Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Tiptoes posted:

You should definitely stash him on your bench. There is a valuable role for him to play in that offense once he's back. None of the other backs can compare to his explosiveness.

My eye just started twitching

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

opposable thumbs.db posted:

I know to stay away from Patriots running backs but Michel was just dropped in a couple leagues...

I don’t blame anyone (including myself) for buying/stashing shares of Burkhead or Michel, as long as we are not fooling ourselves about it being more than a speculative hold.

And we can’t be too :mad: when our rising star inexplicably crashes out of production for no apparent reason other than Belichikanery.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I vowed never to roster NE running backs after last year. Gillislee had some 25+ point game and everyone says he's the guy. Good matchup next week so I add him. Next game he gets 3 points and Lewis or White gets all the touches. Bench him and two weeks later he has another huge day

Fantasy is aggravating enough without dealing with that poo poo

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Ches Neckbeard posted:

This is his 2nd year in the league......

It's not even hype so much as he's a prototype pass catching TE and the unquestioned starter

So was Ebron in Det and see how that worked out for him. He even had less competition for targets.

Like I said. I’m just not a fan.

mike-
Jul 9, 2004

Phillipians 1:21
So I’m trying to decide between Derrick Henry or Golladay for my flex spot in a standard league. Pretty much every rankings site has Henry way higher, but I’m pretty skeptical and want to bench him for Golladay. Am I crazy?

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Keith Atherton posted:

I vowed never to roster NE running backs after last year.
The year when Dion Lewis AND Rex Burkhead finished in the Top 20 in PPR points per game?

Avoiding a system capable of producing multiple useful backs is weird.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Alfalfa posted:

So was Ebron in Det and see how that worked out for him. He even had less competition for targets.

Like I said. I’m just not a fan.

Wait how did Ebron have less competition? Tate, Jones, Golladay and Riddick

I mean ya don't like him fine but you don't have to make stuff up. Dude has the makings of being a legit fantasy option.

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Sep 13, 2018

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

I mean the fundamental thing is that you could wait until like literally round 13 in a 12-team league and get your TE who should produce as well as basically any other crappy low-end TE. That's barely even "whoa potential upside!!" territory, it's filling a position and not losing capital V value in doing so.

#lateroundte

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Wait how did Ebron have less competition? Tate, Jones, Golladay and Riddick

I mean ya don't like him fine but you don't have to make stuff up. Dude has the makings of being a legit fantasy option.

That was his final year. All the years before that he had Tate and another WR and that was about it.

Njoku is just another Ebron in a worse situation.

Alfalfa fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Sep 13, 2018

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Another wr: Megatron. Total nobody.

Lol

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Another wr: Megatron. Total nobody.

Lol

You are missing the point. Njoku has more competition for targets in a worse offense with a worse QB than Ebron ever had, yet in redraft people are drafting him like he’s a quality option.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Alfalfa posted:

You are missing the point. Njoku has more competition for targets in a worse offense with a worse QB than Ebron ever had, yet in redraft people are drafting him like he’s a quality option.

He was literally a 12th round + ADP.

What are you talking about?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Alfalfa posted:

That was his final year. All the years before that he had Tate and another WR and that was about it.

Njoku is just another Ebron in a worse situation.

I mean

2015: megatron, Tate, riddick
2016: Marvin Jones, Tate, Boldin, riddick
2017: Jones, Tate, riddick, golladay

So not really his final year only as you would think.

Edit: Ebrons had at least 4 years to show something already, Njoku is in his sophomore year after being on a snap count last year. So comparing the 2 right now isn’t really fair.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Sep 13, 2018

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Ches Neckbeard posted:

He was literally a 12th round + ADP.

What are you talking about?

ARE MY POSTS INVISIBLE OR WHAT

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

ShaneB posted:

ARE MY POSTS INVISIBLE OR WHAT

I see you senpai

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

i can't fix anything about this because there's no veto in Yahoo's money leagues but Marshawn Lynch for Odell Beckham Jr. straight up is a hilariously lopsided trade right?

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

DC Murderverse posted:

i can't fix anything about this because there's no veto in Yahoo's money leagues but Marshawn Lynch for Odell Beckham Jr. straight up is a hilariously lopsided trade right?

yes

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

DC Murderverse posted:

Marshawn's Awesomeness Factor cannot be quantified

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

DC Murderverse posted:

I thought Yahoo itself was the arbiter of trade vetoes in Pro leagues.

Saddamnit
Jul 5, 2003

I have brained my damage.
Michel is available in my 14 team league but the only player on my roster who I could see myself dropping for him is Marlon Mack. Should I?

