Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Popete posted:

I sure hope you enjoy playing games that have already been out on other platforms for over a year!

Most people do. Literally nobody has an issue with this outside of icky gamer forums

Who has so much free time that they've gotten to play every good game that was released during the last three plus years?

Ports own and they've owned since the NES days. Ports sell and make $$$. The fact that they sometimes upset some people is a nice lil cherry on top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Some of these rumors are making me concerned. I know Nintendo is doing a lot to support indie games, but buying Newgrounds? That seems like a misstep.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Frank's Adventure 7 coming in December

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Guy Goodbody posted:

Some of these rumors are making me concerned. I know Nintendo is doing a lot to support indie games, but buying Newgrounds? That seems like a misstep.

Finally, Meet 'N gently caress gets ported to the Switch

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Popete posted:

I sure hope you enjoy playing games that have already been out on other platforms for over a year!

I literally haven't played through a video game since Fallout 4 so this is the exact reason I bought a Switch

Manky posted:

My favorites so far for <$30 are:
Yoku's Island Express (pinball metroidvania, has a demo, my favorite new game this year so far)
the Spectre Knight campaign for Shovel Knight (available standalone but the Treasure Trove is an A+ buy)
Rocket League (soccer with rocket-powered cars, kicks rear end)
and I guess I'll mention Fortnite for being free and actually a lot of fun, the $10 battle pass is an extremely good deal if you find yourself playing it regularly

There's a lot of other good stuff too but "what's good" is often a matter of heated debate

Thanks, I've been adding stuff to my Wishlist so I can hit sales

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Actual rumor: There's a Conception anime coming out next month so some people are thinking there's gonna be a new Conception game, or maybe just a port of the first one. And you know that would be on the Switch

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I'm gonna end up buying a secondhand wiiU and 3DSXL because Nintendo are so bad at putting their games on the switch

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I'm gonna end up buying a secondhand wiiU and 3DSXL because Nintendo are so bad at putting their games on the switch

That's what they want you to do.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Rudoku posted:

That's what they want you to do.

I think a secondhand product gets them 0 dollars.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
There's a Direct tomorrow. let's wait to get mad at them for not announcing the games we have decided they are going to announce so we can be mad at them for not announcing them until after they haven't done it?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

PICO Shoots Up!

content
Feb 13, 2014

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I hombrewed my 3DS and it is now my most played system.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

Frank's Adventure 7 coming in December

why are you corn now? what’s the story with this avatar being on 50 people

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

b_d posted:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/134787490526658561?lang=en

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I figured that was the reference but why, specifically

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

DariusLikewise posted:

Is there a updated list of what's good under 30 bucks on the EStore. I just got my Switch and there's so much goddamn trash on there

Hollow Knight
Shovel Knight
Celeste
Stardew Valley
Into the Breach

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Culdecept Saga Switch

WHEN

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Inzombiac posted:

Culdecept Saga Switch

WHEN

Good call.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Someone spends ten real dollars to put a tiny picture of some corn on your profile and you’re the owned one, somehow

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

b_d posted:

Oh I specifically requested it from whoever does it because I am going to make my Avatar Al Cornland Cobb as a joke. But I gotta make a good av first

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Forget that earthquake, the direct was rescheduled to a time when I'm off work. Woohoo

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Here Al I made you into a corndog like you asked

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Fitzy Fitz posted:

:laffo: :perfect:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Fitzy Fitz posted:

:piss:

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

CharlestheHammer posted:

I think a secondhand product gets them 0 dollars.

Then you buy the Virtual Console game for like 4-8 bucks of pure profit.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Guy Goodbody posted:

Actual rumor: There's a Conception anime coming out next month so some people are thinking there's gonna be a new Conception game, or maybe just a port of the first one. And you know that would be on the Switch

The only other reason would be to cash in on the Isekai craze. An average guy and his childhood friend being warped to a high fantasy land needing to make magic babies to fight evil isn't really out of place right now.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Do I look like a loving lsu fan?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I like how people were going crazy that the direct was never gonna happen when it was actually delayed to a very sensible “exactly one week later”

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Dehry posted:

The only other reason would be to cash in on the Isekai craze. An average guy and his childhood friend being warped to a high fantasy land needing to make magic babies to fight evil isn't really out of place right now.

There's also the meme about 57th Prime Minister of Japan Shinzo Abe desperately trying to improve Japan's declining birth rate.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dehry posted:

yeah but its not like Isekai wasn't really big when the game came out. Or when the sequel came out, for that matter.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Been playing early access Arena of Valor. I don't know what I'm doing to win but I am winning often and getting MVP. Maybe because the other side also don't know what they're doing. I'm sure I am playing inefficiently as gently caress and as soon as Real MOBA Players show up I'll be destroyed.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I take it Regalia never got a QoL update?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

What time does tomorrow's direct start?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ariong posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9xB3jR9eUQ

Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

Ariong posted:

3pm PDT

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.
Anyone else get a bug in hollow knight where the great slash just stops doing damage entirely?

Inzombiac posted:

Culdecept Saga Switch

WHEN

Seriously

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Guy Goodbody posted:

hate to break it to you Prime Minister of Japan Shinzo Abe but this will not fix the declining birthrate.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

strategery posted:

Anyone else get a bug in hollow knight

a few

Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

strategery posted:

Anyone else get a bug in hollow knight where the great slash just stops doing damage entirely?

strategery posted:

Anyone else get a bug in hollow knight

strategery posted:

a bug in hollow knight?

Hehe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

All I am hoping for tomorrow is news about Shin Megami Tensei V.

• Locked thread