Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

:golfclap:

Page snipe.
Any reason to think that a release date for DQ XI or DQ Builders 2 won't happen at TGS this month?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

I see what you/i did there. I suppose i asked for that.

strategery fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Sep 13, 2018

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Maybe tomorrow Nintendo will finally tell us what the NX is.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Nep-Nep posted:

They're saying it's some kind of portable device that plugs into your TV? Sounds dumb

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
I just saw the thread title and want to say that with the battery life the switch is actually more of a Large Adult Gamegear.

Thank you for your time.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Heath posted:

They're saying it's some kind of portable device that plugs into your TV? Sounds dumb

Remember before the Switch was properly announced and some people proposed that there would be a wireless peripheral, a little cube, that you could set next to the Switch to improve performance? I remember that.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Nep-Nep posted:

It's the friends we made along the way.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

KingSlime posted:

Basic messaging services for one? Those usually cost $0 a year so
but it's better to do it on other platforms, pretty sure Ninty knows this

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Fly with me posted:

:golfclap:

Page snipe.
Any reason to think that a release date for DQ XI or DQ Builders 2 won't happen at TGS this month?

I expect we will get the DQXI release date, I don’t know if Builders is big enough to care about for a direct.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

Remember before the Switch was properly announced and some people proposed that there would be a wireless peripheral, a little cube, that you could set next to the Switch to improve performance? I remember that.

It's amazing how straight forward and simple the Switch ended up being. The first thirty seconds of that reveal video did more to sell the Switch to the public than the entirety of Wii U's marketing lifespan.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

lol the fan theories for the Nintendo Switch were painfully stupid.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This is the one I was specifically thinking of. Nothing about this thing is functional.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Detective No. 27 posted:

It's amazing how straight forward and simple the Switch ended up being. The first thirty seconds of that reveal video did more to sell the Switch to the public than the entirety of Wii U's marketing lifespan.

the 30 seconds was more marketing then the wii u got in the first place

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Hahahaha, oh man. Thanks for reminding me of this.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I've literally only just noticed that's a pair of earphones plugged into it and not a charging cable.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

I was doing some seasonal work in a Toys R Us electronics department in 2016 and still had to explain to parents why the Wii wouldn't play Wii U games all the time.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Waffleman_ posted:

You could already play it one-handed on the SNES by using the L button as the A button.

Maybe that's what I was thinking of. I sure could stand being able to do that with Octopath Traveler

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Guy Goodbody posted:

Ah, a cube that enhanced gaming. Some sort of... GameCube!

I never heard that particular theory but it's so dumb that it had to be a joke someone made, not a real theory.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Did I hear the Bombcast right?

Did they say Civilization Six is coming to The Perfect Console™?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Every time Nintendo puts out a patent people think it's something they are going to show any day now.
I remember the patents for "wireless controllers using IR to detect button presses" back in 2016, which people appreciated was a new low battery controller for the NX.

Well they were half right; pretty sure that turned out to be labo

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Hey, when do preprocessed games unlock on the switch? Sometime late tonight or tomorrow morning sometime?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mister Facetious posted:

Did I hear the Bombcast right?

Did they say Civilization Six is coming to The Perfect Console™?

Announced last Friday, yeah. It might be in tomorrow's direct.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

asecondduck posted:

Ah, a cube that enhanced gaming. Some sort of... GameCube!

I never heard that particular theory but it's so dumb that it had to be a joke someone made, not a real theory.

Oh no, he was dead serious. I called him stupid and he got real mad

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
Bloons TD is great. One of the many reasons it is great is that each level it is the perfect amount of time for one poop. There are other reasons too. It's a detailed game, not a mobile port, with lots of variety, and a long playthrough time. But the timing of each level is just perfect.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nintendo Switch: Don't be bitter, play on the shitter

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The Silver Snail posted:

I was doing some seasonal work in a Toys R Us electronics department in 2016 and still had to explain to parents why the Wii wouldn't play Wii U games all the time.

I had to explain it even to my gamer inclined friends. The messaging with that system was poo poo and the main reason it failed I think was the name alone.

I just found my Wii U in storage and I’m excited to play it again after a year and a half even though I rebought just about every worthwhile game for it again on Switch.:v:

Weedle
May 31, 2006

BigHead posted:

not a mobile port

Well...

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bloons-td-5/id563718995

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Wasn't this particular image not only fake, but the controller/console itself right there is actually a 3D model?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Macaluso posted:

Wasn't this particular image not only fake, but the controller/console itself right there is actually a 3D model?
Correct.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

Every time Nintendo puts out a patent people think it's something they are going to show any day now.
I remember the patents for "wireless controllers using IR to detect button presses" back in 2016, which people appreciated was a new low battery controller for the NX.

Well they were half right; pretty sure that turned out to be labo

I do wish they did something with the scrollable bumpers patent. I thought they sounded cool.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I need some back story on that thing

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Steve Yun posted:

I need some back story on that thing
Between the time the NX was announced and the Switch was revealed, some guy made that fake image. The end.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

The Silver Snail posted:

I had to do some research when I first heard about it. I assumed it was like an add on peripheral kind of like the Kinect when it was first described to me.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

How's the online service on this thing?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I can’t believe some people bought this at first. This thing looks like it would be literally the most uncomfortable controller/console ever.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1040033338608635905

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Macaluso posted:

I think they really 3d printed it

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I specifically remember a post about how he had to fake the reflections of the trees so I think the whole thing was just a 3D render but I could be wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
The "confidential property" sticker being front and center in what looks like a staged shot should have been a giveaway

• Locked thread