Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

still my favorite

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
mcdonalds!

\o/

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
my parents let my 3 year old son watch unboxing videos on YouTube so now his new favorite catch phrase is "let's open this bad boy up!"

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
lmao grandparents are the worst about this kinda poo poo

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

The Nastier Nate posted:

my parents let my 3 year old son watch unboxing videos on YouTube so now his new favorite catch phrase is "let's open this bad boy up!"

lmao

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

lol if u arent raising your following kids or rather the bulk of them in a cabin on the shore of lake Walden

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Main Paineframe posted:

looks like it's just a wearable low-power radio transmitter that broadcasts a weak signal that can only be received from within a few feet. the robots are (theoretically) all equipped with receivers, and if they detect a signal, that means a worker is close by and the machine should be careful
robots' kill zones
Goddamn Phil Dick with The Second Variety. This is the worst possible 60’s dystopia too.

How many weeks until the robots ML that they are more efficient if they push the meaning of ‘be careful’?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Facebook targeting lgbtq+ with conversion therapy ads reminds me of this guy who discovered anti gay ads on his very gay videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E27Sec3FuL4

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Former DILF posted:

lol if u arent raising your following kids or rather the bulk of them in a cabin on the shore of lake Walden

That's across the street from a high school.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Remulak posted:

Goddamn Phil Dick with The Second Variety. This is the worst possible 60’s dystopia too.

How many weeks until the robots ML that they are more efficient if they push the meaning of ‘be careful’?

i wish I could find more info on this poo poo

my personal favorite nightmare scenario is that the vests work well enough for workers to learn to fearlessly march right through the machines' work areas without the slightest caution or delay

right until one of the transmitters or receivers silently breaks and a worker jauntily steps right into their doom

all sorts of bad poo poo happens when you design your entire facility for speed over safety

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005

turns out its waaaaay more profitable to just have the tvs surreptitiously record u and mine/sell the data to advertisers

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

Food Boner posted:

turns out its waaaaay more profitable to just have the tvs surreptitiously record u and mine/sell the data to advertisers

How else are they suppose to provide me with the latest personalized targeted advertisements a busy person like me needs?! :haw:

Edit for content: I'm going to see Hannibal Buress next week and got this email from the venue today. lol

Ommin has issued a correction as of 08:27 on Sep 12, 2018

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/ForbesInvestor/status/1039727556256325633?s=19

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/OwennnThomas/status/1007957414577090560

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
they should start putting the piss bottles in with packages until enough customers boycott

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

got any sevens posted:

they should start putting the piss bottles in with packages until enough customers boycott

Amazon would find a way to charge someone extra for their new bottle of piss.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/kulturalmarx/status/1039585497587245057

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

The European Parliament just voted by a nearly two-to-one margin to hit any part of the Internet touching Europe with Content ID, at site owners' expense. (Not technically the entire Internet, but given how top-heavy it is these days...; and not technically a final vote, but given how lopsided the result is....)

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
Ambrosia is just a front for a revolutionary group. You get a bunch of the richest people in the world to trust you injecting poo poo into them and then you just pump them full of fox die

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005

dont be mean to me posted:

The European Parliament just voted by a nearly two-to-one margin to hit any part of the Internet touching Europe with Content ID, at site owners' expense. (Not technically the entire Internet, but given how top-heavy it is these days...; and not technically a final vote, but given how lopsided the result is....)

what is this in dumdum language pls

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Food Boner posted:

Nothing yet, but when (technically if but see 2:1 vote margin) it gets approved on a third reading, every country in the EU gets/has to tell every Web site that serves pages to anyone in their country to either:
- impose something akin to the hideously abusable YouTube copyright takedown system on their users' shitposts/tracks/vids, or
- not allow shitposts/tracks/vids anymore, or
- not serve pages to anyone in their country anymore.

dont be mean to me has issued a correction as of 14:18 on Sep 12, 2018

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Food Boner posted:

News companies can demand to get paid when google uses their headlines in Google News.

