Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Also the Lions and Bears suck.

Discuss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Still have a whole game and a quarter till week 2!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Athanatos posted:

Still have a whole game and a quarter till week 2!

Premature celebrations haven't stopped me before!

*lives in a reality where that one NFCCG never happened*

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1039338332730413056

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Lol Patricia

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

and yet still people hire them. It's like gamblers fallacy, except with millions of dollars.

Also if we look at head coach debuts well. not a good week.

Gruden - Lost
Patricia - Lost
Vrabel - Lost
Reich - Lost
Wilks - Lost
Nagy - Lost

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/BairNBCS/status/1039389524919431169

if only you had an elite defensive player:allears:

https://twitter.com/LeviDamien/status/1039389586592395266

Word?

Dexo fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Sep 11, 2018

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Stealing this from the MLB thread who stole it from the NBA thread because it's interesting.

The Pussy Boss posted:

Stealing this from the NBA thread since it's interesting. Home field advantage in the four major American team sports:

What I get out of this is Denver is a cheat code and shouldn't be allowed to have professional teams in any sport. I mean christ, look at how far ahead the Nuggets and Rockies are than anyone else in their sport.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Next Man Ugh

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

Stealing this from the MLB thread who stole it from the NBA thread because it's interesting.

What I get out of this is Denver is a cheat code and shouldn't be allowed to have professional teams in any sport. I mean christ, look at how far ahead the Nuggets and Rockies are than anyone else in their sport.

Training at altitude is such a cheat code. I didn't realize how much it impacted even normal folks till I did a bike tour in wyoming at between 6k-9k feet. Just nuts the difference.

What im saying is idk how the Broncos don't win more games, also the Raiders should move to Laramie or some poo poo gently caress vegas. Just cheat code tiny stadium at 7200ft.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Grittybeard posted:

It's a shame the Phillies suck so much at home, because Citizen's Bank is really one of the nicest stadiums to see a ballgame in. No bad seats to be found.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
https://twitter.com/MBachSports/status/1039405085044879361

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

adaz posted:

Training at altitude is such a cheat code. I didn't realize how much it impacted even normal folks till I did a bike tour in wyoming at between 6k-9k feet. Just nuts the difference.

What im saying is idk how the Broncos don't win more games, also the Raiders should move to Laramie or some poo poo gently caress vegas. Just cheat code tiny stadium at 7200ft.

I root for SDSU. Football games and basketball games in Laramie are loving awful.

A few years back we had a basketball game go to halftime with a score of 12-9. WE WERE RANKED.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

I root for SDSU. Football games and basketball games in Laramie are loving awful.

A few years back we had a basketball game go to halftime with a score of 12-9. WE WERE RANKED.

No way. How do I not remember this?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

the lions reaction pics last night were just incredible

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
How many more 30 point losses does Patricia get before his sexual assault allegation reappears into the public consciousness?

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

FizFashizzle posted:

the lions reaction pics last night were just incredible

Truely amazing

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Hizawk posted:

Truely amazing

:chloe:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hizawk posted:

Truely amazing

The ones who stayed likely all lived through at least 5 worse moments, so this was nothing and will probably be eclipsed by yet another worse moment later in the year

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Was there another Patriots defensive coordinator who got a head coaching job between Patricia and Crennell, because if not, maybe you shouldn't hire Pats D coordinators as head coaches.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Grittybeard posted:

I like how the Portland Trailblazers are near the top of that list too. Considering their only other sports competition is the (relatively new) MLS team.

I only caught the Detroit massacre on radio as I was driving. I am sad I didn’t get to hear Gruden being ground up.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

waah posted:

Was there another Patriots defensive coordinator who got a head coaching job between Patricia and Crennell, because if not, maybe you shouldn't hire Pats D coordinators as head coaches.

Mangini (33-47)

Not a Pats DC but got his start in the league scouting for Belichick's Browns and then DC'd everywhere else but the Lions: Schwartz (29-51)

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Why does the Colorado Hockey team not have the same advantage as the other Denver teams?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Why does the Colorado Hockey team not have the same advantage as the other Denver teams?

Smoking a 10 pack a day counteracts it.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Grittybeard posted:

:feelsgood:

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/Redskins/status/1038920060566294529

Would have been cooler if they pretended to shoot an unarmed Quinton Dunbar.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

N:

quote:

Stafford now has five career games with at least four interceptions, the most of any quarterback in the NFL since he entered the league in 2009.

V: Matthew Stafford is the best QB in the league with 5 games of at least 4 interceptions since 2009

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Chris James 2 posted:

N:

V: Matthew Stafford is the best QB in the league with 5 games of at least 4 interceptions since 2009

Brett Favre has one 6 interception game and one 5 interception game under his belt. I'm sure he had at least three 4 pick games as well. Stafford once again can never escape #4's shadow hanging on the NFC north.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--a 6 pick game (playoffs) a 5 pick game and six 4 pick games it looks like (one in the playoffs). 32 (!) 3 pick games.

Chris James 2 posted:

N:

He really slowed down on the turnovers the last few years. He'll still throw some interceptions but more like good Philip Rivers years rather than up towards 20 which he did a lot when he was younger.

Well up until last night that is.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Sep 11, 2018

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mr. Nice! posted:

Brett Favre has one 6 interception game and one 5 interception game under his belt. I'm sure he had at least three 4 pick games as well. Stafford once again can never escape #4's shadow hanging on the NFC north.

The 6-INT was Jan 2002, the 5-INT was Oct 2005. Favre had no game with more than 3 in 2009 or '10 per PFR

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lol

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1039509104300056576

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

He's gonna be as good as Michael Floyd!!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chris James 2 posted:

The 6-INT was Jan 2002, the 5-INT was Oct 2005. Favre had no game with more than 3 in 2009 or '10 per PFR

I think Mr Nice was just pointing out that whatever he does Stafford will never live up to Favre's career in any metric.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

My favorite Brett Favre memory was his last game against the Panthers as a Packer, in Carolina.

Carolina had a comfortable lead midway through the third, and just like clockwork they went into clock kill mode. The Packers mounted a furious comeback, and Brett Favre could not be stopped in the fourth.

The Panthers had a chance to end the game by just getting a first down or two, but instead ran it up the gut three times and punted. The Packers were down three with like 1:50 left and everyone in the stands knew what was about to happen.

then Favre loving sailed a pass over everyone right to a safety and that was that.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Ok but hear me out here: Can he catch a punt without using his face mask?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Ok but hear me out here: Can he catch

whoa now, you're asking for too much here

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

Sometimes that conspiracy theory that Belichick is purposefully seeding the league with guys he knows won't be any good as head coaches doesn't sound so crazy after all.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Al Groh is definitely more of a Parcells guy.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Al Groh is definitely more of a Parcells guy.

I was going to ask how the Jets of all teams fired a guy with an above .500 record, but he apparently spent a year there and then noped out on his own to coach Virginia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Grittybeard posted:

I think Mr Nice was just pointing out that whatever he does Stafford will never live up to Favre's career in any metric.

Exactly. Brett Favre is the greatest because he's also the worst. Stafford can't even be the best at being bad.

• Locked thread