Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Thread Title shall we name this new thread?
This poll is closed.
Independence Day 2: Resturgeonce 44 21.36%
ScotPol - Unclustering this gently caress 19 9.22%
Trainspotting 2: Independence is my heroin 9 4.37%
Indyref II: Boris hosed a Dead Country 14 6.80%
ScotPol: Wings over Bullshit 8 3.88%
Independence 2: Cameron Lied, UK Died 24 11.65%
Scotpol IV: I Vow To Flee My Country 14 6.80%
ScotPol - A twice in a generation thread 17 8.25%
ScotPol - Where Everything's hosed Up and the Referendums Don't Matter 15 7.28%
ScotPol Thread: Dependence Referendum Incoming 2 0.97%
Indyref II: The Scottish Insturgeoncy 10 4.85%
ScotPol Thread: Act of European Union 5 2.43%
ScotPol - Like Game of Thrones only we wish we would all die 25 12.14%
Total: 206 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
I don't think your 'because' there is supported by the text, flaps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alertrelic
Apr 18, 2008

Pissflaps posted:

What leverage does a few thousand wide eyed nationalists donating cash give him if he’s found guilty of sexually assaulting women?

forkboy84 posted:

And Alex Salmond is not a man short on money. quarter of a mil from RT doesn't cover his legal fees plus the apparent "need" to find out public opinion?

Labour's line, out today, is that he is "sending a signal to those who have made the allegations that he has the upper hand". I'd argue its more a signal to the SNP leadership / Scottish Government (and I don't know whether it will help him out much), but in any case it's clear he knows what he's doing and who he's appealing to, no?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
What’s the signal?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Reads more to me like he knows he'll need the £250k he was paid by Putin now he's finished in politics.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Salmond’s sex crime fundraiser has closed after reaching double its target.

Who’d have thought that being accused of groping women could be so lucrative.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Pissflaps posted:

Salmond’s sex crime fundraiser has closed after reaching double its target.

Who’d have thought that being accused of groping women could be so lucrative.

To be fair the Venn diagram between people donating to that and people who think the women were probably asking for it is almost a perfect circle. Like Alex himself said 'he's been no angel but what he did wasn't illegal' so his argument seems to be not what he did. but if what he did was strictly illegal.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Total Meatlove posted:

The SNP contingent on Glasgow City Council and Glasgow Life have managed to create a shitstorm in a teacup by leaning on the board overseeing Rangers’ application for a fanzone around Ibrox.....

:lol: this has rumbled on and on because the SNP are shite and now;

https://twitter.com/susaninlangside/status/1035873418795737088?s=21

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Glasgow politics seems awful. Everyone seems to know each other and will not stop slinging shite directly and personally. Christ.

Also kudos to anyone who's been putting the effort in to actually argue that no, it's probably not a fabricated unionist allegation, yes, he probably did grope someone, because I've done a little bit of it and Christ is it tiring.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Coohoolin posted:

Glasgow politics seems awful. Everyone seems to know each other and will not stop slinging shite directly and personally. Christ.

Also kudos to anyone who's been putting the effort in to actually argue that no, it's probably not a fabricated unionist allegation, yes, he probably did grope someone, because I've done a little bit of it and Christ is it tiring.

You found groping tiring?

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

Coohoolin posted:

:lol:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
lol

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
protip- don't use excessive sub-clause sentences on a massive hangover

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Is anybody here planning to attend the Hope Over Fear rally?

https://twitter.com/andrewlearmonth/status/1039451658139385857

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Pissflaps posted:

Is anybody here planning to attend the Hope Over Fear rally?

https://twitter.com/andrewlearmonth/status/1039451658139385857

gently caress off, oval office.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

hyper from Pixie Sticks posted:

Very much my reaction to Tommy Sheridan these days.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

hyper from Pixie Sticks posted:

Front row seats, then.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I did like Tommy saying that Braveheart was the reason he got into Scottish history

“Until that film I was not inspired to go and read more about my own country’s history. I think knowing what happened 70 or 700 years ago is a good thing.”

Also he's signed onto Sputnik News, the Russian state owned 'news' outlet. Surely going to be some quality content coming out of the Russian state about the importance of Scottish Independence. I think there's an interesting problem here, the Russians are clearly interested in promoting Scottish Independence, how much are the Indy guys willing to sacrifice to their paymasters to get it is the question.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Aramoro posted:

I did like Tommy saying that Braveheart was the reason he got into Scottish history

“Until that film I was not inspired to go and read more about my own country’s history. I think knowing what happened 70 or 700 years ago is a good thing.”

