Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Serf posted:

i heard it all the time on tv in the 90s so it felt like a real retro thing

do people think she made it up?

she made it up

during the 90s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

honestly given the seats that are up a projected ~1/3 chance of taking control is pretty good

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

what methodology makes the ca election of two dems and a write-in line only likely d? are they just using it as a proxy for feinstein's chances personally?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Mandoric posted:

what methodology makes the ca election of two dems and a write-in line only likely d? are they just using it as a proxy for feinstein's chances personally?

kevin de leon WHO IS NOT EVEN A DEMOCRAT

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

while i am p sure the succdems will gently caress up hilariously the fact nate is predicting they will makes me think they might not now

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Mandoric posted:

oh wait i figure it out. the map is drawn real lovely and solid blue/red is people not up for election. CA is one of the solid blue but up for election markers which are barely darker lean dem election markers because this fuckers dont know how to be clear

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Mandoric posted:

Yeah, it's the same shade as Klobuchar's 99 in 100 chance, but as mentioned the map is horribly designed

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003
ahh, love to use the same color for solid on the map and leaning on the breakdown

special election in ms is also weird af, all three of their models predict Espy to have the highest vote share but Hyde-Smith to win

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Typo posted:

don't they actually help poor people though?

i haven't done anything with habitat for humanity in a decade but my chuddy workplace of last year did a minor fundraising thing for them and the way they pitched it sure made it sound like they still made the poor people pay for the houses

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:
gently caress gormlord nate silver and his idiot crystal ball

"Clinton has an 80% chance to win Michigan" lmao

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

They set _herturn == false so the model should work properly now.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

LinYutang posted:

gently caress gormlord nate silver and his idiot crystal ball

"Clinton has an 80% chance to win Michigan" lmao

He was still the least wrong lol

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

"Huh, It's almost like forecasting isn't magic and historical trends can change quickly during periods of social upheaval

:thunk:

Let's just assume models are always right though, and ignore anybody saying differently"

- 2020 Dem presidential campaign

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
time for celebrity succ

https://twitter.com/NICKIMINAJ/status/1039971718952050692

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lol battle lines are drawn

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

They might have Nicki Minaj, but we have Cardi B

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

AnimeIsTrash posted:

The only good Carter is Lee Carter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK-o9JQM4hc

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

the bitcoin of weed posted:

i haven't done anything with habitat for humanity in a decade but my chuddy workplace of last year did a minor fundraising thing for them and the way they pitched it sure made it sound like they still made the poor people pay for the houses

Yes, people pay for their homes. It's significantly reduced though, and the terms are extremely lenient.

It was never intended to just give everyone a free house.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

freckle posted:

is it golf

its the rate of profit

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ALRIGHT FIRST THINGS FIRST I'LL SUCC YA BRAINS

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gently caress this trash

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.

spacetoaster posted:

give everyone a free house.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
https://twitter.com/susansarandon/status/1039939330830225408?s=21

https://twitter.com/davidcrosss/status/1039924071100755968?s=21

https://twitter.com/neeratanden/status/1039788496817405953?s=21

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

The Nastier Nate posted:

I think Cynthia Nixon must have ran over Bernie's dog or something because I just saw he made an endorsement for NY lt. governor, and literally every other progressive in the state except her.

Either that or maybe Bernie isn't that good.

Bernie mostly endorses dedicated proponents of change. Latecomers and celebrity protest campaigns might not meet his standards.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

joe biden foreverially student loaned

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

burn Hollywood and everyone in it to the ground

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
take 2 of me being naive about a celebrity: what's David Cross doing blaming Susan Sarandon for Trump, he was on Chapo

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Neera pay me cash monies to show you the mute function

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I’m very glad these people didn’t win whitehouse jobs

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Like, LOL at Neera literally blaming Susan Sarandon for putting kids in cages (rather than, y'know, herself for contributing to the world's worst campaign) but that's no surprise, we expect her to suck at everything

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
neera doesn’t know that twitter’s mute function is free

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

loquacius posted:

take 2 of me being naive about a celebrity: what's David Cross doing blaming Susan Sarandon for Trump, he was on Chapo

well i stopped the episode but the last one he was on he was arguing with felix about Farrakhan or something

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
https://twitter.com/alexkotch/status/1039947945431519232?s=21

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/alexkotch/status/1039950033830010880

lol these are all ghouls who hang out in the loving Congress building all day and think they're connected in any way to nyc beat reporters lol

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
check her bio for some :ironicat:

https://twitter.com/zerlinamaxwell/status/1039874905918107650?s=21

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Susan baited them, it's funny they chomped

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Nonsense posted:

I’m very glad these people didn’t win whitehouse jobs

Hollywood Celebrities are the future of this country

Celebrities have now clothing lines, shoe lines, perfume lines, they're entrepreneurs in this late stage so the obvious next logical step to capture their audience is governance

Trump has a star on the walk of fame, and Schwarzenegger was governor of California

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

lol that all these tweets are real

I hope Sarandon runs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

also

https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/1039988464677265408

quote:

Different sources provided different accounts of the contents of the letter, and some of the sources said they themselves had heard different versions, but the one consistent theme was that it describes an incident involving Kavanaugh and a woman while they were in high school. Kept hidden, the letter is beginning to take on a life of its own.

The woman who is the subject of the letter is now being represented by Debra Katz, a whistleblower attorney who works with #MeToo survivors. Joseph Abboud, an attorney at Katz’s firm, said that the firm was declining to comment. Emma Crisci, a spokesperson for Eshoo, declined to comment on the letter her office sent to Feinstein, saying that the office has a policy of not discussing what it called a constituent matter. A spokesperson for Feinstein did not respond to requests for comment.