Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Can't scoff the 'dolf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Lowtax posted:

Holy poo poo, whoever did this is loving hilarious.

lmao

imandyyo
Mar 19, 2012
This is super serious and our law firm is prepared to take you to court. *Goes on to have unprofessional email exchanges and respond to comical insults.*

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

I loving KNEW it!!! Rich you will rue this day

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I will step as the dont post Hitler images on this forum. I already sent my resume.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Since this is a law firm, I encourage all of you to not do anything illegal to the glorious law firm of Higbee and Associates, especially since their entire modus operandi is pursuing frivolous lawsuits. That said, hahahahahahahahahhaaaaa

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

Alan Smithee posted:

Ayo taxman Santa Ana Is like an hour away. Want me to pay a visit

Buy me a steak and I'm down to make a trip

My office is 5 minutes away from them and I pass their offices every day on my commute to work.

If I didn't mind a frivolous lawsuit that'd ruin my life I'd go ask if I could rent a Hitler costume for Halloween since their google listing is for Costume Rentals.

Mahnarch
Jan 7, 2008

Landing?
Do, or Do Not.
There is no 'Try'.

Good Dog posted:

My office is 5 minutes away from them and I pass their offices every day on my commute to work.

If I didn't mind a frivolous lawsuit that'd ruin my life I'd go ask if I could rent a Hitler costume for Halloween since their google listing is for Costume Rentals.

How much are life-sized cardboard cut-outs?

Unrelated*: Can someone start a fundraiser to make up a bunch of cardboard cut-outs of the offending photo and have Good Dog place them all about the H&A property over night?

*I'm lying. It's completely related.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Good Dog posted:

If you can pose as hitler in front of their sign, that could work.

JoaoVitorBF
Aug 31, 2018

I AM THE DARKNESS

Mahnarch posted:

How much are life-sized cardboard cut-outs?

Unrelated*: Can someone start a fundraiser to make up a bunch of cardboard cut-outs of the offending photo and have Good Dog place them all about the H&A property over night?

*I'm lying. It's completely related.

I would gladly donate :10bux: for that.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I found Higbee’s Amazon profile:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/profile/amzn1.account.AGVFPEP5YDEEPVT4ZBMQ45VMVYLA/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_pdp?ie=UTF8

Mathew Killmonger Higbee posted:

The 2005 version of the Bad News Bears is the same story as the 1976 version, but it is far from the same movie.

The 1976 movie is a classic. The late Walther Matthau was perfectly cast as the lovable boozer, coach Buttermaker. Tatum O'Neil, who already had an Academy Award in her trophy case, brought comedy and tenderness to the movie as the tenacious, yet emotionally fragile pitcher, Amanda. While the movie was hilarious and a great social commentary on an American institution, it was the tender relationship between Matthau and O'Neal that made the movie work.

The remake is commendable for staying so true to the original; the few differences include an updated demographic mix of players and updated scenes- skateboard parks replaced pool halls and Hooters replaced Pizza Hut.

Despite the fidelity to the original, the remake fouls classic lines and the relationship between Amanda and Buttermaker strikes out. The cast of the remake turns in a minor league performance. Except for Billy Bob Thorton as coach Buttermaker and Greg Kinnear who played the roll of the opposing coach who was originally played by Vic Morrow, the casting was very poor. The modern cast of supporting players whiff on comic timing where the old cast hit homeruns. They seem as poorly coached on the set as their characters did on the field.

Billy Bob Thorton is the only actor of this generation that could even attempt to follow in Matthau's cleats. And while Thorton does a good job putting his own touches on Buttermaker, his acting often seems uninspired and doesn't generate the sympathy that one felt for Mathau's portrayal. Nevertheless, it is his performance that makes the movie tolerable. His best scenes are with Kinnear.

The original's score of classical music provided a subtle backdrop for the crass comedy. The remake uses the classical music too sparingly. The entire juxtaposition of innocence and vulgarity that worked so well in the original is also out of whack.

As far as remakes go, the 2005 version is average, but it is no substitute for original. Billy Bob Thorton fans will definitely want to watch it, but anyone else should sit this one out.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

It's weird how this guy's latest product review is a tiki torch

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

know why they call this guy quattro turdioni? 'cuz he's a pizza poo poo.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

ditty bout my clitty posted:

If you can pose as hitler in front of their sign, that could work.

That is completely inappropriate and offensive!

Go dressed as Stalin.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

gotta rent an SS outfit from these guys

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Looks like they're buying making their interns write positive reviews.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Geemer posted:

Looks like they're buying making their interns write positive reviews.

Maybe they are using fiverr.com

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

It'd be super funny if we all uploaded these hitler images under the name higbee and associates so that any search of the firm would just turn up hitler photos.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
I just don't understand why they aren't going after Imgur. In all honesty I think a case could be made that they bear a huge responsibility to ensure non copyritghted images are not uploaded. As their business model relies on content being uploaded.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Crowsbeak posted:

I just don't understand why they aren't going after Imgur. In all honesty I think a case could be made that they bear a huge responsibility to ensure non copyritghted images are not uploaded. As their business model relies on content being uploaded.

they probably have and got back an unpopular opinion puffin image macro or something

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I found the copyright registry listing for Christopher Sadowski's Hitler images.

Does it matter at all that the image was copyrighted two days after it was published in an article by the New York Post?

potentiallycool
Nov 7, 2011

Homie
Fallen Rib
I seriously doubt they realise what can of worms they have opened on themselves. I mean this could be Doobie 2.0.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Egbert Souse posted:

Does it matter at all that the image was copyrighted two days after it was published in an article by the New York Post?

I believe it's copywrited the moment it's created.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Egbert Souse posted:

I found the copyright registry listing for Christopher Sadowski's Hitler images.

it doesn't, the photographer coulda copyrighted it yesterday

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Crowsbeak posted:

That would require actual competent lawyering instead of just sending out extortion letters

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
officially, copyright is established the second a creator produces something that's duplicable. the original character do not steal notices are, in fact, perfectly admissible claims of copyright. official registration of the copyright just sets a rough buoy in the seas of time when that production happened.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
Numberone poster wins again

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Crowsbeak posted:

imgur would just take the image down instead of get spooked by the scary letter and pay them money.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Crowsbeak posted:

It's a form of extortion; they don't have any intention of taking it to court and are just trying to spook you into paying up

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Could you imagine being the judge who has to preside over the Hitler Image Case?

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

Could you imagine being the judge who has to preside over the Hitler Image Case?

Lol some judge is going to have to read GBS

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
presidential poo poo tweets are recorded for prosperity thats just how it is now hahhahahaha there is much crying in my laughs

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Egbert Souse posted:

I wonder if there’s a support group for the FBI agents and Library of Congress archivists that have had to keep tabs on us.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

fruit on the bottom posted:

I wonder if there’s a support group for the FBI agents and Library of Congress archivists that have had to keep tabs on us.

As the BFI agent in charge of watching GBS, I have to say - you are all assholes.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

fruit on the bottom posted:

Pssshhhh yeah who’s the real victims here? :jerkbag:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Now that the EU has passed the internet copyright laws, you should move to ROmania or something and charge Higbee a buck every time he visits your webzone.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Senior Scarybagels posted:

As the BFI agent in charge of watching GBS, I have to say - you are all assholes.

The British Film Institute? Don't you guys have better things to watch? I recommend the 1985 Sherlock Holmes series with Jeremy Brett.

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

Senior Scarybagels posted:

BFI? I think you did a little too much LDS.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
drat, can't believe Lowtax is being sued by Adolf Hitler himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Egbert Souse posted:

Quick post more Hitlers

• Locked thread