Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Chiefs/Steelers is going to be a shoot out. I'm guessing at least 3 50+ yard tds from both teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

waah posted:

I honestly think the only reason McDermott isn't making Peterman start this week is because he knows that Peterman is going to get booed coming out of the tunnel on the home opener unless you have your defense come out first.

And then Peterman gets booed the second he comes on the field.

Josh Allen might be lucky enough to throw an interception or two before the boo birds come out.

The stadium went absolutely nuts cheering for an incompletion in preseason, so I think the fan base is pretty well conditioned to accept his lovely play for at least a little while. Having Peterman barf all over himself again is going to give Allen a whole lot of slack.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

fsif posted:

The stadium went absolutely nuts cheering for an incompletion in preseason, so I think the fan base is pretty well conditioned to accept his lovely play for at least a little while. Having Peterman barf all over himself again is going to give Allen a whole lot of slack.

allen throwing ints wont matter because he'll make 2 or 3 fuckin sick throws alongside them, which peterman never does

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Peterman shouldn't even be on the roster anymore

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

DariusLikewise posted:

Peterman shouldn't even be on the roster anymore

Seriously. If he can't last a game before you have to put in the rookie you tried to protect throughout training camp, then you have to find someone else and replace him.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I hear Jeff George is still sitting by his phone.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Matt Moore is the best remaining option. He at least has looked mediocre a few times. Could also picture a cheap trade for RG3 or McCown.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Just sign Hackenberg. The world must have its answer.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

fsif posted:

Beat me to it. The Bills clearly aren't interested in actually winning this year and there doesn't seem to be much of a benefit to playing Allen just yet (not that I believe there ever will be, but playing him now could actually hurt him). Sign Christian Hackenberg and let that guy throw some passes. poo poo, he'll even be bad enough that you can put Peterman back in eventually and people won't complain will complain less than they would have.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Want to distract myself at the moment, so... when does each new coach get their first win?

Here's weeks 2-8 for each team:

Colts: @Washington, @Eagles, Texans, @Patriots, @Jets, Bills, @Raiders.
Titans Texans, @Jaguars, Eagles, @Bills, Ravens, @Chargers <Bye>
Raiders @Broncos, @Dolphins, Browns, @Chargers, Seahawks, <Bye> Colts
Giants @Cowboys, @Texans, Saints, @Panthers, Eagles, @Falcons, Washington
Bears Seahawks, @Cardinals, Buccaneers, <Bye>, @Dolphins, Patriots, Jets
Lions @49ers, Patriots, @Cowboys, Packers, <Bye> @Dolphins, Seahawks
Cardinals @Rams, Bears, Seahawks, @49ers, @Vikings, Broncos, 49ers.

Bears look to have the easiest road and should be off this list fast.
Giants and Cowboys have some hilarious laughers, so that's a pretty good shot. Others are... tricky.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Kalli posted:

Want to distract myself at the moment, so... when does each new coach get their first win?

Here's weeks 2-8 for each team:

Colts: @Washington, @Eagles, Texans, @Patriots, @Jets, Bills, @Raiders.
Titans Texans, @Jaguars, Eagles, @Bills, Ravens, @Chargers <Bye>
Raiders @Broncos, @Dolphins, Browns, @Chargers, Seahawks, <Bye> Colts
Giants @Cowboys, @Texans, Saints, @Panthers, Eagles, @Falcons, Washington
Bears Seahawks, @Cardinals, Buccaneers, <Bye>, @Dolphins, Patriots, Jets
Lions @49ers, Patriots, @Cowboys, Packers, <Bye> @Dolphins, Seahawks
Cardinals @Rams, Bears, Seahawks, @49ers, @Vikings, Broncos, 49ers.

Bears look to have the easiest road and should be off this list fast.
Giants and Cowboys have some hilarious laughers, so that's a pretty good shot. Others are... tricky.

I don't see a win for the Titans until week 5 or the Cardinals until week 5 (if then). I'll take the Colts on the back of an Andrew Luck Lovefest.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
The Colts could beat Washington this week, and the Titans could beat the Texans.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--I think Washington's gonna be strangely solid this year. I could easily be wrong of course.

