Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Push El Burrito posted:

Ok I suspend disbelief for a lot of stuff in comics. But this quick change by Moon Knight is a step too far.

He didn't actually change. He just thinks he did because he's crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Yep. The real reason nobody catches Moon Knight is he's just some random naked dude beating the poo poo out of them and they don't recognize him when he's dressed.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Toshimo posted:

He didn't actually change. He just thinks he did because he's crazy.

He's the Moon Knight because he runs around bare-assed when he thinks he's in costume.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Does he have moon based powers or is he just moon version of Batman?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Do not underestimate the power of the naked butt

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

hiddenriverninja posted:

Sometimes he's stronger with the cycles of the moon. Sometimes he's aware of and uses his multiple personalities to his advantage. He was introduced as the ultimate werewolf hunter before he was reintroduced as a mercenary with dubious ties to Egyptology.

He and Hawkman should talk.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

hiddenriverninja posted:

"Without warning it comes... crashing through the window of your study... and mine... I have seen it before... somewhere... it frightened me... as a boy... frightened me... Yes, father. I shall become THE MOON."
—Jake Lockley, probably

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Toshimo posted:

"Without warning it comes... crashing through the window of your study... and mine... I have seen it before... somewhere... it frightened me... as a boy... frightened me... Yes, father. I shall become THE MOON."
—Jake Lockley, probably

Jake Lockley sits in his car, musing about a mugging he just witnessed.
"I need a symbol. Something that will strike fear into the hearts of this cowardly and superstitious lot. But what....what could that symbol be....."
Suddenly, the car rocks on it's suspension as a drunken college student presses his naked rear end onto the driver side window.
"That's it!"
Title panel: MOON KNIGHT

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

TheCenturion posted:

"I need a symbol. Something that will strike fear into the hearts of this cowardly and superstitious lot. But what....what could that symbol be....."
Suddenly, the car rocks on it's suspension as a drunken college student presses his naked rear end onto the driver side window.
"That's it!"

Praise Khonshu. :butt:

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

TheCenturion posted:

"That's it!"

:thunk:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

TheCenturion posted:

"That's it!"

I liked the early series where he wore a cowl with two buttocks on top.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Superman #3

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Adam beat me to the post.

Where's the funny?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Rhyno posted:

Adam beat me to the post.

Where's the funny?

Earth vanished, Adam Strange shows up for something completely unrelated and he thinks he's being pranked?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
It's like Home Alone but with an entire planet

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Rhyno posted:

Where's the funny?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Well, that poster's name really delivered, did it not?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Push El Burrito posted:

Ok I suspend disbelief for a lot of stuff in comics. But this quick change by Moon Knight is a step too far.

It’s totally in character for MK to take a five minute pause in his internal monologue while changing

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
From Infinity Wars. Marvel universe amalgamated with itself?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
I demand a Ghost Panther comic

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Piell posted:

I demand a Ghost Panther comic
Forums user Vulpes Vulpes got you covered!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Yeah. Everyone on that page is getting a two-shot.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Poor Spidey.
The Parker curse AND being moon knight.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
I know instinctively that the whole idea came from somebody pitching one of those combos out of nowhere, I just want to know which.

My bet is on Weapon Hex. It's too good a pun and using characters just barely far enough out of the spotlight to be solely an event-driven idea, that one had to be brewing as a post-it note on someone's wall for months.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Holy hell do I hate that art.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

So are they 2 actual characters merged together?

Would be interesting to see Tony struggle with the Thor half wanting a drink

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011
That artist is a coward and should have had Wolverine in one of Emma Frosts usual outfits.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Now someone post when DC did the same gag in Superman/Batman. I mainly only remember it because the main villain was Doomstroke.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

Takezio posted:

That artist is a coward and should have had Wolverine in one of Emma Frosts usual outfits.

There are some things that shouldn't be imagined!

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

What's wrong with your hand?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

RagnarokZ posted:

There are some things that shouldn't be imagined!

I have to see a hairy surly Canuck's naked body every morning when I shower, and I don't even have the benefit of comic book muscles.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Cleretic posted:

Weapon Hex.

Legit wishing this was a Jonah Hex/Wolverine Amalgam Comic character. Or Jonah Hex/anyone. Basically, more Jonah Hex.

Granted, my only exposure to Jonah Hex has been DCAU and Legends of Tomorrow.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Say Nothing posted:

From Infinity Wars. Marvel universe amalgamated with itself?

Soldier Supreme's got none of pros of either of the people he's a composite of and he still gets more praise than Arachknight.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

uPen posted:

It was drawn by Jack Kirby.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Arachknight walks down the street to buy a sandwich at the deli. He missed two dates with improbably hot women along the way, but saves two orphanages by stabbing someone who mildly deserved it. He's labeled a menace by a local journalist, but can't read the paper because of the concussion he got from a falling brick.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

uPen posted:

He's Dave Grohl and he's dreaming.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

ConfusedUs posted:

Arachknight walks down the street to buy a sandwich at the deli. He missed two dates with improbably hot women along the way, but saves two orphanages by stabbing someone who mildly deserved it. He's labeled a menace by a local journalist, but can't read the paper because of the concussion he got from a falling brick.

The only problem with this is Arachknight having enough cash on hand to buy a sandwich.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Skwirl posted:

The only problem with this is Arachknight having enough cash on hand to buy a sandwich.

He never actually made it to the deli to buy the sandwich, so it still checks out.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Gavok posted:

Now someone post when DC did the same gag in Superman/Batman. I mainly only remember it because the main villain was Doomstroke.

The best one was the mashup between Jimmy Olson and Harvey Dent.

"Jimmy Two-Face. He's your best pal...'till he stabs you in the back."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Brute Squad posted:

Legit wishing this was a Jonah Hex/Wolverine Amalgam Comic character. Or Jonah Hex/anyone. Basically, more Jonah Hex.

Granted, my only exposure to Jonah Hex has been DCAU and Legends of Tomorrow.

Graymioti did some good minis I think