Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Is the super digital edition worth those bucks? It does come with the pass included, eh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Oxyclean posted:

For me, besides getting a bunch of edge transits, Forsaken has been "oops, all sidearms" for me.

I keep getting the Grenade Launchers Edge of Transit and Play of The Game. I would like another linear fusion or rocket launcher.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Vintersorg posted:

Is the super digital edition worth those bucks? It does come with the pass included, eh?

Yes. It’s worth it. You know you’ll be playing this poo poo constantly.

Press your foot on the buy button.

Dueling Bandsaws
Mar 3, 2016

Failson posted:

Trying to talk myself into being okay with bounties, and failing. The initial D2 system of "press E to see what crap to do" seems great in comparison.

My issue is the lack of travel points near vendors (annoying for Spider/Petra) and the relatively long load times for a bounty run to the City. If you could buy them while in orbit, that would alleviate a lot of the time farting around in loading screens.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Sun God you use the mouse with your hands not your feet

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I got bad news friend:

I’m a known_controller_user.txt member.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
But... hands

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I have IMMACULATELY pedicured nails for a reason...

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I have IMMACULATELY pedicured nails for a reason...

:crossarms:

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I know Bummey. Marriage will do these kinds of crazy things. Pedicures, controller gaming for PC, never playing the games you shill, replacing a picture of your wedding day with a Platinum Trophy for Dark Souls 2. It’s a wild life.

Also, people please keep your eyes out for any discounts on Forsaken or previous expansion passes for me please. I usually can find these deals easily but I want to keep gifting. Help a bro bro out.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Quick question, but with all the Pre Order forsaken stuff saying you get Cayde's Secret Stash stuff, where/when were we supposed to get that? Seems like it was different than the Ace of Spades quest/item/look and all so I am just curious.

^ (Does the 10% Humble Monthly discount code count? If anyone needs it I can share mine.)

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

EdEddnEddy posted:

Quick question, but with all the Pre Order forsaken stuff saying you get Cayde's Secret Stash stuff, where/when were we supposed to get that? Seems like it was different than the Ace of Spades quest/item/look and all so I am just curious.

^ (Does the 10% Humble Monthly discount code count? If anyone needs it I can share mine.)

Talk to the ship lady in the tower.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

ponzicar posted:

Talk to the ship lady in the tower.

After you’ve beaten the Forsaken campaign, specifically.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Knife hunter with the brawler modifier is the most hilariously broken thing and you have to try it at some point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO7MXnaY3OU

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

it rules so hard. had 60 kills in a heroic story mission last night, all 60 were knife melees

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
What do heroic public events give that is better than doing them regular? The increased chance at better drops seems really not worth the time and effort it takes, particularly when it's just 2-3 people doing the event. It's really fuckin tough to basically solo taken blight.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Spanish Manlove posted:

What do heroic public events give that is better than doing them regular? The increased chance at better drops seems really not worth the time and effort it takes, particularly when it's just 2-3 people doing the event. It's really fuckin tough to basically solo taken blight.

more xp, more percentage towards flashpoints, more blue engrams

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

More XP, some more material rewards for not much more effort

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Heroic events mattered more in year one when completing public events was a way to earn Powerful Gear but they’re pretty worthless in year two.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Ok I threw down $100 Canadian dollars.

I am seeing Andrew WK tonight but I cannot wait to smash tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0TzUNti3rY

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I'm sort of regretting not getting the Xpac+Pass bundle, it's 10$ cheaper then buying separate, but then again, maybe by december they'll gently caress things up and I won't regret it.

What's the deal with daily crucible/strike powerfuls not resetting?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

wyoak posted:

more xp, more percentage towards flashpoints, more blue engrams

eh, ehhhhhh, ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

So yeah not worth it.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Oxyclean posted:

I'm sort of regretting not getting the Xpac+Pass bundle, it's 10$ cheaper then buying separate, but then again, maybe by december they'll gently caress things up and I won't regret it.

I think today is Gambit.

