Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Team Bazza for life yo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoylentCola
Mar 21, 2001

Ultra Carp
I'm football weekly all the way but Barry probably needs to let it go now as he is coming off like a scorned lover.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
One of the most pathetic feuds lol

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I don't follow them on social media at all but surely they are just messing around right? They know they share the same audience. I read that tweet in barry's usual sarcastic tone of voice (unless I'm missing some thing).

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
His actions are certainly consistent with an insecure guy reminiscing about his past glories.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Jippa posted:

I don't follow them on social media at all but surely they are just messing around right? They know they share the same audience. I read that tweet in barry's usual sarcastic tone of voice (unless I'm missing some thing).

I thought so at first, but it's been going on for over a year now. I'm sure he's playing it up, but it does seem like there's some animosity there.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
I know he's always being sarcastic and curmudgeonly, but I think he's mostly serious about hating the Totally Show. I think I've read before that Barry and Jimbo never really got on (aside from their on-air personas), but it feels like the manner of the split is what really rankled. From what I've gathered it was literally only a few days before the season started that Mackintosh and Jimbo decided to leave and start their own show - remember the first few episodes they didn't even have a web site or social media set up or anything. And of course all the jokes about Max being an emergency replacement like Gareth Southgate.

Handing out flyers at a competing live show seems like pretty poor form though

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Yeah but what exactly has changed? Barry is a guardian journalist and the podcast they have is as successful as it always was. I honestly think way to much is being read into all this.

He's just ribbing them on twitter. I think it's good for business.

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

I was at the live show in Manchester (even got my question read out: https://twitter.com/JingleBells/status/1037397231127724032 ).
It was briefly mentioned as the Totally Football Show are playing the same venue next month - Barry said he's no grudges about AC Jimbo and said he'd bumped into him recently and had a chat - however from what I've read on twitter he really dislikes Michael Cox & Iain Macintosh. Max also asked how many were going to see TTFS live - most of us put our hands up.

As for how the live show was - it was fairly football-lite really - Barry and Max mostly going about funny things rather than anything analytical - although Sid & Lars occasionally tried to make a serious point. I went to a Blizzard talk at the football museum a few days before with Rory Smith, Jonathan Wilson, Miguel Delaney & Jonathan Northcroft - that was really good and far more interesting although Miguel Delaney needs to build up some anecdotes - most of the time when asked few throw away questions (best game between two poo poo teams, funniest thing someone in the crowd has shouted) he didn't have an answer

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Anyone else going to the TTFS show in Mcr or is it just JingleBells and I?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

webmeister posted:

Handing out flyers at a competing live show seems like pretty poor form though

Not really. It's funny and all, but if you go to a comedy gig, there will be people outside afterwards handing out flyers to other comedy gigs. It's not like they were trying to lure people away from the show or anything.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I may be wrong but I thought Barry got on okay with Jimbo but Iain and him didn't like one another. Which based on that interview where Iain blew off the idea of Barry being on the TFS isn't a suprise.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I cannot think of a footballer I would want to hear a half hour interview less than michael owen.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
That came up in my feed and I immediately deleted it.

Though I'd listen if they let Pete do it.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Crouch on Second Captains instead.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Hmmmmmm phillipe auclair defending Hugo loris drink driving... Rowed back on it pretty quickly though.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

He wasn't defending it, he just doesn't see the need for further punishment outside of the courts.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I can understand not liking Iain Macintosh because his Football Manager book is loving awful.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I’d go to see Phillipe Auclair live if ever he appeared in one of them

Harry Lime
Feb 27, 2008

The email section of the Ramble this week is one of the funniest things they have done in a while.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I think the problem the totally football show has is that while jimbo is really good and recurring people like michael cox are good also they never really develop any chemistry like the other pods.

It's a really easy barometer with podcasts. If you don't have enough time to listen to all of them which one do you put on when you do have time.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

I listen to them when I go to bed and Barry's voice is the most soothing so I always go with Football Weekly

SoylentCola
Mar 21, 2001

Ultra Carp

Bogan Krkic posted:

I listen to them when I go to bed and Barry's voice is the most soothing so I always go with Football Weekly

I am waiting for Barry's Cowcast. Also Jippa is spot on.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Harry Lime posted:

The email section of the Ramble this week is one of the funniest things they have done in a while.

Yeah that was amazing. I think they’ve done it before, no?

The full version of the Going for Gold song killed me as well, it had that sideshow-bob-rake thing where it was funny, went on too long and became unfunny, then kept going and wrapped around to funny again

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
They read an email from some one complaining about them discussing politics with the stan music a while back.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I listened to all the Peter Crouch podcast episodes today and it was an agreeable listen

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Gold at the end of FW today.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Not listened to FW yet but the Ramble has been awesome so far this season

I love Going for Glold or "Gee Four Gee"

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Jonathan wilson is such a lovable nerd.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Mickolution posted:

Gold at the end of FW today.

I just caught up and this is an all time classic.

Jippa posted:

Jonathan wilson is such a lovable nerd.

One of my favourites for that reason.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

When Max was betting nobody knew the Premier League’s worst penalty taker I’m just thinking dude, WILSON is on the panel!

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

I very much enjoyed this week's FW

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
*extremely full volume yell*

COME ON!!!!!!!!!!

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I loved max's ink cartridge reference.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Lol

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
No Alexi Lalas? For shame.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

That bit about Max’s wedding gift was just perfect, especially after the Macintosh jibes earlier in the show

AttitudeAdjuster
May 2, 2010
The panel's total inability to talk about the games Max was asking them about and his increasingly tetchy reactions were great too.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Anyone listened to Peter Crouch’s podcast? I’ve seen that it’s supposed to be funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

blue footed boobie posted:

Anyone listened to Peter Crouch’s podcast? I’ve seen that it’s supposed to be funny.

Just started listening today. I'm only about 20 mins into the England ep and I can already tell I'll really enjoy this. The Prince Harry bit at the beginning is great.