Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

TheScott2K posted:

I got a Switch specifically because the games weren't all loaded with bullshit online hooks

There's tons of awesome single player games on PS4 tho?

Switch is good either way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Takoluka posted:

Just don't play online games ever. Easy solution.

The sad sad life of not playing Monster Hunter with friends

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I mean more music is always good, but I hope you're not saying the actual soundtrack is bad; it's by far one of the best soundtracks I've heard in ages.

Yeah the Octopath soundtrack is fantastic

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure during the initial announcement they were saying Switch Online would be a paid service with details coming later.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Dehry posted:

https://twitter.com/IdeaFactoryIntl/status/1040284719760306176

Here's Idea Factory testing the Neptunia engine on Switch.

Ew, Idea Factory.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Dehry posted:

I'm pretty sure during the initial announcement they were saying Switch Online would be a paid service with details coming later.

You're correct, it's been said since the beginning current switch online is temporary and is on all the boxes.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer

This was the only news I was looking for out of the Direct!

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Policenaut posted:

Ew, Idea Factory.

At least Fairy Fencer is their least obnoxious game. The fanservice is noticeably way more tame than like any Neptunia game plus the main character is the biggest rear end in a top hat who decides to pull a mystical sword with fairy inside out of the ground because he wanted to sell it for food. It's great.

Although Harley still exists so it still has at least some of that trademark Idea Engine fanservice.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Does it also reuse the same dungeon map 3 to 5 times per game?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Of course

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

I would look at obscene amounts of anime tits for a wizardry clone.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

SelenicMartian posted:

Does it also reuse the same dungeon map 3 to 5 times per game?

It's an Idea Engine game of course it does.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Soon I’ll be able to play Dark Souls AND Diablo 3? On the Switch? Perfect. Just perfect.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I mean more music is always good, but I hope you're not saying the actual soundtrack is bad; it's by far one of the best soundtracks I've heard in ages.

i love the field music but haven't run into a battle theme that's done anything for me so far

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I keep reading AC as Assassins Creed, and now I want to friend some critters throughout history. To death.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Soon I’ll be able to play Dark Souls AND Diablo 3? On the Switch? Perfect. Just perfect.

but not link to the past. sad.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Dehry posted:

https://twitter.com/IdeaFactoryIntl/status/1040284719760306176

Here's Idea Factory testing the Neptunia engine on Switch.

I can't wait to play FFFfffffffff

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

EightFlyingCars posted:

I can't wait to play FFFfffffffff

That's kind of the joke since two Final Fantasy people worked on it (in a very limited capacity)

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Oscar Wild posted:

I would look at obscene amounts of anime tits for a wizardry clone.

If you have a DS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2irNaw5D5m4

Has sickass music and also features a wireframe mode for extremely old school dungeoneering

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTEV7XSafto

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Heath posted:

If you have a DS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2irNaw5D5m4

Has sickass music and also features a wireframe mode for extremely old school dungeoneering

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTEV7XSafto

Yeah, I meant for switch.

I have a vita already so I'm up to my tits in tits with that.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Looper posted:

nintendo accounts are tied to multiple things (3ds, wii u, pc) while profile is just the little thing you select whenever you start something up on the switch. you can choose to link your nintendo account to one profile

Oh okay, guess I gotta do that then

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Meridian posted:

I am tempted for no drat reason to start collecting Amiibo. What have I become?

Good luck, I'll sell you my entire collection for $1,000.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Looking back on my time flirting with picking up a few, I'm glad I didn't.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Huxley posted:

Looking back on my time flirting with picking up a few, I'm glad I didn't.

That is the ledge I am standing on. Some of them are pretty cool, but they don't really seem like something I would actually get any value out of.

A Tom Nook on my desk at work would be good though.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Your amiibo collection is worthless if doesn't contain both versions of bayo.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

bushisms.txt posted:

Your amiibo collection is worthless if doesn't contain both versions of bayo.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
In my quite-serious opinion, if there's a character you just love beyond all reason or consequence, buy that one and no other.

If there isn't, take whatever you were budgeting for Amiibos, put half into savings and the other half into something you're 100% sure you will enjoy. Take some friends out to dinner, your treat.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I have an Amiibo of Link with a bow and arrow on my desk hutch. I imagine it would get me items if I ever touched it to my Switch.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I understand wanting Animal Crossing, I very much want a new Animal Crossing as well... but I more want them to finally announce Mario Maker Switch. And I want it to have tools to make ACTUAL autoscrolling/minecraft-esque levels instead of me having to MacGyver them with the water tileset

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The only Amiibos I have is BOTW bow Link, 8 bit Link and Mr. Resetti.

There are some more that I would like but where the hell would I put them without looking tacky?

content
Feb 13, 2014

I had a collection of 65-70 at one point, but I sold 'em all. Now I just have Isabelle (because she's the best) and Doc Mario (I just like the design?) on my desk.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Nintendo should make Super Mario Maker 64.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
I almost bought a Solaire, but it was too difficult and now I'm glad I didn't buy one.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Amiibo:

I own a BotW Archer Link, a Bokoblin, 8-bit Mario, and Toad. That's all I've got and that's all I plan on getting.

Link and Bokoblin are at home on my windowsill and Mario and Toad are sitting here on my work desk.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

I would buy Amiibo of those two Takashi Murakami statues. You know the ones.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

They should make SNK amiibo in celebration of them being the only ones releasing virtual console games on the Switch

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I do own a funko Rathalos.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I just have amiibo that exist just to get me certain stuff in Animal Crossing. Oh and a Shulk, which unlocked stuff in Xenoblade 3DS.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Policenaut posted:

Oh and a Shulk, which unlocked stuff in Xenoblade 3DS.
Coins, to unlock the gallery of everyone's swimming trunks.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I own two 8-bit Link's because they were on sale at walmart for $6 a piece, I keep one in the box on my desk at work and one is out of the box, originally used with BOTW, but now gets randomly thrown around by my kids.

Related: 8-bit link is surprisingly resilient when being thrown around by kids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I have a lot of them and I like my collection but being one of those people who will never own a house I'll probably get sick of lugging them from apartment to apartment every few years and eventually part ways with them. It would be cool to have some kind of display case for a few of them because plastic tchotchkes are fun to have but until I have a room I can dedicate to my stupid hobbies they'll live in the christmas ornament storage bins I bought for them and like it.

• Locked thread