elder has been good to me so far this league. Last two dropped chaos and fire impresence amulets which sold for 6ex and 2 ex, and the last one dropped a watcher's eye that sold for 8 ex.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

The Locator posted:

toxic rain, I think

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Filthy Monkey posted:

Is minotaur bugged out? I tried him yesterday, and just got a couple of instance disconnects which ate my portals. I was able to mulch the other guardians just fine.

I had that happen this league the first time I did Lava Lake Kitava, I ported in his room to refresh flasks and when I tried to port back four portals got eaten by client crashes and one of the portals worked but I died because Kitava was attacking but his model want animating

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

The Locator posted:

Toxic rain and a lot of ele hit builds use it for clear then switch to chin sol/+3 for bosses.

I wouldnt bother searching with crit mods as both builds dont use it.

Filthy Monkey posted:

Is minotaur bugged out? I tried him yesterday, and just got a couple of instance disconnects which ate my portals. I was able to mulch the other guardians just fine. I assume that people have been able to do him, since I see shaper drops up for sale.

Lots of people are having problems with him, it supposed to be patched on the next hotfix.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Is there any recommendations on what maps to choose to shape? I went with beach for t1, but thinking back I probably should've gone graveyard, that map seems to have way more enemies to kill?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I shape the maps I like to run with no consideration at all to divination card drops or mob density. Works out just fine.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I seem to end up generally not caring about shaping low-tier maps. I don't want to shape a T1 map until I've finished all the T6's, otherwise it'll dilute the pool. And when I have finished all the T6's, I want to do higher-tier maps than a shaped T1.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Truga posted:

Is there any recommendations on what maps to choose to shape? I went with beach for t1, but thinking back I probably should've gone graveyard, that map seems to have way more enemies to kill?

There's a pretty good breakdown of all the different maps for shaping here. Makes it much easier to decide which you'll personally want to run.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

For your elder orb, pick a map that no one is selling and then when you get one put it up for an exorbitant amount so it shows up as the most valuable t16 map on poe.ninja

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Thanks a lot guys

Rynoto posted:

There's a pretty good breakdown of all the different maps for shaping here. Makes it much easier to decide which you'll personally want to run.

yeah this'll make it much easier to decide

J
Jun 10, 2001

Don't forget you can vendor 20 chisels and 5 regrets to get an unshaping orb that will let you undo your shaped map choice if you change your mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

So I came into a bit of wealth this league, and have about 3ex to spend to upgrade my character. I'm playing Guardian / Smite from Rodent's league starter PoB, and I'm having a lot of fun and doing pretty ok, but I'm really not sure what my focus should be on next as far as gear upgrades, which is really all I have left to do, as the only thing left on the passive tree is life nodes.

I currently have no level 20 gems or superior gems, so I know that could be one area I could spend in to improve, but I'd like for some folks who are actually good at this game to take a look and see what they think I should focus on.

Pastebin of PoB: https://pastebin.com/g0Ncz9iT

Character name is LocatorDigDug - Path of Exile site: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Gunther_mt/characters

I really should delete a bunch of those standard characters, never going to play them again.

Thanks!