Sites have to auto-detect copyrighted material uploaded to their platforms instead of waiting for someone to sue them. Lowtax and smaller site owners will block all of Europe rather than deal with it, which probably violates some other law. Basically just further empowers the large tech companies that can afford to do such a thing as the only social services on the net.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

HEY NONG MAN posted:

lmao grandparents are the worst about this kinda poo poo

My wife and I have bitched out my dad about this on numerous occasions, and also given him our amazon prime and netflix logins and a laundry list of stuff he can watch on tv that we okayed, but his response is "I'm 60 years old, and I don't want to argue with him, I let him watch he wants"

And we both work full time and the amount of childcare we pay for now is loving insanely expensive for 2 kids, so he's got my balls in a vice grip on this. Welp, maybe he'll someday make a career out of a being a YouTube personality.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The Nastier Nate posted:

I let my 3-year-old son play The Witcher 3 the other day. I was supervising, though, and he was just “horsey riding” around, didn’t get into combat or anything. Anyway I’m going to hell.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

univbee posted:

Anyway I’m going to hell.

I mean, we all are, but probably not for that.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

well yeah, the workers are wily and occasionally escaped

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005

dont be mean to me posted:

Nothing yet, but when (technically if but see 2:1 vote margin) it gets approved on a third reading, every country in the EU gets/has to tell every Web site that serves pages to anyone in their country to either:
- impose something akin to the hideously abusable YouTube copyright takedown system on their users' shitposts/tracks/vids, or
- not allow shitposts/tracks/vids anymore, or
- not serve pages to anyone in their country anymore.

Giga Gaia posted:

News companies can demand to get paid when google uses their headlines in Google News.

Sites have to auto-detect copyrighted material uploaded to their platforms instead of waiting for someone to sue them. Lowtax and smaller site owners will block all of Europe rather than deal with it, which probably violates some other law. Basically just further empowers the large tech companies that can afford to do such a thing as the only social services on the net.

lmao it what universe is this a good idea

oh right

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JlYE6nSNJI

:nsallears:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Giga Gaia posted:

Sites have to auto-detect copyrighted material uploaded to their platforms instead of waiting for someone to sue them.

But only if a rich, important entity holds the copyright.

Every shitpost on this site is copyrighted by the author, but that’s different.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Platystemon posted:

But only if a rich, important entity holds the copyright.

Remember the time when Family Guy stole someone's NES gaming footage and put it in an episode unedited, causing YouTube's ContentID system to auto-takedown the video that was uploaded years earlier, basically immediately when the episode aired?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
https://twitter.com/WaffleHouseNews/status/1039606662234075137

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

univbee posted:

Remember the time when Family Guy stole someone's NES gaming footage and put it in an episode unedited, causing YouTube's ContentID system to auto-takedown the video that was uploaded years earlier, basically immediately when the episode aired?

i remember when they told me in school that copyright applies to works created by anyone, even me

man i got told a lot of lies as a kid

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

did Peter Thiel put him up to this?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Hahaha they're probably gonna be better at it than Trump's FEMA

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Prav posted:

i remember when they told me in school that copyright applies to works created by anyone, even me

man i got told a lot of lies as a kid

YouTube’s system doesn’t actually work on DMCAs, they just take down whatever some people ask them to automatically

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

hobbesmaster posted:

YouTube’s system doesn’t actually work on DMCAs, they just take down whatever some people ask them to automatically

And that'll be the whole Internet now!

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

univbee posted:

I let my 3-year-old son play The Witcher 3 the other day. I was supervising, though, and he was just “horsey riding” around, didn’t get into combat or anything. Anyway I’m going to hell.

I let my five year old play GTAV. He mostly took cabs and jumped out of airplanes. Had to stop because of the swearing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Milo and POTUS posted:

Hahaha they're probably gonna be better at it than Trump's FEMA

This has been true for a while.

FEMA recognises it and calls Waffle House locations to gauge how bad the storm damage is in that area.

https://www.fema.gov/blog/2011-07-07/news-day-what-do-waffle-houses-have-do-risk-management

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waffle_House_Index