Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
So are we all going to all pitch in to have an oil painting commissioned of their cheif lawyer as hitler in that picture, or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Crowsbeak posted:

I just don't understand why they aren't going after Imgur. In all honesty I think a case could be made that they bear a huge responsibility to ensure non copyritghted images are not uploaded. As their business model relies on content being uploaded.
Imgur would be dead on day 1 if copyright law worked remotely close to what Hitler and Associates are suggesting.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away
I stole the Hitlers please don't sue

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Every time someone cosplays Hitler, it sets Hitler cosplay back 10 years. I'm starting to think I'll never get my dream wedding.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Pssshhhh yeah who’s the real victims here? :jerkbag:

are you implying that the feds jack off to these forums

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

I gotta not read this in public cause people are gonna see all those hitler pictures

And if they walk by and claim copyright I’m hosed !!!!!

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

By popular demand posted:

The British Film Institute? Don't you guys have better things to watch? I recommend the 1985 Sherlock Holmes series with Jeremy Brett.

Nah we kinda gave up on movies once we had the pinnacle of movie making come out: Dude, Where's My Car.

Partycat posted:

BFI? I think you did a little too much LDS.

Impossible, I have only taken in four books of moron.

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

Hitler spotting is super competitive so just don't steal photos take your own.

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

I won't share where I go hitler spotting.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

Crowsbeak posted:

I just don't understand why they aren't going after Imgur. In all honesty I think a case could be made that they bear a huge responsibility to ensure non copyritghted images are not uploaded. As their business model relies on content being uploaded.
It's a company with no doubt actual lawyers who are perfectly aware of how spurious the claim is and probably ignore a whole bunch of those regularly. When you go after a smaller site there's a bigger chance the owner doesn't know this and is bullied into paying by scary legal threats.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Elukka posted:

It's a company with no doubt actual lawyers who are perfectly aware of how spurious the claim is and probably ignore a whole bunch of those regularly. When you go after a smaller site there's a bigger chance the owner doesn't know this and is bullied into paying by scary legal threats.

But isn't this their third time trying? I mean at this point wouldn't they have figured our that this isn't a good one to scam?

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Senior Scarybagels posted:

But isn't this their third time trying? I mean at this point wouldn't they have figured our that this isn't a good one to scam?

when you attempt to extort money from hundreds of websites a day, and when it is your minimum wage clerks doing it, it becomes hard to remember who you've tried to gently caress before

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Warm und Fuzzy posted:

Argentina?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bariloche

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

I'm sure their turnover is insane. They probably don't keep records of their previous attempts.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Or Paraguay

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

fruit on the bottom posted:

are you implying that the feds jack off to these forums

Not necessarily to the forums but they are wankers yes.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
I just retained them to collect damages from Facebook for making me look like the most cringeable person on the internet.
Pretty sure I'm getting a 6-figure settlement so I'm totally upgrading to plat!

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

You come for granpapi adolfo you better bring an army.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

lol Higbee is suing another lawfirm for $150K for using a copyrighted image on their website:
https://norcalrecord.com/stories/511555517-the-lawton-law-firm-alleged-to-have-used-copyrighted-photograph-without-consent

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost
Don't worry man.

I'll buy a new avatar to help out with the lawyer's fees.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
No wonder Shananateeth is mad, her Aunt died in a tragic sybian accident.

NeuroticLich
Oct 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
If I work with them to bring down Lowtax and his criminal enterprise of Hitler pictures, do you think they’ll buy me archives?

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
drat either rents in santa ana are really cheap or they prey on dumbasses or they also hire dumbasses and underpay them at their firm because even in like tennessee or rural central nc sending you a letter with all those responses would cost someone way more than $6500. you cant even buy a good 10 year old used honda or subaru for that price ffs.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Say Nothing posted:

Reading her response carefully, she "was given" her name by her dead aunt, not "named after" her.

"Shauntece" could just as easily be the name of the Sybian that killed her.

cnut
May 3, 2016

Say Nothing posted:

Absolute unit.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Warm und Fuzzy posted:

i go to flemington, nj because it's where the closest walmart and also photo nazi man are, he became infamous after naming his son hitler that's probably when the photo was taken

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Percelus posted:

i go to flemington, nj because it's where the closest walmart and also photo nazi man are, he became infamous after naming his son hitler that's probably when the photo was taken

Hitler shopped at walmart. Don't be like Hitler.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

*Researcher finding forums*: "Hey man, check out their technology! They must be loaded!"

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Mein furer, we have grabbed the forums by the testicles! Soon as will have their entire stockpiles of Dead and Gay!

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
It's a shame that there's been no follow-up. Unless of course they are drafting a monster email about dead aunts and how the best legal minds in the world will join forces to take down a comedy website that posted a picture of Hitler. Either way, this is top-shelf stuff.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lol at the goon that believes there should be no copyrights because everyone has a camera phone now

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Even if you tell them to gently caress off, it only takes them a minute to reply with some nonsensical "I'm escalating the issue to our hyperlitigation subcommittee, sir, are you sure this is your final statement?" message, and if it causes only a small fraction of people to crack, it's still a net benefit. If the victim doesn't budge, it's no big loss at all.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

henpod posted:

It's a shame that there's been no follow-up. Unless of course they are drafting a monster email about dead aunts and how the best legal minds in the world will join forces to take down a comedy website that posted a picture of Hitler. Either way, this is top-shelf stuff.

There won’t be a followup. It got passed up to an actual paralegal or lawyer that trashed it.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Warm und Fuzzy posted:

No, not Argentina...

© National Lampoon "Stranger in Paradise", March 1972 - gently caress you Higbee

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

All this has done for me is highlight the sheer artistry of Christopher Sadowski, I can't wait to spend $25,000 getting me an exclusive licence to use a photograph of...

*check his website*

...asbestos pipes! Sadly right now I can only really justify one so I better pick carefully.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

The VICTIM is the photographer that can't feed his FAMILY because LOWTAX STOLE his HITLER picture.
I HOPE YOU ROT IN HELL LOWTAX!!! I HOPE YOUR FAKE SPINE RUSTS IN TO A PILE OF poo poo AND YOU GET TETANUS!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Aramoro posted:

All this has done for me is highlight the sheer artistry of Christopher Sadowski

Verily

Let the record show I did not pay a fee to display this artistic reproduction of a lovely dinner.

• Locked thread