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Pats homer here reminding you to just stay the hell away from Patriots RBs.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Gearman posted:

Pats homer here reminding you to just stay the hell away from Patriots RBs.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Well I am pretty flush with WRs with Tyreek, Gordon, Crabtree, Edelman, Dede, and Geronimo and my RB2 slot is a dumpster fire. So I traded away Ryan Grant to a Colts homer in need of a WR for Beast Mode. I think I did okay.

Also someone in this league dropped the Vikings defense so I am hoping to snatch them up tomorrow.

pubic works project fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Sep 13, 2018

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

pubic works project posted:

Well I am pretty flush with WRs with Tyreek, Gordon, Crabtree, Edelman, Dede, and Geronimo and my RB2 slot is a dumpster fire. So I traded away Ryan Grant to a Colts homer in need of a WR for Beast Mode. I think I did okay.

That worked out quite well.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I scored 79 points in my big money league this week... The second lowest score was 116, and the highest was 221. Rough start to the season :lol:

Lost Olsen and Baldwin, Chris Hogan poo poo the bed, and Saints defense gave me a whopping -4 points.

Fantasy is fun!

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Doug Baldwin said before the season started his knee probably won't be past 85% this year so I'm not sure why anyone drafted him.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Doug Baldwin said before the season started his knee probably won't be past 85% this year so I'm not sure why anyone drafted him.

It was his other knee.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

They are now both at 85%. Perfectly balanced.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Chernabog posted:

Watching the sun rise over a grateful NFC West

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Chernabog posted:

As all things should be

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Should I be worried about David Johnson at all or the Detroit crew (staff and Jones)

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Saddamnit posted:

Michel is available in my 14 team league but the only player on my roster who I could see myself dropping for him is Marlon Mack. Should I?
I would take Michel over Mack. Guys like Mack who suffer a multi-week hamstring injury so early in the season are generally a pretty high risk to re-aggravate the injury when he returns to the field. Indy is also likely to remain a full blown RBBC all year as well.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Saddamnit posted:

Anyone else you can maybe drop? I'm a Colts fan and while I think it's going to be a RBBC, I think Mack needs to be owned in a 14 team league, especially in PPR. So does Michel. I'm in a 14 team league and own Michel.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

ZenVulgarity posted:

Should I be worried about David Johnson at all or the Detroit crew (staff and Jones)

David Johnson's team sucks, but he still put up 15+ points in half ppr for me this week. He's also their best weapon by a landslide, and he's really good at football. I'm not worried about him. I don't think he finishes as a top 5 RB, but he will still be a good RB1 to own.

I'd be more worried about Stafford. He played like poo poo and got injured on two separate occasions.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Tiptoes posted:

I would take Michel over Mack. Guys like Mack who suffer a multi-week hamstring injury so early in the season are generally a pretty high risk to re-aggravate the injury when he returns to the field. Indy is also likely to remain a full blown RBBC all year as well.

Full blown rbbc? They gave Wilkins nearly every carry and only brought Hines in to pass. Wilkins showed nothing so if Mack is healthy I’d bet he gets phased out rather than a rrbc.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

VietCampo posted:

I mean

2015: megatron, Tate, riddick
2016: Marvin Jones, Tate, Boldin, riddick
2017: Jones, Tate, riddick, golladay

So not really his final year only as you would think.

Edit: Ebrons had at least 4 years to show something already, Njoku is in his sophomore year after being on a snap count last year. So comparing the 2 right now isn’t really fair.

Also, I live in Detroit and Ebron dropped or messed up half his targets in ways stats don't sometimes show.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

ZenVulgarity posted:

I'm not. New offense, bad game script, and rust for DJ - yes it's not a good team, but if they stand any chance at all they will figure out how to get him the ball.

I still think Staff finishes as a top 10-12 fantasy QB this year and I'm actually trying to buy him in the leagues where I planned on streaming a QB originally.

He had a shin injury and the wind knocked out of him if I'm correct. Last year he dominated with a broken hand or finger I believe. He will bounce back fine.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Need some help deciding who to play since I have two people potentially playing tonight. Pick a Running Back and WR from the following:

RB: Alex Collins, Kerryon Johnson, Lindsey
WR: Crabtree, Enunwa

I’m thinking Enunwa over Crabs but have no idea about RBs. I think it’s too early to panic on Collins but he had rough outings against the Bengals last year and I’m worried about a dud.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RCarr posted:

I'd be more worried about Stafford. He played like poo poo and got injured on two separate occasions.

Supposedly he played like poo poo because Detroit never changed any of their calls so the Jets knew exactly what each play was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

MrSargent posted:

Need some help deciding who to play since I have two people potentially playing tonight. Pick a Running Back and WR from the following:

RB: Alex Collins, Kerryon Johnson, Lindsey
WR: Crabtree, Enunwa

I’m thinking Enunwa over Crabs but have no idea about RBs. I think it’s too early to panic on Collins but he had rough outings against the Bengals last year and I’m worried about a dud.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3867454