Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Finster Dexter posted:

What do you mean by "current expansion"? There are def pilots missing from 1.0. And I thought there were cards/pilots in the 2.0 packs that weren't in the conversion kits?

It's really amazing how much misinformation there is floating around about the conversion kit.

The conversion kits include
* A number of pilots for every single first edition ship
* Faction-specific upgrades
* Generic Upgrades
* At least one copy of EVERY SINGLE wave 1 card, including pilots and upgrades from the standalone blisters, with two exceptions: nothing from Lando's Falcon is included, and there are unique cards in the core set (which you need anyway). It also doesn't include stuff from Wave 14 of first edition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

The dials being reversed are freaking me out and I keep double checking as I put all these together.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Raged posted:

Anyone able to get their fang fighter wings to move? I am having no luck and don't want to break it.

Mine was SUPER tight. I think they painted over the articulation, so you'll have to break it loose.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

The dials being reversed are freaking me out and I keep double checking as I put all these together.

Wait til you try using the fuckers literally every dial I set last night I tried to set upside down initially, with the gap being where the move is.

My brain just refuses to process the idea that the gap is on the bottom.

Also, loving lol at the POS official builder. FFG just employ the dude who made YASB already.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Looking forward to seeing the rules for Lando's Italic Millennium Falcon.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

AndyElusive posted:

Lando's Italian Falcon is just louder than usual and uses hand gestures while speaking.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
And I brought a tiny hammer with my xwing bag today to help in assembling dials today and also to strike fear into the hearts of my dice

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Picked up my pre-order over lunch. Local store had some of everything, and I even got the damage deck.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

canyoneer posted:

And I brought a tiny hammer with my xwing bag today to help in assembling dials today and also to strike fear into the hearts of my dice

Hammering is by far the best way to get dials to seat properly. I had good fun half-watching several episodes of Iron Fist whilst bashing together my first conversion kit and expect to dot he same when the second one arrives.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I hate putting dials together. Ugh.

I take a hammer with me tonight for the release party. That's not a bad idea.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

My T-65 expansion X-wing is slight angled to the side instead of being straight on. Not a big deal but just another launch woe.

EDIT: And my Core T-65 didn't get a wash on the top :v:

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Sep 13, 2018

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

AndyElusive posted:

I heard that Caption Rex piloted it once

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Finster Dexter posted:

What do you mean by "current expansion"? There are def pilots missing from 1.0. And I thought there were cards/pilots in the 2.0 packs that weren't in the conversion kits?

I meant all the 2.0 pilots that are available in the ship expansions right now are in the kits (except Saw/s Renegades, The Reaper, and the core.)
I did not mean it's a 1 to 1 thing with all pilots form 1.0 coming over. I thought that was common knowledge by now.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

ConfusedUs posted:

I hate putting dials together. Ugh.

I take a hammer with me tonight for the release party. That's not a bad idea.

I found the dials from the kits and core super easy to put together it just took forever to put together roughly 9999999999999 of them.

I'd be so weary of using a hammer, but maybe I just have no hammer skills.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Holy crap. How do you mess up a simple builder when you have at least a year to build one. It takes a special kind of stupid to screw up something people were able to make in less than a week.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

polynominal-c posted:

I heard that Caption Rex piloted it once

That's bold of him.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I can't even find the app on the play store. Did they pull it already?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

banned from Starbucks posted:

I can't even find the app on the play store. Did they pull it already?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fantasyflightgames.xwingsquadbuilder

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
This is the second biggest pathetic fuckup I have seen today

(RIP Karlsson)

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

AndyElusive posted:

I just spotted an <italTics> tag in the info box of the Extended play format. This is really a high quality app I see

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

polynominal-c posted:

I just spotted an <italTics> tag in the info box of the Extended play format. This is really a high quality app I see

Well it's a good thing that this is just a helpful builder app and not something that's the crux of ongoing game balance or the sole location to find up to date point costs! Then it'd be really concerning!

