Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Damnit, damnit, damnit. I just had a 4 team trade figured out in my dynasty salary cap league. Was going to be a masterpiece yet.

Was gonna start with:

quote:

QB: Phillip Rivers
RB: Melvin Gordon
RB: Jordan Howard
WR: Mike Evans
WR: TY Hilton
WR: Rishard Matthews
TE: Zach Ertz
FLEX: Peyton Barber
FLEX: Phillip Lindsay
SFLEX: Derek Carr or Carson Wentz (when he gets back)

$12 salary cap free

- Trade Zach Ertz ($122) to Team A for Cam Newton ($133)
- Trade Cam Newton to Team B for Julio Jones ($156)
- Trade Derek Carr ($48) to Team C for Jordan Reed ($24)

End with:

quote:

QB: Phillip Rivers
RB: Melvin Gordon
RB: Jordan Howard
WR: Julio Jones
WR: Mike Evans
WR: TY Hilton
TE: Jordan Reed
FLEX: Peyton Barber
FLEX: Phillip Lindsay
SFLEX: Carson Wentz (when he gets back)

$11 salary cap free

But the dude with Julio traded for Matt freakin' Stafford while I was in class and even sent a 2nd round pick with Julio wtf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

89 posted:

trade

You have a problem, friend.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Welp, I bid $45/$200 for Yeldon as the Fournette owner and thought I was definitely overpaying. I lost the bid because someone bid $80/$200 on him which seems absurd (he isn't my opponent which I could kinda understand). I don't think I should have spent over 40% of my FAAB in the first week to get Yeldon, but it leaves my RB situation a bit iffy.

Current RB's include:
Leonard Fournette
Alex Collins
Kerryon Johnson
James White
Austin Ekeler

Would you drop any of them for Lindsey? I feel like I am probably panicking too early on Collins and Kerryon Johnson looks like he will be the feature back with involvement in the passing game. I am mostly thinking about my lineup for Week 2 and not sure who to play.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

pubic works project posted:

You have a problem, friend.

The draft is just the beginning.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

MrSargent posted:

Welp, I bid $45/$200 for Yeldon as the Fournette owner and thought I was definitely overpaying. I lost the bid because someone bid $80/$200 on him which seems absurd (he isn't my opponent which I could kinda understand). I don't think I should have spent over 40% of my FAAB in the first week to get Yeldon, but it leaves my RB situation a bit iffy.

Current RB's include:
Leonard Fournette
Alex Collins
Kerryon Johnson
James White
Austin Ekeler

Would you drop any of them for Lindsey? I feel like I am probably panicking too early on Collins and Kerryon Johnson looks like he will be the feature back with involvement in the passing game. I am mostly thinking about my lineup for Week 2 and not sure who to play.

I'd probably drop Ekeler for Lindsey.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Note: DeSean Jackson might have value as a wr2 now. Both bucs starting cbs are down so every game is going to be a shoot out.

Thoughts?

This is an argument for Godwin.

Agreed

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
What're the chances Lindsay maintains a 10-15 touch rate the rest of the season? Barring injury to him or Freeman of course.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Thanks everyone! Dropped Ekeler for Lindsey for the now, I didn't really have another player to drop to try and keep both of them. Not gonna drop Edelman or Enunwa at this point.

I'm thinking of starting Enunwa over Crabtree for my flex this week since Enunwa was seeing like 40%+ of the targets or something crazy.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
Really hurting now that Baldwin is joining Bell in the land of unplayables. This is a 10 person, ppr league.

Cam Newton, Alex Smith

LeVeon Bell, Christian McCaffery, Carlos Hyde

Doyle, Njoku

M.Thomas, Fitzgerald, Baldwin

Tate, Crabtree

Denver, Atlanta

But I still feel pretty good about my team. I'm going to try and get Chris Thompson or Cobb for some added depth while I wait out the holdout and injury. Not sure who I'd drop though. I have to roster two TEs so that's not an option.

I think I can weather the storm until Baldwin gets back. Not sure what to do about Bell..

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

decypher posted:

Really hurting now that Baldwin is joining Bell in the land of unplayables. This is a 10 person, ppr league.

Cam Newton, Alex Smith

Doyle, Njoku

Tate, Crabtree

Denver, Atlanta

But I still feel pretty good about my team. I'm going to try and get Chris Thompson or Cobb for some added depth while I wait out the holdout and injury. Not sure who I'd drop though. I have to roster two TEs so that's not an option.

I think I can weather the storm until Baldwin gets back. Not sure what to do about Bell..

Uhhhhhhh...you drop Alex Smith. There is no reason to hold two QBs in a 10 team league.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Uhhhhhhh...you drop Alex Smith. There is no reason to hold two QBs in a 10 team league.

or two TEs.

e: nevermind, just read that you have to roster two. my bad.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

I have to roster two QBs and two TEs in this league. It's the rules.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Dump Baldwin for Thompson outright. Thompson is really valuable in PPR, 10 teams or not

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

decypher posted:

I have to roster two QBs and two TEs in this league. It's the rules.

