Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

didn't Missy Hyatt once claim that Bischoff touched kids or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

davidbix posted:

Bischoff basically calling Dave a pedophile feels like a bridge too far...

Wait until they put out the shirt.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

davidbix posted:

I see Bischoff is using the 'Elon Musk Defense' to deal with his critics.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

davidbix posted:

Link? That's pretty loving terrible.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Link? That's pretty loving terrible.

Said on the new 83 Weeks that Dave "looked like someone you'd definitely want to keep away from an elementary school"

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Listening to 83 Weeks has been fascinating in a way, Bischoff goes crazy burying Bryan and Dave. I don’t mind Conrad so much, he calls Bischoff out on his poo poo a little bit sometimes (but of course it goes nowhere, cause he needs Bischoff to keep doing the show haha)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

Said on the new 83 Weeks that Dave "looked like someone you'd definitely want to keep away from an elementary school"

Jesus Christ, Bischoff.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I used to get a kick out of Bischoff in the "turd in the punch bowl" kind of way, but he's really pushing hard to show much of a douchebag he is the last couple years. gently caress Eric Bischoff.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I prefer to remember Eric Bischoff not as he lived, but as he died: walking into the sunset holding hands with RD Reynolds :shobon:

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Dave is weird as gently caress but Bischoff definitely shouldn't be putting that kind of thing in peoples heads even with subtle 'jokes' just because he doesn't like the guy

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Dave is weird as gently caress but Bischoff definitely shouldn't be putting that kind of thing in peoples heads even with subtle 'jokes' just because he doesn't like the guy

Dave should sue the poo poo out of him tbh.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I concur, if by sue, you mean pummel.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Dave vs Bischoff in a super lucha with no referee

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Alvarez vs Bischoff. Who wins?

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Take your pick between a BJJ black belt and mall karate

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Are takedowns allowed or is Bischoff restricted to kicking with his feet and punching with his hands

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Bischoff has a big advantage if he gets a takedown because he has way more experienced running into the ground.

(I stole this joke)

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Take your pick between a BJJ black belt and mall karate
Bryan is also trained in karate fyi

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Big Dave would win because he is smart enough to bring a sword. The one from those Hogan promos.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
What the gently caress is Bischoff getting out of any of this? Hasn't been mainstream since he was Raw GM and he completely ruined whatever pretence of talent he had when he was booking Impact.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The podcast

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Bischoff and Russo have been squeezing the sponge that is their wrestling success for decades now to ever diminishing returns. Somehow it hasn't dried up completely yet. I do admit I look forward to wrestling superstar Russo pics and allegations that a PR handler is crafting all those insane Bischoff tweets because they own the rights to whatever he had the right left to sell.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Say what you will about Shave Seltzer and Bryan Alvarez but the Bischoff/Russo/Pritchard axis of criticizing them as "these jocksniffers desperately trying to seem relevant and pretending they have connections" is especially rich coming from people whose business model is relitigating storylines from twenty years ago and hoping they can get someone who worked for them back then to come onto their podcast.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Gonzo McFee posted:

What the gently caress is Bischoff getting out of any of this? Hasn't been mainstream since he was Raw GM and he completely ruined whatever pretence of talent he had when he was booking Impact.

He thinks that controversy creates cash, somehow.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Gonzo McFee posted:

Been told privately he's pretty much bankrupt. Bischoff Hervey Entertainment was wound up owing taxes for example.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Bischoff vs Dave, one more time, NO GOD drat RULES.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Edge & Christian posted:

Say what you will about Shave Seltzer and Bryan Alvarez but the Bischoff/Russo/Pritchard axis of criticizing them as "these jocksniffers desperately trying to seem relevant and pretending they have connections" is especially rich coming from people whose business model is relitigating storylines from twenty years ago and hoping they can get someone who worked for them back then to come onto their podcast.

Pritchard comes off like more of a gimmick than the other two, and like a lot of wrestling people, is too lazy to reexamine how much he's worked himself into believing certain things about the business. He doesn't have the same puffed-up overconfidence (or insanely obvious insecurities) as the other two, though.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

rovert posted:

Been told privately he's pretty much bankrupt. Bischoff Hervey Entertainment was wound up owing taxes for example.

Hhhhhuh. I figured Russo was, but I thought Bischoff had money.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

VJeff posted:

Fail at enough ventures and it starts to go away

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Russo's been broke for quite a while. Last I'd heard(and these are from biased sources) his wife was the breadwinner and she tolerates him doing podcasts because it keeps him relatively balanced.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

do you think he constantly tries to swerve her if he doesn't have a podcast to let out all the pressure

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1039899782163001344

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I love snippy Dave. :allears:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

rovert posted:

ahahahahaha excuse me I'm off to twitter to call Bischoff a broke rear end motherfucker.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

VJeff posted:

I tend to think people shilling pills on podcasts aren’t rich

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I'm loving the narratives emerging in the bryan/vinny retro shows - namely that Al Snow was the worst wrestler of all time that somehow flew under the radar at being realised as such, and that makes his current version as an anti-smark so dumb, that Sid's reputation is undeserved, and that Berlyn was A Good Thing.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Lid posted:

I'm loving the narratives emerging in the bryan/vinny retro shows - namely that Al Snow was the worst wrestler of all time that somehow flew under the radar at being realised as such, and that makes his current version as an anti-smark so dumb, that Sid's reputation is undeserved, and that Berlyn was A Good Thing.

Agreed.

I also died at

Vinny: "Shane was back stage, unconscious from the attack being attended to by paramedics."

*straight after*

"And then you will never guess who ran in."

Bryan: "dont loving say it."

Vinny: "Shane Mcmahon made the run in for the save"

Bryan: "I hate this show I quit."

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

triplexpac posted:

I tend to think people shilling pills on podcasts aren’t rich

Or doing conventions with people they claim to hate.

You'll know Cornette is in financial trouble when he agrees to live debate Russo somewhere.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Oh good, Eva Marie got a podcast. This marks the bursting of the wrestling podcast bubble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

has anyone listened to tights and fights? i like mike eagle as a dude but i don't listen to any wrestling poo poo.