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
This is exactly what I expected for the app, tbh.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

The Gate posted:

Well it's a good thing that this is just a helpful builder app and not something that's the crux of ongoing game balance or the sole location to find up to date point costs! Then it'd be really concerning!

Yup. I would be fine with visual glitches and a lovely UI that can be improved. The points should have been locked in immediately. Surely someone noticed that Expert Handling is listed as 0 points before the launch.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Finster Dexter posted:

This is exactly what I expected for the app, tbh.

Same. The moment it was announced my cynical nature doubted they'd pull it off. I mean, I love me some FFG, but nothing they've done outside of ImpAss or dice rollers has shown they could manage an app like the one they were saying was going to be released.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

The Gate posted:

Technically it's not the sole location. There's a points cost PDF.

But yeah it's shameful to release core functionality so broken. Pretty much anything with variable point costs is busted, and there are a bunch of other things too.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

The company that wouldnt pay for the netrunner license surely will spare no expense for their new app.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

banned from Starbucks posted:

The company that wouldnt pay for the netrunner license surely will spare no expense for their new app.

The dude that makes Startactics is Brazilian, they could've halved what they pay a US developer and it'd still be a decent offer.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

One day I hope we get to hear the story about why the offical X-Wing 2.0 squad builder app was on the project development whiteboard from the very start and how it sat in the to-do column until literally the day of product launch.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Can you even print your list from the FFG app/web page?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

hoiyes posted:

The dude that makes Startactics is Brazilian, they could've halved what they pay a US developer and it'd still be a decent offer.

From the credits it looks like they farmed it out to some polish studio

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."

Raged posted:

Can you even print your list from the FFG app/web page?

lol good one

Edit: Guess you can! Save a squad > Share > Create PDF, except it's extremely rudimentary and doesn't give any of the card text. Just the Ship/Pilot, Upgrades, and Points Values with a QR code.

BOGO LOAD fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Sep 14, 2018

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

I bought all the 2.0 stuff to get going again, and all the point costs are on this non existent app? Heh...

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Just use YASB like we all were already, if anybody actually, legitimately complains don't play with them because they're dicks.

Tomtrek
Feb 5, 2006

I've had people walk out on me before, but not when I was being so charming.

I like how the app has the ability to export a list as a QR code but no way to import a list by scanning a QR code.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I still hate Ketsu :argh:

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

How are you guys storing your cardboard ship bases? Right now I'm using an advanced archival method known as "a pile" but I was hoping there was a better organized way.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Got my conversion kit and core set today, got my list laid out and I'm ready to throw down for the release event that's coming up tomorrow.

Ended up going with the veteran XXYY. I'm really looking forward to how it takes all comers, especially aces lists with those Y-wings. Autothrusters and token stacking no longer being so ludicrously good against turrets has me feeling hopeful!

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.

Funzo posted:

How are you guys storing your cardboard ship bases? Right now I'm using an advanced archival method known as "a pile" but I was hoping there was a better organized way.

I've always used the slightly more advanced 3 pile technique, one for each faction, but I've seen some people use binders designed for holding coins that fit the small bases in. I'm too lazy to put things back in the right place and it's easy and fast enough flipping through one faction to find the bases I need.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Any Dash builds floating around? He's so expensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Party Bus 2.0 - Bump and Move

Tran. Slaver

Lando
Plut
0-0-0
Static Discharge Vanes
Feedback Array

Lando looks really good on Slaver, shooting late, can reap the benefits of reinforce and then use it offensively. (if you suffer 2 damage and roll a natural evade, can the reinforce cancel one result and the evade cancel the final one? Or not?)

The Feedback Array and Static Vanes are abusable, if you can trap a small ship on the front, it will be unable to escape without some kind of shenanigans.

Probably also worth the 7 points for the pup, that's a really cheap Z, even if it comes out hurt.

0-0-0 just because he's a fuckin steal.