Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

This is her original art, she has pauldrons but they aren't comically large

I’m glad she came into her senses and got bigger ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!

cheetah7071 posted:

in my mind Ishtar 2 is Ishtar but with this design

Lol I have never noticed the children behind Ishtar on that card.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I don't know much about Ishtar, is she known for keeping children in cages

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

THE loving MOON posted:

I don't know much about Ishtar, is she known for keeping children in cages

Her boyfriend ordered children hunts where the army rounds up kids to indoctrinate into the Lopt cult

Ishtar keeps up appearances of participating but secretly saves as many as she can

She's like not really a good person but her boyfriend is dragon satan so she looks good by comparison

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i dont blame her. sometimes you gotta chase that dragon satan dick

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!
The best part of the child hunts was it wasn't just lets indoctrinate all the children to evil dragon cult but instead lets have all the children fight to the death in the arena and the survivors gets to be indoctrinated into the evil dragon cult.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

Her boyfriend ordered children hunts where the army rounds up kids to indoctrinate into the Lopt cult

Ishtar keeps up appearances of participating but secretly saves as many as she can

She's like not really a good person but her boyfriend is dragon satan so she looks good by comparison

Dang, what a jerk. Sounds a lot like the not-Elise Nohr royals.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

THE loving MOON posted:

Dang, what a jerk. Sounds a lot like the not-Elise Nohr royals.

look sometimes your king dad orders the death of all performers in the country and you just gotta stall a bit so SOME can live!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The main difference of course being that Ishtar is a villain in genealogy, not a hero like the royals are in conquest

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Sep 13, 2018

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
a villain portrayed relatively sympathetically, and probably one of the better people in a villain cast dominated by evil priests kidnapping children and massacring their parents for shits and giggles, but still a villain

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Who's more evil, Ishtar or Ishtor? Obviously Blume is quite a bit more evil than either of them, and Hilda is way more evil than even Blume. I'm not sure where Reptor falls on this scale, though.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Ishtor is barely even a character

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Ishtar’s kinda trapped because the guy she likes/used to like has come down with a bad case of dragon dementia and also her entire family will get murdered if she does the wrong thing

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
reptor's probably more evil than blume by virtue of more exposure doing evil poo poo (putting out the hit on prince kurth, framing house chalphy for it, divvying up the conquered territories with lombard) i guess

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I really hope 3731 is enough for a crown, it's been a while since I've gotten one

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Nages posted:

The best part of the child hunts was it wasn't just lets indoctrinate all the children to evil dragon cult but instead lets have all the children fight to the death in the arena and the survivors gets to be indoctrinated into the evil dragon cult.

Not nearly as cool as the beastmaster villain, he just wants to throw them in a pit of fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUfs5Am81ic

Man they don't make movies like they used to...

Washout fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Sep 13, 2018

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I like doing my arena runs early enough that I can watch my rank slowly drop from ~250 over the course of the week

I'm honestly surprised my score (3681) has been enough to stay in the T21 rank up range for so long. It absolutely will not last.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I put together a 3729 with my dear sweet boy Valter. He ruthlessly devoured several heroes to put together a Brazen Atk/Def, Desperation, Heavy Blade seal approach. He also benefited from a lot of Ardent Service+, Drive Atk/Def/Spd, Def and Res Tactic help from Sheena, Gwen, and Eirika.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Doesn't the banner trailer usually go up by now?

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

on the next hour typically

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XubCKk3gQjE

Ophelia, Nina, Silas and Flora

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Flora's face in her attacking art looks really messed up. Also lmao at the teeny tiny font size for her weapon description.

Nina must have really low attack to be getting such low damage against that flier, right?

edit: ahhh I missed Ophelia's assist skill. Man they really are powercreeping rallies aren't they?

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
Flora with the anti-Distant Counter weapon, yikes.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
why did they censor antony del rio's name? is it a union thing like they do with laura bailey now?

also wow they could not have made it any more obvious that flora is the prize here

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Thank god for Fates. Skip!

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

Hair Elf

Raserys posted:

also wow they could not have made it any more obvious that flora is the prize here

Or that Silas is the demote

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
+20 Defense holy poo poo wow they want Flora to tank that counter.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Silas will give us more reposition fodder in a new colour from before, and a wave skill below 5*. Wonder if they'll be generous and make it the 4* unlocked skill.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Silas with his horribly lackluster kit being on the same banner/the same colour as Ophelia is cruel and unusual.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ophelia looks cool but not cool enough to roll

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Odin getting a prf tome was a hint that Ophelia was coming. Who would have guessed?

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

oh wow, 4 characters and no alts

Ophelia: Blue Infantry Mage
Missiltainn: 14 might, 2 range. Accelerates cool down by 1. At the start of Turn 1, accelerates ally mages' cooldown by 1.
Rally Up Attack+: Grants Attack+6 to target and allies within 2 spaces of target (excluding unit) for 1 turn
Blazing Light
Sturdy Blow 2
Chill Res 3

Nina: Colorless infantry Bow
Shining Bow+: 12 mt, 2 range. Effective against flying foes. If foe's Def>foe's Res, deals +7 damage
Draw Back
Moonbow
Speed/Res Link 3
Bow Valor

Silas: Blue Cav Lance
Slaying Spear+ (the evolved heavy spear)
REposition (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Steady STance 3
Even Def Wave 3

Flora: Red Infantry Dagger
Hoarfrost Dagger: Accelerates cooldown by 1. If unit initiates combat and foe is sword/lance/axe/dragon then Defense+20 (!) during combat AND if the foe can counter, unit makes a guaranteed followup attack. After combat, -7 def/res on enemy & enemies in 2 spaces surrounding it
Iceberg
Attack/Res Solo 3: If unit is not adjacent to allies, grants Attack/Res+6 during combat
QR3
Def Ploy 3

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Garon GHB coming, cool. He's an armoured axe, right? Our first free one, in that case.

Funny that the solo skill gives a better boost than bond skills. That seems weird.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Definitely want to make a mage team with Ophelia. But not enough to spend many orbs on this manner.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

Hair Elf
Actually wait hold up Silas is blue repo fodder

Lmao in advance if they demote Nina instead

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Gluten Freeman posted:

Garon GHB coming, cool. He's an armoured axe, right? Our first free one, in that case.

Funny that the solo skill gives a better boost than bond skills. That seems weird.

Basically guaranteed distant counter unit too, right?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Ophelia will drain money from wallets

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

I assume that this means the banner coming the week after are Birthright units. At least that means I can skip that banner.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Ophelia or Nina would be cool as a free pull. Gonna use the orbs for one last stab at CYOL 2 though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Gluten Freeman posted:

Makes sense. Solo needs you to not be surrounded by anyone, meaning you forfeit spurs, drives, support boosts and other such proximity skills.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Basically guaranteed distant counter unit too, right?

We thought that about Walhart, so I won't hold my breath.