That is a stupid rear end rule.

Do you have to roster two defenses? Drop a defense.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Poque posted:

Dump Baldwin for Thompson outright. Thompson is really valuable in PPR, 10 teams or not

This and/or that ATL defense.

best part about 10 team leagues (especially when you have to stupidly roster 2 qb's and 2 te's) means there is a ton of talent out there on the WW.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Dear Yahoo,

Please designate Doug Baldwin as OUT so I can stick him in my IR slot please.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Alfalfa posted:

This and/or that ATL defense.

best part about 10 team leagues (especially when you have to stupidly roster 2 qb's and 2 te's) means there is a ton of talent out there on the WW.

True, lots of talent to be had. Leaning heading the suggestion and just dropping Baldwin for Thompson if I can't find a trade for Baldwin.

That is a stupid rear end rule.

Do you have to roster two defenses? Drop a defense.

Yeah, must roster two defenses and two kickers. Must have at least two WRs and two RBs and 3 flex spots rostered, as well. Now you know some of the roster rules in my BML. It's an enormous league with 40 players. 4 divisions each with their own player list so in the playoffs you could be facing your own player, cancelling each other out.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Feeling good with a current PPR double FLEX (12 team) roster of

Stafford, Keenum
Kamara, Ajayi, Coleman, Crowell, Ekeler
K Allen, Fitz, Landry, E Sanders, Cobb
Ebron
Legatron
Denver

Would it be worth packaging Sanders or Cobb with Crowell to grab a high targets TE like Doyle or Kittle?

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Gorman Thomas posted:

Feeling good with a current PPR double FLEX (12 team) roster of

Stafford, Keenum
Kamara, Ajayi, Coleman, Crowell, Ekeler
K Allen, Fitz, Landry, E Sanders, Cobb
Ebron
Legatron
Denver

Would it be worth packaging Sanders or Cobb with Crowell to grab a high targets TE like Doyle or Kittle?

No, Ebron is in the same tier of those two and all three of those players are worth more.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

decypher posted:

Yeah, must roster two defenses and two kickers. Must have at least two WRs and two RBs and 3 flex spots rostered, as well. Now you know some of the roster rules in my BML. It's an enormous league with 40 players. 4 divisions each with their own player list so in the playoffs you could be facing your own player, cancelling each other out.

This may be super dumb but it sounds incredibly fun tbh

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

RCarr posted:

Dear Yahoo,

Please designate Doug Baldwin as OUT so I can stick him in my IR slot please.

This isn't a Yahoo thing; Yahoo is actually really quick to update statuses. Baldwin has not officially been ruled out, even though everyone knows he won't play.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

decypher posted:

Cam Newton, Alex Smith

Doyle, Njoku

Tate, Crabtree

Denver, Atlanta

Why are you carrying 2 defenses especially with the centerpiece of the Atlanta defense being dead?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

This isn't a Yahoo thing; Yahoo is actually really quick to update statuses. Baldwin has not officially been ruled out, even though everyone knows he won't play.

Bahh that's silly, but thanks for the info. I didn't know that.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Is Kelvin Benjamin completely jettisonable in dynasty at this point? There was a brief moment there where it looked like he might be ok, but with the new Bills and his apparent further descent into apathy is it too late to hope he'll pull his head out of his rear end?

I'm tempted to hang on to him for the week regardless just in case Allen turns out to be some sort of wunderkind

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Azhais posted:

Is Kelvin Benjamin completely jettisonable in dynasty at this point? There was a brief moment there where it looked like he might be ok, but with the new Bills and his apparent further descent into apathy is it too late to hope he'll pull his head out of his rear end?

I'm tempted to hang on to him for the week regardless just in case Allen turns out to be some sort of wunderkind

I cut him in my dynasty league, but it was because he cost $10 out of a $250 salary cap. If I had him for $1 or $2 I might have hung onto him on the chance of him being useful.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

decypher posted:

True, lots of talent to be had. Leaning heading the suggestion and just dropping Baldwin for Thompson if I can't find a trade for Baldwin.

No one is going to trade you anything for a guy who is out 2-6 weeks. At least, nothing that you would want in a 10 team league.

Edit: I see it is PPR. If Thompson is a FA add him immediately

coronaball fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Sep 12, 2018

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Since I have Kittle I just dropped Eifert for the Bears, even though I already have Denver. The schedules seem to synergize well.

