Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
content
Feb 13, 2014

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

I just hope there's an easy way to message you people and set up games

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Never ever because they are absolutely scared shitless about someone using that to lure a child.

Especially since that already happened once via Swapnote.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
It’s $20 a year, what do you expect. I spent more on dinner last night.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Your inbox would be full of goons posting

WHAT'S UP MY GOON
HELLO DOT JPG
eat the eggs
stairs in house
LOWTAX SPINE REFERENCE
etc
etc

so...yeah let's do it

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Steve Yun posted:

:thermidor:

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Yeah it's super easy! First you text them, and get their friend code. Then you log in, and enter the friend code. Then they confirm you as a friend. Then you download the app onto your phone, and sync it with your nintendo account. Then you authorize chatting with people you know, and then they authorize it. Then you send them a message in the app (don't forget to sync it with your Switch after running it). Then they can respond, and then you load the game on the Switch and wait a few minutes while it searches for your friend and connects to start the game.

Then you just have to do that whenever you finish the match and you're good to go, super simple!

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Is there a updated list of what's good under 30 bucks on the EStore. I just got my Switch and there's so much goddamn trash on there

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

those all would make good avs

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Which one is Sakurai's cat

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Steve Yun posted:

Basic messaging services for one? Those usually cost $0 a year so

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Morpheus posted:

Yeah it's super easy! First you text them, and get their friend code. Then you log in, and enter the friend code. Then they confirm you as a friend. Then you download the app onto your phone, and sync it with your nintendo account. Then you authorize chatting with people you know, and then they authorize it. Then you send them a message in the app (don't forget to sync it with your Switch after running it). Then they can respond, and then you load the game on the Switch and wait a few minutes while it searches for your friend and connects to start the game.

Then you just have to do that whenever you finish the match and you're good to go, super simple!

I already had most of you on WiiU and that just transferred over. I think my Facebook and Twitter mutuals got automatically added too

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Morpheus posted:

Yo, posted my code on Discord. Add me. I got a room in Mario Kart. See you in 5.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

:laugh:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Is Toycon 3 coming this week?

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

They know you're going to buy it anyway, so what's the point of releasing a demo?

You need a lot of hype these days to grab the attention of lizard brains

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Smash Ultimate's audience is going to include many people who didn't play Smash 4.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

DariusLikewise posted:

Is there a updated list of what's good under 30 bucks on the EStore. I just got my Switch and there's so much goddamn trash on there

My favorites so far for <$30 are:
Yoku's Island Express (pinball metroidvania, has a demo, my favorite new game this year so far)
the Spectre Knight campaign for Shovel Knight (available standalone but the Treasure Trove is an A+ buy)
Rocket League (soccer with rocket-powered cars, kicks rear end)
and I guess I'll mention Fortnite for being free and actually a lot of fun, the $10 battle pass is an extremely good deal if you find yourself playing it regularly

There's a lot of other good stuff too but "what's good" is often a matter of heated debate

Manky fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Sep 12, 2018

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Never ever because they are absolutely scared shitless about someone using that to lure a child.

Especially since that already happened once via Swapnote.

They allow voice chat in Fortnite which would probably be the platform of choice for sickos to try and lure children these days. I guess they’d consider that Epic’s problem.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Huge scoop

https://twitter.com/moriohcho/status/1039749880229625856

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Takoluka posted:

Yo, posted my code on Discord. Add me. I got a room in Mario Kart. See you in 5.

My pie-in-the-sky hope is the switch gets the same super-basic discord integration that xbone did

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

KingSlime posted:

Basic messaging services for one? Those usually cost $0 a year so

Zuckerberg tried to buy SnapChat for $3 billion, Nintendo doesn't have that kinda money

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

lol

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

If you can read this you can read
I'm betting on:

Mother 3
Animal Crossing teaser
More Smash whatever

I'd really like some more cRPG announcements like Divinity II. I can't complain much since Civ VI is going to eat all of my free times once it comes out.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

SeANMcBAY posted:

They allow voice chat in Fortnite which would probably be the platform of choice for sickos to try and lure children these days. I guess they’d consider that Epic’s problem.

Splatoon 2 has voice chat in LAN mode, and it's like the voice chat in Rocket League. It exists, but it's garbage, so just use Discord.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Where are all the Mother 3 rumors suddenly coming from? It seems way out of left field.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
When are there not mother 3 rumors? It's a tired meme at this point

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's less rumors and more people not knowing when the gently caress to let go.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Macaluso posted:

Because I want to play it now. What a weird question

What if you could play the demo now, or no demo and get one more character?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I will never let go of the dream

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Steve Yun posted:

As it stands I’d rather have one singular meal than a rental version of Tetris or whatever.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Astro7x posted:

You see a runaway trolley moving toward an unannounced Smash Bros Ultimate newcomer tied up on the tracks. You are standing next to a lever that controls a switch (note: not a Nintendo Switch). If you pull the lever, the trolley will be redirected onto a side track and the newcomer on the main track will be saved. However, there is a Smash Bros Ultimate demo lying on the side track. You have two options:

1. Do nothing and allow the trolley to kill the newcomer on the main track.
2. Pull the lever, diverting the trolley onto the side track where it will kill the demo.

Which is the most ethical option?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Astro7x posted:

demo now, unless I get to choose the character

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Spring Heeled Jack posted:

I'm betting on:

Mother 3
Animal Crossing teaser
More Smash whatever

I'd really like some more cRPG announcements like Divinity II. I can't complain much since Civ VI is going to eat all of my free times once it comes out.
I'll take you up on this bet.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Honestly, I'd take the demo, I'm good on newcomers actually.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
Earthbound makes me think of how great being able to re-map buttons on the Wii U virtual console was. I set Earthbound up to where I could play it one handed and smoke drugs or arm wrestle with the other hand

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

You could already play it one-handed on the SNES by using the L button as the A button.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Astro7x posted:

I got Ridley, Dark Samus, and mid-air charging. Give us the demo.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

DariusLikewise posted:

I sure hope you enjoy playing games that have already been out on other platforms for over a year!

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Waffleman_ posted:

You could already play it one-handed on the SNES by using the L button as the A button.

And Select was your B/cancel button. It was a great little UX touch. The only thing you ever needed the right side of the controller for was to ring the bell on the bicycle with R, and once you get Paula you can't use the bike anymore anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I think we’ll officially get Mother 3 someday but through a remake along with 1/2 remakes. I can’t see Nintendo translating a GBA rom at this point.

• Locked thread