Gruden's getting a win fairly soon one way or another. Cards Bears will take care of one of those teams. If the Bears win that Cards/Seahawks seems like a potential win for Arizona just because its in division at home and even when Seattle was awesome they always seemed to play tough games against each other.

I think the Titans are capable of beating the Texans, and if all else fails that Bills game will happen eventually.

Man the Colts schedule is kinda rough if they can't beat up on Nick Foles. Even if they did manage that the defense might be too good. They might have to wait for the Bills if that doesn't work.

The Lions might be stuck waiting for a while.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Sep 12, 2018

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

The Lions might be stuck waiting for a while.

You're giving the Cowboys too much credit. They're going to suck out loud this season.

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002

Diqnol posted:

You're giving the Cowboys too much credit. They're going to suck out loud this season.

Maybe, but he's giving the Lions the proper amount of credit

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/JeffEisenband/status/1039553802691649537

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
The Lions probably aren't going to be giving up 31 points in a single quarter every week, but we'll see how things go.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Acebuckeye13 posted:

The Lions probably aren't going to be giving up 31 points in a single quarter every week, so we'll see how things go.

Well they certainly won’t against Dallas

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

if my extensive playing of Madden games about 10 years ago taught me anything, its that you should definitely sign Adrian McPherson or DJ Shockley

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Alaois posted:

if my extensive playing of Madden games about 10 years ago taught me anything, its that you should definitely sign Adrian McPherson or DJ Shockley

Just sort by Speed and sign the WR that has the most of it, make them your slotback, kick returner and punt returner

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

DariusLikewise posted:

Just sort by Speed and sign the WR that has the most of it, make them your slotback, kick returner and punt returner

Sign Brian Finneran and move him to TE = unlimited touchdowns.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Lions first win is gonna be when the fire Jim Bob right before the BYE.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Docjowles posted:

(I didn't make this)

You will note, there are possibly 2 open players. One in the Endzone, the other the guy with the ball who I imagine if he ran straight-leaning left, may have been able to touch down.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Gatts posted:

You will note, there are possibly 2 open players. One in the Endzone, the other the guy with the ball who I imagine if he ran straight-leaning left, may have been able to touch down.

Huh, I didn't think about that before. Trubs has some wheels too.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ice Fist posted:

N:

V: No drugs huh?

Man what didn't Aaron Rodgers learn sitting behind Favre

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

kiimo posted:

Man what didn't Aaron Rodgers learn sitting behind Favre

What boobs feel like.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

fsif posted:

The worst football team ever fielded

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Bears could beat the hawks this week I think.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Do Not Steal christian hackenberg from my practice squad or there will be consequences

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Having Hackenberg on your practice squad is really beneficial to the defensive players. You have to stay incredibly alert as you never know when the interception is coming your way.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

CyberPingu posted:

Bears could beat the hawks this week I think.
Miller sacked Wilson three times on Sunday. Just imagine what Mack is going to do to him :unsmigghh:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Matt Moore retired he just hangs out at Miami facilities now

He’s gone on record saying his body’s done with football. Don’t forget he had two nasty concussions in 2 years

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/PFF_Chargers/status/1039972651681427456?s=19

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

cavallingus posted:

Miller sacked Wilson three times on Sunday. Just imagine what Mack is going to do to him :unsmigghh:

Probably around the same

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Wilson also has to face the Rams' D-line twice. He gonna die

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I'm fairly sure this is incorrect, I think James was in coverage on Hill on the third and 12 late-ish in the game. That or it was a completely blown coverage I guess but it sure looked like Hill just faked like he was going deep and got James to turn his hips before cutting on a deep out.

This play:

https://twitter.com/kent_swanson/status/1039496537687175168

e: I should note though that James does look like he's going to be really good.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

What happened to that chinese CGI news YouTube series that used to do funny football news

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

FAT BATMAN posted:

What happened to that chinese CGI news YouTube series that used to do funny football news

Trump!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Derwin James knocking that pass to DeAnthony Thomas in the endzone down was the moment where I was like well gently caress this guy's another star for the Chargers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
James is a stud
FITZPATRICK is also v good

Lotta good hybrids

• Locked thread