Denver: OAK, BAL, KC, NYJ, LAR, ARI, KC, HOU, BYE, LAC, PIT, CIN, SF, CLE, OAK

Chicago: SEA, ARI, TB, BYE, MIA, NE, NYJ, BUF, DET, MIN, DET, NYG, LAR, GB, SF

So combining them:

Week 2: Denver (OAK)
Week 3: Chicago (ARI)
Week 4: Chicago (TB)
Week 5: Denver (NYJ)
Week 6: Chicago (MIA)
Week 7: Denver (ARI)
Week 8: Chicago (NYJ)
Week 9: Chicago (BUF)
Week 10: Chicago (DET)
Week 11: Denver (LAC)
Week 12: Chicago (DET)
Week 13: Chicago (NYG)
Week 14: Denver (SF)
Week 15: Denver (CLE)
Week 16: Denver (OAK)

Week 11 is the worst and obviously projecting to the end of the season is a bad idea, but at least for the start of the season having two really solid defenses with good schedules should be useful.

Good stuff. I already have the Vikings but picked up the Bears for similar offsetting.

Although they had the worst showing last week, the Chargers are paper-good and also have juicy matchups:

Week 2: @BUF
Week 3: @LAR (no)
Week 4: SF
Week 5: OAK
Week 6: @CLE
Week 7: TEN
Week 8: bye
Week 9: @SEA
Week 10: OAK
Week 11: DEN
Week 12: ARI
Week 13: @PIT (nah)
Week 14: CIN
Week 15: @KC (no thanks)
Week 16: BAL (I’ll pass)

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I have way too many RBs because I'm just throwing a lot of poo poo at the wall to see what sticks at RB2, but my WR depth is really thin. Would you drop any of these

James White
Duke Johnson
Derrick Henry
Latavius Murray
Chris Carson
Matt Breida
Jalen Richard

For either Will Fuller or Bruce Ellington? WW is pretty bare otherwise. I'm thinking of just letting it ride another week and seeing what shakes out and my starters are Keenan Allen and Larry Fitz, so it's not like I'm hurting.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I'd drop half of them for Fuller. Breida, Murray and Richard are barely rosterable.

Evig Vandrar
Jan 15, 2017
Sterling Shepard is available in my 14 team standard league. Do I drop Robby Anderson for him?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Evig Vandrar posted:

Sterling Shepard is available in my 14 team standard league. Do I drop Robby Anderson for him?

Is Anderson your best drop? Seems unlikely in a 14 teamer.

Evig Vandrar
Jan 15, 2017
Well the bench is

WR: Goodwin, Anderson, Ross (waiting to get dropped for Ingram, I hope), John Brown
RB: AP, Powell

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Poque posted:

This may be super dumb but it sounds incredibly fun tbh

Best of all, we meet weekly to do transactions at a local bar. A lot of wheeling and dealing, and even more drinking. It's a blast.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Evig Vandrar posted:

Well the bench is

WR: Goodwin, Anderson, Ross (waiting to get dropped for Ingram, I hope), John Brown

I'd sit tight, personally.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Evig Vandrar posted:

Well the bench is

Yeah, I agree on sitting tight. As nice as Sterling Shepard is, your worst player is John Brown and I'd rather have him.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Suave Fedora posted:

Good stuff. I already have the Vikings but picked up the Bears for similar offsetting.

Although they had the worst showing last week, the Chargers are paper-good and also have juicy matchups:

Week 2: @BUF
Week 3: @LAR (no)
Week 4: SF
Week 5: OAK
Week 6: @CLE
Week 7: TEN
Week 8: bye
Week 9: @SEA
Week 10: OAK
Week 11: DEN
Week 12: ARI
Week 13: @PIT (nah)
Week 14: CIN
Week 15: @KC (no thanks)
Week 16: BAL (I’ll pass)

It looks like the centerpiece of LAC, Joey Bosa, is going to miss a few games. That decreases their appeal considerably. Outside of Buffalo I'm not sure I'd keep them.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Quiet Feet posted:

I have way too many RBs because I'm just throwing a lot of poo poo at the wall to see what sticks at RB2, but my WR depth is really thin. Would you drop any of these

James White
Duke Johnson
Derrick Henry
Latavius Murray
Chris Carson
Matt Breida
Jalen Richard

For either Will Fuller or Bruce Ellington? WW is pretty bare otherwise. I'm thinking of just letting it ride another week and seeing what shakes out and my starters are Keenan Allen and Larry Fitz, so it's not like I'm hurting.

Yeah I'd drop the last 4 for Fuller.

Edit: Wait, not Carson. I'd drop Murray, Breida, and definitely Richard for Will Fuller.

pubic works project fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Sep 12, 2018

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It looks like the centerpiece of LAC, Joey Bosa, is going to miss a few games. That decreases their appeal considerably. Outside of Buffalo I'm not sure I'd keep them.

A few games? Have you not heard?

He died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

A few games? Have you not heard?

He died.

Welp.