Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Captain Yossarian posted:

So what have I missed on PS4 in the last 2500 pages someone fill me in please

Video games are good again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Captain Yossarian posted:

So what have I missed on PS4 in the last 2500 pages someone fill me in please

Bloodborne is GOAT
Horizon Zero Dawn is awesome and runs on black magic
God of War is good!
Yakuza games own
Nier: Automata is another great game
Sekiro: Shadows die twice comes out next year and looks amazing
Xbone has no games
Some games have boat levels

Videogames are good.

(edit: spelling)

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Sep 13, 2018

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
God bless u both

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Sakurazuka posted:

I can't really afford Spider-Man this month so instead I'm playing Prototype which I bought for £6....

Why buy the Spiderman when you can get the Carnage for (nearly) free, I always say

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Kingdom Hearts 3 is actually coming out

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

beep by grandpa posted:

Kingdom Hearts 3 is actually coming out

The Big Hero 6 stuff looks cool

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
So I'm seeing reviews that say Tomb Raider...good now? That can't be right.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Wolfsheim posted:

So I'm seeing reviews that say Tomb Raider...good now? That can't be right.

beep by grandpa posted:

Video games are good again

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lol if you think anyone is going to give a AAA game with a big marketing budget a bad score.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Sakurazuka posted:

Lol if you think anyone is going to give a AAA game with a big marketing budget a bad score.

Gamespot gave it like, a 6 out of 10.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

acksplode posted:

Spider-Man broke my brain a little, when I go outside all I see is point launch opportunities and swing paths to distant buildings.

I did a few double takes when I saw water towers and electrical subsystems after Just Cause 2.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Battlefront 2 got torpedoed didn't it

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
I beat God of War III. Yeah sure

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Black Ops III is a bad Titanfall game. At least they gave it free and scratches the cod itch for 20 minutes.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

God, Titanfall 2 was so good

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

Ohh the edge! Were you asleep for Mass Effect: Andromeda (EA), Battlefront 2 (EA), Sea of Thieves (MS), and Sonic Forces (SEGA)? That's just in the last year off the top of my head.

The only publisher who I think gets an incredibly undeserved pass for their constant buggy POSes are Bethesda. It's really hosed up to me that points aren't docked for "oh that's just how bethesda games are" when I think they should be penalized more heavily for not improving their games to the point where it's a running joke :/

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

The only publisher who I think gets an incredibly undeserved pass for their constant buggy POSes are Bethesda. It's really hosed up to me that points aren't docked for "oh that's just how bethesda games are" when I think they should be penalized more heavily for not improving their games to the point where it's a running joke :/

BUT YOU CAN STACK FIFTY CHEESE WHEELS

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Sakurazuka posted:

It is possible to read/watch reviews from independent journalists/game critics.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Montalvo posted:

It is possible to read/watch reviews from independent journalists/game critics.

This. I'd be very surprised if anyone here DOESN'T have like a trusted YouTuber or two (for example) that they watch reviews of as basically word of mouth. I know I do!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

beep by grandpa posted:

This. I'd be very surprised if anyone here DOESN'T have like a trusted YouTuber or two (for example) that they watch reviews of as basically word of mouth. I know I do!

Easy Allies, the Gameranx guy, and the ACG guy all generally feel the same way about stuff that I do so I do check out their reviews.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

Easy Allies, the Gameranx guy, and the ACG guy all generally feel the same way about stuff that I do so I do check out their reviews.

Yeah Easy Allies & super best friends are whose opinions I trust most on the internet. Also my friends here ITT :angel:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

beep by grandpa posted:

I don't. I just pay attention to previews, word of mouth, and watch some random streams.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Youtubers are bad

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

I got a big PPI payout and bought a Pro and 4K HDR monitor and holy gently caress what have I been doing all this time?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

homeless snail posted:

Youtubers are bad

Dumb take

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Some gaming youtube personalities are extremely obnoxious and attention-seeking but many are just normal dudes and lady dudes who love video games and love talking about them, much like the posters itt.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

No that's what I go to youtubers for

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Downward thrust and clean prince gaming have some good ideas

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

Downward thrust and clean prince gaming have some good ideas

...mods?!

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Battlefront 2 got torpedoed didn't it

don’t worry they’re adding their second new large scale map only a year after release

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Is Majima everywhere the beginning of people getting around to copying the Nemesis system?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Good Youtube videogame essays didn't just die, they were MURDERED

(clip of a VHS player screen)

You know how it is guys, I just tell it like it is. The most important thing to me is my intellectual honesty.

(superficially relevant Simpsons or Family Guy clip)

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Only video reviews I watch are from digital foundry, anyone else can write a drat article so I can read it in a fifth of the time a video would've taken.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Unreal_One posted:

Is Majima everywhere the beginning of people getting around to copying the Nemesis system?

No because it's absolutely nothing like the nemesis system, but if it was that would be pretty awesome.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

History Comes Inside! posted:

No because it's absolutely nothing like the nemesis system, but if it was that would be pretty awesome.

Wait, so people are getting super pumped up about a wandering encounter?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

Some gaming youtube personalities are extremely obnoxious and attention-seeking but many are just normal dudes and lady dudes who love video games and love talking about them, much like the posters itt.

Yeah this. Seems dumb as hell and limiting to look at a medium that has no real centralized community where anyone can lend their voice to the conversion from all ranges of production quality and write the entire thing off. Some folls are just gonna stick to IGN reviews and faith in publishers I guess.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Unreal_One posted:

Wait, so people are getting super pumped up about a wandering encounter?

most people didn't actually like majima everywhere all that much

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Not trying to be a "DEBATE ME, SHOW YOUR STUDIES" rear end in a top hat but when you say "most people" didn't care for it, what do you base that on?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

It really started to suck when you’re just trying to get somewhere and majima shows up with like 4 health bars. The novelty wore off quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Oxxidation posted:

most people didn't actually like majima everywhere all that much

It had amazing moments but was too grindy. The random street encounters needed to be way less important, the ones in locations were all phenomenal