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

I'm excited to start levelling up my alts to get more edge transits

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Fathis Munk posted:

Knife hunter with the brawler modifier is the most hilariously broken thing and you have to try it at some point

what's astonishing is this isn't really any more broken seeming than new void titan

remind me to make a cheesy clipshow later

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Oxyclean posted:

There was an accidental false reset for crucible, story, and gambit weekly challenges Saturday at 5pm. The mission to do 3x or 5x of the activities appeared in your game again, and if you completed it, you did not get a powerful reward, and you were unable to do it on Tuesday after the reset

Today they fixed it and gave everyone affected by it the chance to do 3x gambit missions or 5x crucible matches or whatever

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Ciaphas posted:

what's astonishing is this isn't really any more broken seeming than new void titan

remind me to make a cheesy clipshow later

Apparently that nerf a few days ago was only part one of a slight rework that was done in order to prevent huge raid cheese

Supposedly part two of that rework is coming next week and will involve us somehow creating MORE EXPLOSIONS :torgue:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

There was an accidental false reset for crucible, story, and gambit weekly challenges Saturday at 5pm. The mission to do 3x or 5x of the activities appeared in your game again, and if you completed it, you did not get a powerful reward, and you were unable to do it on Tuesday after the reset

Today they fixed it and gave everyone affected by it the chance to do 3x gambit missions or 5x crucible matches or whatever
I mean the "Daily: Do 1 <Activity>" that you see alongside the Weekly.

Pylons posted:

I think today is Gambit.
Is it just a rotating thing? I want to say on Tuesday I had one to do crucible, one to do strike, and one to do a heroic adventure on the patrol planet. I'm not sure if I saw any dailies yesterday.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Psycho Landlord posted:

Apparently that nerf a few days ago was only part one of a slight rework that was done in order to prevent huge raid cheese

Supposedly part two of that rework is coming next week and will involve us somehow creating MORE EXPLOSIONS :torgue:

the annoying thing is my brain is still lizard-wired such that once i'm done with my daily powerful on the titan and i've made a bit of weekly progress, i go 'welp guess i gotta go find something else to play' instead of, y'know, having fun with the titan?? :C

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Oxyclean posted:

Is it just a rotating thing? I want to say on Tuesday I had one to do crucible, one to do strike, and one to do a heroic adventure on the patrol planet. I'm not sure if I saw any dailies yesterday.

One new daily appears every day!

There are 4 different activities that it rotates between, and they will remain in your director, so if you don't play for 4 days you will see all four available

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Ciaphas posted:

the annoying thing is my brain is still lizard-wired such that once i'm done with my daily powerful on the titan and i've made a bit of weekly progress, i go 'welp guess i gotta go find something else to play' instead of, y'know, having fun with the titan?? :C

Lmao enjoy your brain worms. Just kidding but actually get Shadow of the Tomb Raider and play that when you're bored of Density and then we can both post hilarious Lara screenshots in the discord.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Oxyclean posted:

So the way I *think* it works is that yeah, it's a rotating thing. Today is Gambit, tomorrow is either Crucible, Strike, or Heroic, then the day after that is one of the two that it wasn't the day before, and the day after that is the last one of those three, then it's Gambit again.

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

Fathis Munk posted:

The new knives feel SO much better to me to use too. Maybe it's the longer range and the spread but I can't land that COD knife for poo poo.

Orv
May 4, 2011

jerry seinfel posted:

The new knives feel SO much better to me to use too. Maybe it's the longer range and the spread but I can't land that COD knife for poo poo.

Extremely same. I always try to throw an old knife at a moving target and overcompensate by like four dude lengths. Ah hah.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I trypically overcompensate by about 1/2 of a dude length, that sounds out of control bruh

Orv
May 4, 2011
All of my latent Tribes skills are long gone I'm afraid.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I trypically overcompensate by about 1/2 of a dude length, that sounds out of control bruh

90% of my missed knifes were because they landed in their shoulder or chest instead of their head. Now I tend to have a knife fly by a dude by an inch on both sides without hitting him.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Fathis Munk posted:

gently caress this owns

My Genji role play can now be complete

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
on a whim after getting annoyed by shoulder-charge apes, i decided to to try out skullfort striker

lmao remove that garbage entirely. lowest possible skillfloor poo poo and i still got 29 kills and 8 deaths

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
No.