Also he's signed onto Sputnik News, the Russian state owned 'news' outlet. Surely going to be some quality content coming out of the Russian state about the importance of Scottish Independence. I think there's an interesting problem here, the Russians are clearly interested in promoting Scottish Independence, how much are the Indy guys willing to sacrifice to their paymasters to get it is the question.

Explains a lot about Alex Salmond taking Putin's roubles, doesn't it?

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
My favourite thing about Braveheart is at the beginning when Mel Gibson is careful to specify that Longshanks is a "cruel, PAGAN king". I don't know if that's marketing to the Yanks or Gibson's own Christian focus coming through but it's wonderfully out of character for what's supposed to be a Scottish freedom story.

Unless he meant "protestant".

Alan G
Dec 27, 2003

Coohoolin posted:

My favourite thing about Braveheart is at the beginning when Mel Gibson is careful to specify that Longshanks is a "cruel, PAGAN king". I don't know if that's marketing to the Yanks or Gibson's own Christian focus coming through but it's wonderfully out of character for what's supposed to be a Scottish freedom story.

Unless he meant "protestant".

I knew Gibson pulled “history” out of his arse but 13/14th century protestantism is a new one :)

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012
The entirety of Scottish History as read by Coohoolin - All conflict ever was between Catholics and Protestants. (Picts must have been protestant cos it's Roman catholicism right?)

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
I assumed Gibson was Catholic and was making a crack at his massive christ boner, jeez

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-45749855

Sarwar and Baillie out of the front row.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

The only thing that Jackie Bailie should be at the front of is the queue to the JobCentre because she's loving awful.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

is any department actually going to obey this ridiculous map law?

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Cerv posted:

is any department actually going to obey this ridiculous map law?

I'm going to say no, you can ignore it if you have a good reason. Shetland being loving miles away is a good reason.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

Shetland doesn't want to be special with it's box anymore?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
I've found the best solution to the issue.

https://twitter.com/cocteautriplets/status/1001918779717226496

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Does anybody here share Craig Murray’s view that Alex Salmond will soon be president of an independent Scotland?

https://twitter.com/CraigMurrayOrg/status/1048620315713183744

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

No, I find it hard to imagine that an independent Scotland would be a republic in the foreseeable future. SNP are too innately conservative (or at least a chunk of their voters are) to want to bin the Queen as Head of State

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Sturgeon again suggesting this nonsense:

https://twitter.com/faisalislam/status/1049272166888497154

As if it’s something the UK or the EU might consider.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

Sturgeon again suggesting this nonsense:

https://twitter.com/faisalislam/status/1049272166888497154

As if it’s something the UK or the EU might consider.

You know fine well that the fact Westminster won't consider it an option is at least in part why she's pushing for it (though I also believe she'd push just as hard if it was a genuine option, as if she delivered on it and it worked well, she could point to it as great SNP strategy)

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

mehall posted:

You know fine well that the fact Westminster won't consider it an option is at least in part why she's pushing for it (though I also believe she'd push just as hard if it was a genuine option, as if she delivered on it and it worked well, she could point to it as great SNP strategy)

If it was a genuine option with any chance of happening the SNP wouldn’t push it at all. Customs controls along the Scotland-England border. Can you imagine the pain that’d cause?

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Cerv posted:

If it was a genuine option with any chance of happening the SNP wouldn’t push it at all. Customs controls along the Scotland-England border. Can you imagine the pain that’d cause?

If after a couple quarters it showed we had better economic growth than England and Wales, on account of being in the single market, then it becomes a crazy easy sell for independence. "yes, these checks suck, but look what the trade off does for our economy, we could do this and more independent!" Etc etc

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

mehall posted:

If after a couple quarters it showed we had better economic growth than England and Wales, on account of being in the single market, then it becomes a crazy easy sell for independence. "yes, these checks suck, but look what the trade off does for our economy, we could do this and more independent!" Etc etc

I'm not sure that leaving a market with which the vast majority of trade is conducted in favour of one worth several times less to the Scottish economy is necessarily a recipe for improved economic growth.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

I'm not sure that leaving a market with which the vast majority of trade is conducted in favour of one worth several times less to the Scottish economy is necessarily a recipe for improved economic growth.

That's a fair point, but Westminster can't exactly ride roughshod over customs between NI and rUK, sonic Scotland was included, at worst it forces Westminster to stay pretty fully aligned with the customs union.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

mehall posted:

sonic Scotland

Scotland the Hedgehog?

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

A genuine picture of the organiser of the recent independence march, and not something from the onion :pwn:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
His wig is slipping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Cat Mattress posted:

Scotland the Hedgehog?

loving autocorrect.